PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any traditions?

Whittibo
08-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Our first year in DL, we really tried to do it up good, we didn't think we would be able to go back. We wanted to do something really memorable, so I decided we would go to Build-A-Bear (at this point, we had to drive down to the coast to some mall that was WAY nice, now we go to the DTD store, and love it because they have the DL clothes) I don't know when they started, but nobody had really heard of them before, so it was pretty cool.

Every year since our first trip in Aug/Sept of 2000, we have gone back to DL and to Build-A-Bear. We don't buy new bears, only new outfits for ours, but we do try to get the latest CD.

We also take a family picture in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It's so cool to see our pictures/progression. My little one was 1.5 years old when we went the first time, she was still in diapers! This year she will be almost 7!

We also can't be in DL without eating a churro. Unlike any other, they are sooooo yummy. We dream about them weeks before we leave. :D

What's your favorite "memory maker"??

DianeM
08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
We stop at Carnation and get Ice Cream. There is always a long line at night, but we wait in one last line, then sit and savor our sundaes. And it's not really a tradition, but I never really feel like I'm at Disney until I go on Pirates. I have to go on it early on the first day. It's kind of becoming a tradition. And the last ride we go on is always it's a Small World. Ever since I was a little girl. We would watch the fireworks from near the ride, then hurry to get in line afterwards, before the lines got long. :-)

Our first year in DL, we really tried to do it up good, we didn't think we would be able to go back. We wanted to do something really memorable, so I decided we would go to Build-A-Bear (at this point, we had to drive down to the coast to some mall that was WAY nice, now we go to the DTD store, and love it because they have the DL clothes) I don't know when they started, but nobody had really heard of them before, so it was pretty cool.

Every year since our first trip in Aug/Sept of 2000, we have gone back to DL and to Build-A-Bear. We don't buy new bears, only new outfits for ours, but we do try to get the latest CD.

We also take a family picture in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It's so cool to see our pictures/progression. My little one was 1.5 years old when we went the first time, she was still in diapers! This year she will be almost 7!

We also can't be in DL without eating a churro. Unlike any other, they are sooooo yummy. We dream about them weeks before we leave. :D

What's your favorite "memory maker"??

chickyb
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
My sister and I always make sure to have a Mickey Mouse pretzle, it's our favorite tradition. And, as long as it's running, we always take a few laps around the park on the train, just to rest for a little while (couldn't do it on our last trip as the train was down for refurbishment). Oh, and no matter what, we make sure to eat at least one thing, even just dessert or an appetizer, at the Rainforest Cafe. We even did this when we went to Disneyland Paris! It just isn't a trip to Disneyland without seeing the elephants, gorrilas, and rainstorm! (Yes, I realize that there is nothing "Disney" about Rainforest Cafe, but it's just become a part of our trips).

This trip, we plan to start a new tradition by getting a Dole Whip, something I've never had! :p

Whittibo
08-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I have never had a Dole Whip either. But have read about them here. Maybe the Tiki Room and Dole Whip will become a new tradition for us too.

Hey, just noticed you'll be around Disneyland when I am there too. You must be like the 5th person I have noticed!

vmjess
08-26-2005, 07:56 AM
We ALWAYS get a park map and spend some time each night before bed marking off the things we did that day. It is a great way to remember the fun things we did that day, plan what we want to do the next day and it helps my obsessive compulsive husband do absolutely everything there is to do without missing a thing! We keep the maps in our scrapbook and it is fun to look back at them with all their marks and notes!

I too keep noticing all the countdowns and have seen many people who will be there the same time as us. How fun!

rfaljean
08-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Usually hit Adventureland first/POTC/HM....need that corndog fix (best in the state!!!). If we're there for more than a few hrs, we make sure we get in at least on ride on Peter Pan (hubby's fav)...

Skunker
08-26-2005, 09:13 AM
We always go on HM first. I love the idea of taking a picture in front of the castle each time, I think we'll make that a tradition too! We almost always do POTC right after HM too. Then it's usually BTMRR. After that, it's anyone's guess!
Oh, we usually head over to the park early and wear ourselves out, then go back to the hotel and swim/nap. We head back over to DL in the later afternoon.
I haven't been to DL in so long my memories are starting to fade...need DL fix....fading fast....someone help me....

(thank goodness we are going in 65 days 51 minutes 44 seconds)