PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland from LAX transport?

RayChuang
02-21-2002, 10:00 PM
Folks,

I'm thinking about visiting Disneyland (I haven't been there in quite some time! :( ), but I don't want to pay through the nose for a flight to John Wayne Orange County Airport.

What are the reasonably cheap ground transportation options from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Disneyland? Are there express buses that run betwen LAX and Disneyland?

MammaSilva
02-21-2002, 10:09 PM
there are buses and there are shuttles.. shuttles cost a bit more but are faster/more convienant because they take you to the door of the hotel you stay at...the buses don't always do that..it depends on which hotel you choose... they get you close but not always front door service, depending on the number in your party you might want to consider a "private" run on the shuttle, I know super shuttle does it for a considerable discount over the per person price ... do NOT take a taxi, I took one from John Wayne to the Disneyland Hotel and it was 40 bucks, LAX is 40 miles away I can't even begin to imagine what that would cost :(

BELLEH5
02-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Last April my friend and I took the shuttle from LAX to Pardise Pier and it was only $14 per person. It was cramped, because the drivers make $$$ on #of people they can squeeze in. Have a great trip.

RayChuang
02-22-2002, 05:17 AM
I might be staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

Now, what are the options for ground transportation from LAX to Disneyland Hotel? I looked up the web pages for LAX and Disneyland and they don't provide information about such ground transport. :(

MammaSilva
02-22-2002, 07:31 AM
I suggest calling the Disneyland Hotel guest services, they are wonderful with that type of information....I know that before all the new construction/Downtown Disney/tram changes that the big buses used to stop right at the Disneyland Hotel but if you are thinking of staying on property I'd call the guest services and get some input from them..

PAOil
02-22-2002, 07:11 PM
When you exit the baggage area doors the shuttle platform is right there. We were familiar with Super Shuttle and used it. They run until midnight. No reservation required from LAX. It's still $14 to DL area unless you have 7 or more passengers--then its $73 for the whole van.

Morrigoon
02-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Don't use the bus... just use Super Shuttle to the DLH. Super Shuttle is quite cheap when you take it to the hotels around the DLR. I used to live in the area, and when I'd fly somewhere, I would always have someone drop me off at the DLH and take SS from there - big savings! One thing to remember though: to go home, you will need a reservation! And make it at least 24 hrs in advance. If you don't, you *may* be able to get one, but don't expect guest services to help you, they'll just tell you to use the bus. With less than 24 hrs notice they won't even call Super Shuttle for you (and AT&T's 411 has the wrong #, so you have to call from a land line to get the right phone #).

Lacrosse Boy
02-23-2002, 11:58 AM
It said LAX, I got excited, someone has the sophistacation to play lacrosse. I am sorely disappointed. :D

Lost Boy
02-23-2002, 08:33 PM
When you get to the Airport take one of the FREE shuttles to the Green Line Metro Train. Take the Green Line ($1.35 per person) to the end of the line, Norwalk I-105/I-605) station. Walk up the flight of stairs to the first bus stop and get the MTA bus 460 to Disneyland. $1.35 basic faire + $1.00 for freeway driving (don't ask it is a necessary evil). The bus ends it run right at Harbor Blvd and the Main Entrance to Disneyland Resort. The only drawback to this is you would then have to walk all the way over to the hotel and it is quite a hike, especially if you have a lot of luggage.
There is a bus that runs directly from LAX to Disneyland. It is painted with all the Disney Characters all over the book and Disneyland printed in big letter on both sides and paintings of the castle. There is more than one and they run all the time. I don't know what the cost is, sorry.

coronamouseman
02-24-2002, 05:45 AM
When I was doing a lot of corporate travel out of LAX from my home in Orange County several years ago, I found Southern California Coach to be the most reliable (but not necessarily economical) shuttle from Orange County to LAX.

I believe the round trip fee from an Orange County location was $65 each way, which seems expensive except for: (1) additional passengers were only $10 or $15 from the same location and (2) the service was incredible - you pick up your bags at the airport and then you call them and then the shuttle arrives in about 10 minutes - you (and your party) are typically the only persons on the shuttle which means you go directly to your destination without stopping elsewhere. Not sure what happens if you are going from a local hotel to LAX but if more passengers are involved, you probably pay less.

Have never had anything but bad experiences with Super Shuttle or the other "walk-up" shuttles - you end up with 6-7 other people in the van and it seems like everybody is going to places 30 miles apart - came back at 10PM one night from Honolulu and wanted to get to Tustin and ended up being shuttled from West Covina to Long Beach to Garden Grove before arriving home at 1AM

RayChuang
02-24-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
There is a bus that runs directly from LAX to Disneyland. It is painted with all the Disney Characters all over the book and Disneyland printed in big letter on both sides and paintings of the castle. There is more than one and they run all the time. I don't know what the cost is, sorry.

That's exactly what I'm looking for! :D I'll have to find out how much it costs to ride that bus one-way, though.

SpaceMTJunkie
02-24-2002, 07:38 AM
www.airportbus.com

This is what I use everytime I go to Disneyland. It takes us right to the front door of the DL Hotel.