PDA

View Full Version : DL/DCA south entrance?

kimc0486
08-25-2005, 10:56 AM
I am staying in Parkside Inn and Suites (1830 s. west street) and on their website said that to get to the main gates enter through the south entrance of DL/DCA, unless i'm confused with my directions, I thought the entrances were east and west? :confused: DTD side and the shuttle area side? Wheres the south entrance? Thanks.

Disneyfun
08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Good question. I am picking up my uncle in an hour at the airport and taking him to the HIlton I will look around for you!

Darkbeer
08-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, the main path of Downtown Disney, Ball and Katella Ave are pretty much East/West streets, Main Street, Disneyland Drive and Harbor Blvd are North/South Streets.

That makes Disneyland the North part of the DLR, and DCA is located on the South part.

As for entrances, each park now only has two entrance gates. DCA used to have a special 3rd gate just for Paradise Pier Hotel guests, but it has been closed for about a year now.

Disneyland entrances are located at the Main Entry Plaza (North Side), and the Monorail entrance in DtD. DCA's entrances are the Main Entry Plaza (south side), and the special gate located at the Grand Californian.

kimc0486
08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks. Originally I had planned to walk around DCA and enter through DTD on the west side...which I'm guessing I should still do or am I still missing the "south gate"?

TowerofTerror
08-25-2005, 01:51 PM
yup i like when DCA at the Paradise Entrance

PragmaticIdealist
08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
There are three pedestrian entrances to the main part of the resort property.

Your hotel is probably describing as the "south entrance" the Katella Avenue Pedestrian Entrance.

You will probably want to enter the property through this entrance and take the trams to the East Esplanade.

Darkbeer
08-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, since Disneyland opens earlier than DCA most days, you will want to get to the Main Entry Plaza.

Options, the easiest way is to take the ART shuttle. Make sure and buy your ticket prior to boarding, since a pre-purchased ticket is $3 for all day service, paying on the shuttle is $3 for just a single trip. You can buy them online.

http://www.rideart.org/

The nearest ART stop is in front of the Anabella Hotel, which is the Hotel next door to the Parkside.

If you want to walk (about a 1 mile walk), the best thing to do is go north on West Street (it turns into Disneyland Drive when you cross Katella).

Keep walking until you get to the Grand Californian driveway, at this point you have two options, the one that is easier (less chance to get lost) is to make a left (west) at the light and go up one "block", then go north again until you get to the ESPN Zone, then make a right (east) towards Downtown Disney and the parks. Following the pathway straight will take you to the Security checkpoint and the Main Entry Plaza.

The shorter walk is going thru the Grand Californian, though you will have a better chance to get lost. This way, you make a right (east) at the Grand Californian driveway, follow the sidewalk to the GCH Main Entrance (the pathway turns and you will be going North again). Go thru the Main Doors, and then make a left (north) towards the GCH convention center. Follow that path north to the Business Center, just before the Business Center, there is a Automatic Door on your right, go thru that door, then make the first left you can (north). This will take you to the Downtown Disney main path, make a right (east) at Sephora.. follow that path to the Security Checkpoint and the Main Entry Plaza.

Darkbeer
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
There are three pedestrian entrances to the main part of the resort property.

Your hotel is probably describing as the "south entrance" the Katella Avenue Pedestrian Entrance.

You will probably want to enter the property through this entrance and take the trams to the East Esplanade.

The Timon Parking Lot is not open all days, it is only used now on "busy" days (they collect your money, and then send you to the Mickey and Friends parking structure), and they don't run the tram if they are not using the parking area.

So I avoid recommending this way, as you do end up walking farther than through Downtown Disney.

kimc0486
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Thank you Darkbeer for your DETAILED explanation, I've never walked around DLR area, I've stayed in hotels in Garden Grove area so always caught a shuttle, I really apreciate it!!! :D

Disneyfun
08-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Just got back and there is a walk thru on the south side of the park. You can walk in and take the parking tram to the front. !

Hope that helps!!

kimbopotamus
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Yep, Darkbeer has the very best and easiest way to get in from that side! I went to DL in April/May of this year and stayed at Parkside Inn and Suites. I had to ask the very same question you did! It took me about 45 minutes to figure out just how to work my way around to get in, but after the first time, it really was the fastest way to the main entry plaza.
I suggest you print Darkbeer's detailed 'map' LOL! And good luck at the Parkside, that's all I will say about that, heehee!

kimc0486
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm a little worried about parkside...was your stay horrible?
were there bugs in the rooms?
were they dirty?
how was the breakfast?
did it feel safe?
did you get towels, daily room service etc..?

ahh!! Thanks.

dehnehsu
08-26-2005, 03:28 AM
kimc0486, You asked about Parkside Inn & Suites earlier...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44176&highlight=parkside

I've stayed there. A bit run down, but for the $ paid, the cheapest deal around. I don't like the old metal keys they still use (Easy to copy)

I just walk to the Disney Resorts from the Motel. Just follow Darkbeer's directions. It takes us less than 20 minutes at a moderate pace to get to the Main gates to either park. I prefer the walk to waiting and paying for Shuttles.

If you walk and to echo Darkbeer, As you leave Parkside, turn right and head North on West St. which turns into Disneyland Drive at the Stoplights at Katella. Continue North straight ahead across the street and the Grand Californian will be on your right. (FYI, There are sidewalks on both sides of the street on Disneyland Drive) Cut thru the Grand Californian and just ask the employees to point you in the correct direction if you get lost in the Hotel. The Downtown Disney entrance is on the left as you walk into the Hotel.

kimc0486
08-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Great, Thanks for all of your guys' help!