PDA

View Full Version : Finally went on Tower of Terror

jedimatt
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Welp, i havent been to Disneyland resort in well over 3 years, and last week for my 25th I got a Disneyland Annual Pass. Good stuff, it sure has changed, but i wanted to share with you guys my video that i made...unfortuntly it didnt come out but the audio is great. Problem is that i contains a single bad word. I didnt want to post it only to have it taken down. Are you allowed to post a Video link if it has a single s-word in it?

Disneymademoiselle
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Congratulations on your 25th Birthday (I am assuming that it's your birthday and not your anniversary). I finally rode ToT during my trip last week (I have gone four times since the ride opened and either had a single-day pass or were with people too scared to ride). I just think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can't wait till the randomizer is put in next summer!!!

Best of luck with the video clip. I have NO idea about MousePlanet's language policies :confused:

StonePrincess
08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I wish I could help, but I'm not sure on the policy either. The ToT is a cool ride. I'm glad you liked it! :)
Sorry to wander off the main topic, but what is the randomizer that you're talking about Disneymademoiselle?

phillyorig
08-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Could it be that Disney doesn't own the "RIGHTS" to the name of ToT?
(ps. can YOU hold your camera on that ride? lol :) )

BellhopMicah
08-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Awesomeness! Congratulations on your first visit to the HTH! Good thing that none of the bellhops caught you taping! ;)

TowerofTerror
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM
glad you had a good time . well hope you use your annual pass a lot

coronado_g
08-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Can't imagine how a person would be able to hold a camera and videotape a fall like that. Or were you trying to videotape when the doors open and you see outside?

Vegitabeta
08-26-2005, 03:35 AM
I was going to take a photo when I got to the top, but then thought that I wouldn't have time to put the camera away before the lift went back down :p

jedimatt
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
its a camera/video cam i took it out after doors closed and put it down when doors reopened.Problem with the cam is that it wont go from dark light to bright lights and gets stuck. so you can see the beginning of the ride but not much after we reach the top.

I had not realized that i put the belt over my camera case which is attched to my hip. So when i fell, i did get quit a suprise.

I will post the link to share, but please be aware that it does contain 1 single curse word at the begining

My first tower of terror (http://files.filefront.com/my_first_tot/;4070275;;/fileinfo.html)

Bizarro Joker
08-28-2005, 05:39 AM
The randomizer is something they have on Tower of Terror in Florida and will be coming to The Tower of terror in California next summer. I have heard it explained like this.

Right now the droping sequence on TOT in CA is always the same pattern. So if you ride it alot(like most people who have an annual pass do)you have gotten to the point where you have memorized the drop patern of the ride.

The randomizer(if it is the same system used in Flordia)has 6 different drop patterns which are picked randomly. Thus no matter how may times you have ridden the ride it is nearly impossible to"memorize" the drop patterns.

I am going off stuff I have read on the net though. I have never been to Florida so I have no first hand experience. I do know that the TOT in Florida and the TOT in California are slightly different rides, but that should not change the way Disney would use a randomizer though.

SilverStyle
08-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Yes, we will be getting the randomizer soon. How do u think I feel when I have to do a show check riding and knowing exactly when the drop is. However floridas only has 4 different drop profiles. The fourth one is the best, hence called tower 4. Their version of tower 4 is the same drop profile we have over at DCA. The DCA tower also shakes which florida doesnt have. When we get the randomizer it will truly be random drop profile, with 6 different variations for each shaft. It's pretty amazing that they could do this at moment for DCA tower, but I guess they will wait.

TowerofTerror
08-28-2005, 09:50 AM
wel it sounds you had a good time when you went

StonePrincess
08-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Ah, thank you Bizarro Joker and SilverStyle.
Wow! The randomizer sounds cool, however this now means I have to try and figure out the differenece between all 6! Yay, now I have a project! :D (Although I can't start for awhile. ;) )