PDA

View Full Version : Do you think GCH will open rooms in Oct.?

Hi-Ho
08-25-2005, 03:33 PM
We are already booked at CCI from Oct. 2 - 8th for our anniversary trip, and now my husband wants to stay part of the time at GCH. Yay! We have never stayed there. Anyway, all dates during that time are booked. :crying: I thought I read recently that sometimes they hold rooms for conferences, etc. Any idea how far in advance they typically release those? Thanks much!

pisces
08-25-2005, 04:01 PM
They have availability for Sun, October 2.....on expedia for 265 .00. It's only one night, but something is better than nothing. I have no idea about the bed type, though.

Maybe if you just get your foot in the door with that one night, there may be cancellations and they'd let you extend your visit. Stay in touch with them from now, till you go, to see if things have changed day by day.

You really need to book with them a minimum of two months in advance. Good Grief, we all have had reservations in with them 8, 9, and sometimes 12 months in advance.

But, they are expensive, and people do cancel, all the time, when they can't come up with the money...sooo.....last minute cancellations are a reality at a place like that.

Rteneyck
08-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I would try calling them also. Online it looked to be sold out and they did have some rooms when I called.

hlbtimes2
08-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I wouldnt be at all surprised if they open up some rooms as it gets closer. They've been showing sold out for most of Sept / Oct, but now there are some Sept rooms available.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-25-2005, 04:48 PM
We tried to book today for the paradise pier at the end of September, the CM told us that there are a full run of conventions for september and october and almost no availablility for those two months. THe only ap rooms were concierge and the DLH and GCH were totally sold out of AP and discounted rooms.

Giving the fairfield a whirl for this trip.