PDA

View Full Version : Just booked GCH!

NVMulan
08-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I am so excited. We just booked the GCH for Nov 29 - Dec 3rd! The night of the 3rd is already booked up. What is up with that?

So we got Themepark view and requested the bunk bed option. What can I say to them to let them know I want to face the Soarin Over California area as oppose to the pool and Paradise Pier area? I don't know what that area is called. Condor Flats?

What do you think they crowds will be like these 3 days?

pisces
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
So, how many nights is that ...4? Wow, that's better than I did. I think I'll only make it to 3, this year...though I'm gonna try for one more.

Is that the week of the Candlelight Vigil? That's kind of an unusual week, because it's right after Thanksgiving. Be prepared for anything weather-wise. Indian Summer, high winds, rain, .... expect the unexpected.

NVMulan
08-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Well I did that pay for 3 and get the 4th night free. So it costs the same as 3 nights. Although we only plan to visit the parks on Wed, Thurs and Fri.

kisroo
08-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Congrats!! It sounds like that will be a nice time to go.
I'll bet that the 3rd is Candlelight Processional at DL and that's why it's sold out. It's a very popular holiday performance.

Have a great time!
~kisroo:)

NVMulan
08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
What is the Candlelight Processional? And where can I find more information on it?

I am thinking in terms of crowds Wed and Thurs should be super. And Friday might get a bit crowded as the day progresses. However that is my DS 3rd birthday and we can fill our time doing that Minnie and Mickey birthday party and a character dinner. Or something!

Any room number suggestions for GCH?

NVMulan
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
And it is a good thing that I wanted theme park view because on the website it's themepark and above! No more regular rooms.

tlovesdis
08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I am so excited. We just booked the GCH for Nov 29 - Dec 3rd! The night of the 3rd is already booked up. What is up with that?

So we got Themepark view and requested the bunk bed option. What can I say to them to let them know I want to face the Soarin Over California area as oppose to the pool and Paradise Pier area? I don't know what that area is called. Condor Flats?

What do you think they crowds will be like these 3 days?

All you can do is put in a request, there is no guarantee for a particular room. If one is available when you check in then they will give it to you.

EeyoreAdorer
08-26-2005, 09:30 AM
What can I say to them to let them know I want to face the Soarin Over California area as oppose to the pool and Paradise Pier area? I don't know what that area is called. Condor Flats?

Yes, that's called Condor Flats. You'll also be facing GRR. We had that same view when we had our Theme park view room there 2 years ago. It's a great view!

Just as Tlovesdis mentioned, you can put in the request, but it can't be guaranteed. Put in the request now, and double check on the availability when you check in.

Another thing, when you check in, don't be put off when they say that they are full to capacity and don't have any rooms to move you to. If the other guests have not checked in, and the rooms are just blocked off for them, you can request one of those rooms as you are 'there'.

This happened to me when I stayed there a few weeks ago and requested a room change after we saw our "view???" (I chose a DD view this time around) I was adament and they moved us. When you're paying that kind of money, you need to be happy with your room. The front desk told me that they were full to capacity and the rooms were blocked off and unavailable. I then mentioned that hadn't my room been 'blocked off' for me, and why couldn't they move me to another blocked room where the guests had not checked into yet, and re-block off my room for the next person? She put me on hold, then came back on and switched my room. I'm not usually so forceful, but my DD and I were seriously unhappy with our room. Plus, we were staying for 4 nights.

Good luck!