PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland...

Pat-n-Eil
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't recall if I mentioned this.. maybe I did.. but on our recent trip, we visited the innoventions building and saw Asimo. We actually enjoyed that little excursion. The high tech video games and stuff were cool.. and we thought Asimo was quite impressive..

Scroll Lock
08-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Here is a movie idea, um..Adam Sandler...falls asleep at Disneyland....he awakes at night and ...um....tp's the park...Greenlight It!

I'm sorry, I can't stand to go in there. One of my favorite rides as a child was America Sings....the singing along, the clapping along, the sparkly lights....I cannot fathom why that facility was left vacant for so many years and then only to be re-opened for some type of infomercial museum. What a waste of stage space for a show or something. Now if they had a Pirate robot dancing, walking and throwing a tennis ball, that would be something!

MrsG
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry, I can't stand to go in there. One of my favorite rides as a child was America Sings....
I can't stand it either. Only I miss Carousel of Progress (I'm a bit older, I'm guessing... :rolleyes: ). I have been in there exactly twice. Never again.

itig
08-25-2005, 04:05 PM
I have not seen Asimo, but the last time I was in there...booooring. Agree with Scroll Lock...America Sings was great and they should have left it there. And don't get me started on Bear Country Jamboree :)

Maus
08-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Asimo is very impressive. I wonder how long before he's available for purchase? Unfortunately I imagine those he was designed to assist will be unable to afford him.

He's a good reason to revisit Innoventions. (And I miss Carousel of Progress!)

Gone2Disneyland
08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm afraid I haven't gone into Innoventions yet to see Asimo. I'm with the "it's booooooring" crowd. But I have heard he is entertaining to see. So, one day I'll go in to make a fair assessment.

I also wanted to post my "thumbs up" for America Sings. I miss it too. "Pop goes the weasel!" :fez:

ErikBsandiego
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
America sings never did it for me but i LOVED the orignal bear country ("There was blood on the saddle"). GO BIg AL!!!

coronado_g
08-25-2005, 09:29 PM
I can't stand it either. Only I miss Carousel of Progress (I'm a bit older, I'm guessing... :rolleyes: ). I have been in there exactly twice. Never again.
Absolutely ~ Carousel of Progress all the way!
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"
And that obnoxous Cousin Ernie (or was he an uncle?)

Doug
08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok, well, another reason to go into Innoventions is for the Segway.... they do have that it there still, right? I rode it once.... you just to ride it juuuust long enough to go from complete incompetence to just barely being able to ride it, and your down :(

animagusurreal
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Admittedly we were on a limited time frame when I went, but I found it difficult to navigate in an un-Disney-like manner, so I didn't really see anything in there. I guess the spinning walkway at the beginning disoriented me, or something.

Everything I did see looked like an infomercial, and I didn't feel like I was in Disneyland anymore.

What still interests me is the Ultimate Coaster (?) Simulator I've heard about, where you design a roller coaster and then "ride" it, but I never did find that the time I went. Has anyone here tried that?

- Brent

P.S. I loved America Sings, too. I was so bummed when I found out they were getting rid of it. At the time I was 6 or 7 and I didn't like wild rides yet, so I think I was kind of mad at Splash Mountain because I knew they took the figures from that show and put them into Splash.

PirateSmile
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I've never seen Asimo, but I went in that place twice and will never again. Blegh. I don't believe I was around when anything else was there, lol.

Vegitabeta
08-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Ok, well, another reason to go into Innoventions is for the Segway.... they do have that it there still, right? I rode it once.... you just to ride it juuuust long enough to go from complete incompetence to just barely being able to ride it, and your down :(

I thought they took the Segway thing out?

jon80flt
08-26-2005, 09:47 AM

Sorry, Segway is gone... I only got to ride it once... but it was really cool! My DW chose not to wait in line that day to ride it, thinking it would always be there.... now she's kicking herself for missing it!

Asimo is cool, but still seems to be in a very small niche of need, at this point.

Jon

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I am a Disneyland fanatic & just got back from Disneyworld on Tuesday. I had not been there in 12 years!!!! Well I did my FAVORITE ride of all time, "Carousel of Progress". It was great. I really missed it & wished that Disneyland would bring it back. The seats were filled and many people were singing along during the show. So why would they not put it back at Disneyland? Seemed popular? I never have seen "America Sings", so I don't have a comment to that. But I LOVE Carousel. It's great to just relax and watch. And my kids (8, 3 & 2) really liked it too! And my 8 year old was actually learning a little something education about History while having fun!! I wish Disneyland would have brought back a ride for the 50th. Like an older nostalgic ride. Even to turn the Tarzan treehouse back into the Swiss Family Treehouse would have made me HAPPY!