PDA

View Full Version : DLR Expedia

potcfan
08-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm driving to Long Beach from Tucson over Labor Day weekend (kids soccer games). Out of curiosity I decided to check Expedia to see what the DLR resort rates are for check in Monday, 09/05/05, check out Friday, 09/09/05. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the GCH averaged out to $126.75 per night ($169, M,T,W with Thursday night free). The DLH was even better at an average of $90.75 per night ($129 M,T,W, with Thursday night free).
I almost wish I hadn't looked, I would so much love to spend those 4 extra nights at DL but my kids have to go to school on Tuesday. :(

Wendi
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Wow, that's amazing!

DangerMouse
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
That's awesome. I was able to just get an excellent Entertainment rate at the HoJo ($49+tax) for 9/3-9/5. But that DLH rate is so tempting. . .

I'm hoping the lower rates means that the crowds may be down during this time???

Rteneyck
08-25-2005, 01:46 PM
wow - that is awesome. I hardly even got what I wanted at the end of Sept. All 3 hotels are showing sold out.

TowerofTerror
08-25-2005, 01:52 PM
It so cool thanks for sharing

SassyNYLady
08-25-2005, 01:56 PM
With the advent of Expedia and the other online services, it truly is amazing the "last minute deals" that you can get.

The last time I flew up to Tahoe, I booked about 4 days in advance (which is average for me), and got a *little* higher than average price. On Wednesday (two days before I was scheduled to leave), I got an e-mail from Orbitz with "last minute deals to Tahoe". Had I left Wednesday night (about 9 hours from the time that I checked the prices), it would have been less than half the price, coming back at the same time.

Incredible, when one thinks about how there used to be the "universal fleecing of customer's wallets" when it came to last minute flights.

Of course though, with hotels and flights, you do take the real chance that things are going to be sold out. But it is wonderful for those who want to take "spur of the moment" trips.