PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Gray breaks on when gov gray davis tours park

gautry
02-22-2002, 07:11 AM
ANAHEIM, Feb. 21 - Anaheim firefighters used ladders today to remove about 75 people from the Disneyland monorail in that malfunctioned and stopped in a backstage area.

The crews were called to the park about 2:45 p.m. The monorail was stopped in a tree-lined area that is inaccessible to park visitors, near the "It's A Small World" ride, said the park's Ray Gomez.

There were no injuries, Gomez said.

Maria Sabol of the Anaheim Fire Department said the people on the monorail, which is on tracks about 25 feet off the ground, were being taken off one by one by firefighters.

"We had a call from Disneyland regarding a mechanical malfunction on the monorail, in the backstage area of Disneyland," Sabol said. "As a precaution, they've asked the Anaheim Fire Department to help evacuate approximately 75 of their guests, who are about 25 feet off the ground."

Eighteen firefighters were involved.

"They've asked for a couple of ladders, some gloves and helmets as a precaution," Sabol said.

Gomez said the entire monorail system lost power. Two rides were in use at the time, but one was at a station when the power went off, Gomez said.

"The passengers took it in good humor and spirits," Gomez said, adding there were no injuries.

"We're hoping to restore power this afternoon," Gomez said. "It's a very popular ride."

"It's happened before," Gomez said, "but it's not very common. It happened when there were power outages affecting the entire park.

gautry
02-22-2002, 07:16 AM
Why did disney call AFD I thought that Disney had some type of a push back item to hall the monorail into and out of the shed and track if the monorial breaks there appears to be a lockng device on the front on purple orange and yellow not on red i guess

Main Street Magic
02-22-2002, 08:20 AM
Has my brain gone foggy or what? I don't seem to recall the monorail going near small world.

Lani
02-22-2002, 08:41 AM
gautry -- your original post has a dateline. Is this an article that was published somewhere? If so include reference to the article. What newspaper? Is there a byline (who wrote it)? Is there a link to the article online?

We tend to frown on our members reposting entire articles, but based on your post I cannot tell. As a general rule, do not post articles as you do not own the rights to redistribute it (that is, you do not hold the copyright). Instead, I suggest you:

- Provide a link to the article online if it is available in this format.
- Provide a synopsis of what the article had to say. A few direct quotes are fine, as long as they are encased in quotes so it is obvious you are quoting the story (but do not quote the article in its entirety).
- Use the article as a means to offer your own opinion.

Thank you.

PS: We encourage you to use our Spell Check feature. It is an optional feature that we have elected to make available to our members, and is one of the button options in the same line as the Submit button, under the text area where you type in your message.

gautry
02-22-2002, 08:44 AM
its the park of the track on harbor blvd thet turn into the park thet went over the old motor boat cruse they probably have teh seocond monorail sitting at tomwrrow land and monorial red Aka GRAY had to ciricle its is also a part of the track where the trains are serviced and where the trees and flower department is. momorial dose not go near small world to the public but i think is goes past is going to and from the service bay area

gautry
02-22-2002, 08:52 AM
the article comes from channel2000.com i though that i included the copywritten information but i must have not forgotten
sorry again

JoeCanadian
02-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Gautry, you have to keep something in mind when you are typing out your posts. People who read them appreciate it when they are able to decipher the point you are trying to make. I appreciate reading other peoples posts but yours are the hardest to follow. Here's what I've noticed:

1. You try to say too much in one sentence. Blurting out two subjects in a single line isn't going to cut it.
2. Your spelling is atrocious. As Lani suggested, there IS a spellcheck feature available.
3. There appears to be no logical flow, or logic, to your posts. Your recent Chevron/Texaco sponsorship of Autopia comes to mind. You just went off on a wild tangent there.
4. If you want to offer an opinion keep it short and sweet. I'm sure that'll help clear up any of the clarity issues people have with your posts.

This is just what I've noticed. I'm sure there are other people who've got some advice for gautry.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-22-2002, 10:42 AM
...monorial red Aka GRAY...
What the??? Why are you trying to attach the Monorail incident to Governor Gray? What is that supposed to achieve?

Joe Canadian says it best, but I would like to reiterate that not using punctuation makes you look, well, bad. If you do any reading on our boards (or any message boards, for that matter) it becomes quickly apparent that we use periods, commas, and capitalization, and proper spelling to make ourselves understood.

I think this is like telling someone their fly is down - uncomfortable, but for the best. Your sloppiness makes you look less than intelligent and I can't help but discount you for it. Please do better - you are driving everyone mad.

Uncle Dick
02-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lani

PS: We encourage you to use our Spell Check feature. It is an optional feature that we have elected to make available to our members, and is one of the button options in the same line as the Submit button, under the text area where you type in your message.

The spell check feature hasn't worked for some time now. Just try it. Looks like you have to pay for the service now.

Gemini Cricket
02-22-2002, 03:47 PM
gautry-
What's your fascination with Gray Davis?

tabacco
02-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Er, also... it was monorail ORANGE that broke down, not monorail gray, which doesn't exist. There's also no monorail yellow.

The options are: Red, Orange, Purple, and Blue

Don't invent new ones, it only muddles up your story even more.

Hades
02-22-2002, 06:24 PM

lani,

I don't think the Spell Check feature wants to play with us anymore. I attempted to use it on another post today and it says that the banner run feature is no longer available and to use the pay version of this feature. What gives?

Just thought you might want to know!:D

Nigel2
02-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Er, also... it was monorail ORANGE that broke down, not monorail gray, which doesn't exist. There's also no monorail yellow.

The options are: Red, Orange, Purple, and Blue

Don't invent new ones, it only muddles up your story even more.

There is a monorail silver at WDW (looks gray):D

Oh and his obsession with Davis (acutally he is trying to sway MP to not vote for him in the primaries) was in a thread that was derailed faster than an Amtrack train.:D (all apologies to Amtrack)

Also (I haven't checked yet on the monorail thread) but wasn't the monorail too close to the switchtrack to have the tow engine move it safely?

Lani
02-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Oh blast it! Tony had turned it off because of some complaints about the ads or something. You folks are totally right.

Nigel2
02-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Wasn't there something said on the Admin thread about having ads in the post windows if SC could come back?

TerryTiger
02-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JoeCanadian
Gautry, you have to keep something in mind when you are typing out your posts. People who read them appreciate it when they are able to decipher the point you are trying to make. I appreciate reading other peoples posts but yours are the hardest to follow. Here's what I've noticed:

1. You try to say too much in one sentence. Blurting out two subjects in a single line isn't going to cut it.
2. Your spelling is atrocious. As Lani suggested, there IS a spellcheck feature available.
3. There appears to be no logical flow, or logic, to your posts. Your recent Chevron/Texaco sponsorship of Autopia comes to mind. You just went off on a wild tangent there.
4. If you want to offer an opinion keep it short and sweet. I'm sure that'll help clear up any of the clarity issues people have with your posts.

This is just what I've noticed. I'm sure there are other people who've got some advice for gautry.

Thank you JoeCanadian. I couldn't have said it better myself. I have had it with Gautry and now ignore his posts. I encourage everyone to do the same.