PDA

View Full Version : New plates for 50th event

Malcon10t
08-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Did people have issues with the Ticket tray we got as a gift? The email I got this morning says people didn't find it up to Disney standards, and they are shipping us a new one. Any clue why they are saying it wasn't up to standards?

KarenW2
08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
We received the same email this morning too! Tho that wasn't one of the issues we wrote additional comments about, it could be that some people didn't think the finish or whatever on the tray was very good.

We always check our commemorative gifts out before we leave an event (one time we were handed something that was broken when we opened it!), since you can't exchange them afterwards. We had to change out a couple of the plates, until we found one that didn't have blotches of gold or whatever on the finish of the tray.

It was really hard to do that at the event, since they gave them out in the darkness of the arena on your way out, but I managed to take ours over to one of the lights and looked at it there (tho it still wasn't very well lit there). Even the two we received were kinda spotty, but we just accepted it as the way they chose to do it.

I'm glad Disney is responding to this. I wonder if we'll get any other follow-up emails about any other event aspects.

KTHoover
08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I can't believe that people actually complained about this!!! My husband and I had to miss this event because of a family emergency and some of these people are going to complain about this tray that it wasn't special enough??? I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am to hear this. I can't even express how disgusted I am!!!! Those people really need to be ashamed.

Malcon10t
08-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I can't believe that people actually complained about this!!! My husband and I had to miss this event because of a family emergency and some of these people are going to complain about this tray that it wasn't special enough??? I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am to hear this. I can't even express how disgusted I am!!!! Those people really need to be ashamed.I must say, I really liked ours. Sorry you had to cancel, the whole event was incredible.

TowerofTerror
08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
why is it ugly . post a picture of what it look like

AVP
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Our were gorgeous - we have one for display, and Tony is giving our 2nd one to someone who will especially cherish it for Christmas.

Although now that we're going to end up with 4 of them, I feel really badly that someone didn't get one for their birthday....

AVP

Malcon10t
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Our were gorgeous - we have one for display, and Tony is giving our 2nd one to someone who will especially cherish it for Christmas.

Although now that we're going to end up with 4 of them, I feel really badly that someone didn't get one for their birthday....

AVP
I'm thinking I might give my brother one, as he loves Disney collectibles too. I'm going to end up with 6. Curious what the new ones will look like, if they will be any different.

cstephens
08-25-2005, 06:57 PM
why is it ugly . post a picture of what it look like

Here's a picture of the ticket (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR50th/235.jpg). Here's a picture of the packaging (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR50th/234.jpg).

I thought the plate was pretty amazing myself.

Maus
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I was one who complained to Elaine. Besides the spotty finish which I thought looked awful, one of the plates had what looked like cracks or chips. Turned out to be the way the artwork was applied and there were folds that could be seen through the glass. I was asked to return the plates (she sent UPS prepaid labels) and told that new ones would be sent to me from the manufacturer. So we will only end up with two.

I certainly did not complain because they were not "special" enough. I complained because of inferior workmanship. The e-mail I received today said "we have determined that indeed the quality of the final commemorative gift for this event did not meet Disney standards" so the Merchandise team agreed with me.

Circarama
08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
This is not directed at Maus...
I was NOT even expecting a gift, so you can imagine how happpily suprised I was to open the box and see the "ticket" charger.
Yes, the application of the "ticket" to the bottom of the charger was a little blotchy in places, but it looks great on display on top of my armoire desk.
Prior to the 50th, I was one of WDES biggest critics. However, I was blown away by the whole "Magical Memories" event and I think that WDES busted their rear-end to make this event a success.
I am sorry to hear that they feel it is necessary to do something about the gift they GAVE to us. :|
(shuffles off, thinking of a story he heard about a gift horse...)

TowerofTerror
08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
hey my bad it isn't ugly at all i was looking at something else had it mistaken. its very nice looking

Dom262
08-26-2005, 07:08 AM
My wife and I go one each of the Ticket Charger. They are beautiful, however we did return one. When we got back home, we found that one of our plates as chipped and had a sharp edge. We weren't disappointed with it by anymeans, just needed to have one without the sharp edge.

The event was wonderful. We are looking forward to our next WDES event. Well at least when we find one that we can actually do.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-26-2005, 10:49 AM

AVP

Awwwwwwwww, Tony doesn't have to send your extra set to ME for Christmas. ;) ;)

Will MouseShoppe sell these, by chance? (Are these the ones with the crowns??)