PDA

View Full Version : AAA multiple fastpass? [Enhanced FastPass (merged)]

SeansMom
08-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I just spent some time trying to book a trip through AAA, but in the end did NOT because, as far as I can tell, they are not offering the enhanced fastpass, at least online. Can anyone confirm this? Or did I just really miss something??? I was so looking forward to that feature :( .

Malcon10t
08-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Well, I just spent some time trying to book a trip through AAA, but in the end did NOT because, as far as I can tell, they are not offering the enhanced fastpass, at least online. Can anyone confirm this? Or did I just really miss something??? I was so looking forward to that feature :( .
According to the website they still have it. Remember, you have to book in at the on site properties to get this feature.

CrazyMouse
08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
According to the website they still have it. Remember, you have to book in at the on site properties to get this feature.

yup i just booked through AAA yesterday, you must stay on 1 of the 3 disney properties, paradise pier, disneyland hotel, or the grand californian hotel. Must also be 2 nights or more. have fun!

T&Rshep
08-24-2005, 04:19 PM
When I booked my trip I specifically asked if they still offered the enhanced fastpass because that was the only reason I booked through AAA. They still have it, they just don't publicize it. And yes, you do have to stay at one of the three Disney properties.

CrazyMouse
08-24-2005, 05:36 PM
When I booked my trip I specifically asked if they still offered the enhanced fastpass because that was the only reason I booked through AAA. They still have it, they just don't publicize it. And yes, you do have to stay at one of the three Disney properties.

yeah me too, I only go for the Enhanced Fastpasses.

montana
08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I was wondering if it is worth a couple hundred dollars difference in price to get the enhanced fastpasses? Also I will have to change motels in the middle of my trip. Any comments on the AAA multiple fastpasses would be appreciated.

MsYumiBr
08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
During crowded days with 90 minute waits, it is so worth it in my opinion. The fastpass feature is attached to the tickets so if you change hotels in the middle I don't know how they would be able to control the ticket after you already have it in hand. Only when you upgrade to an annual pass would you lose the feature because you have to give up your ticket. You must buy the tickets with the package and the package must include a stay (2 days min) at a resort hotel. I know the AAA packages are being sold until January. After that I am not sure what they are offering.

yeartolate
08-25-2005, 04:56 AM
I do not regret doing the AAA package this Summer. It was crazy crowded and it clearly improved our trip by leaps and bounds. I probably would not do the package if I anticipated less crazy crowds.

ima_mickeyfan
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM
yeah me too, I only go for the Enhanced Fastpasses.

what is an enhanced fastpass???

dlandfan
08-25-2005, 07:57 AM

I just happened to pick up the current AAA Disneyland travel brochure at their office here in Salt Lake a couple days ago. The enhanced fastpass feature and how to get it is well publicized throughout.

montana
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I do not regret doing the AAA package this Summer. It was crazy crowded and it clearly improved our trip by leaps and bounds. I probably would not do the package if I anticipated less crazy crowds.
Thanks for the response. We are going the first week in Nov. but DL hotel is sold out for one night(that's why I'm changing from the Pier to DL in the middle of the trip) and the GCH and Pier only have suite rooms available. So am I wrong in thinking the crowds at DL might be big? Sorry, one more question. What is the exact diference with the AAA fastpass? I heard two different things. One is you get 3 fastpasses at a time. The other is you get one fast pass for each fast pass ride at a time. Thanks again for your help.

cosmicjive
08-25-2005, 08:38 AM
nevermind

MsYumiBr
08-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Technically you are correct both ways. When we used them, we managed to have 5 fastpasses at the same time. One for Space, indy, big thunder, splash and Astro Blasters. You could technically get Roger Rabbit's too but we did not step foot in Toon Town. When the time on the fastpass came to go on the ride, we got another fastpass first. We did this twice before becoming exhausted. Younger guests can do this probably 5 or 6 times. :p

HydroGuy
08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I was wondering if it is worth a couple hundred dollars difference in price to get the enhanced fastpasses? Also I will have to change motels in the middle of my trip. Any comments on the AAA multiple fastpasses would be appreciated.We went to DLR for four days in early August. We stayed at a good neighbor. We have never used Enhanced FastPass (EFP). I am not going to argue against EFP here so much as present some information on why one might not want to get EFP.

If money is no object for you, then go ahead and get EFP. In general, DLR hotels cost more, so for a fixed amount of money you can spend more days at DLR with a good neighbor hotel than you can at a DLR hotel (with EFP). So the comparison is between more days without EFP, or less days with it. I think having a whole extra day at DLR is worth more than EFP and one less day.

In addition, I am not sure EFP offers as much as most people think as compared to regular FP. As described in my FP treatise (see http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=705449#post705449 ), you can get a lot out of regular FPs if you try. We always had FPs we did not use, and I could have collected a lot more than I did if I tried harder. I mean, how many times in one day can you ride an Indy, Splash or SM? If you want to ride only these three all day long, then EFP will make that possible. But if you want to ride each one once or twice each day, you can do that with regular FP.

In summary, if I had more money that I knew what to do with, I would stay a DLR hotel and get the EFP. Otherwise, IMHO, it is not worth the extra cost (unless you are already planning to stay at a DLR hotel). The benefit is incremental. Especially if you use all of the FP tricks.

Crazy4DL
08-25-2005, 02:33 PM
In summary, if I had more money that I knew what to do with, I would stay a DLR hotel and get the EFP. Otherwise, IMHO, it is not worth the extra cost (unless you are already planning to stay at a DLR hotel). The benefit is incremental. Especially if you use all of the FP tricks.

We just got home last Sunday from 8 days and I agree with you HydroGuy.

Also I wanted to tell you that I was really glad I had read your great report - and Darkbeer's. It helped in the process of when to get fastpasses.

I still think I should have hired you as our runner/tour guide! :D

HydroGuy
08-25-2005, 03:14 PM
We just got home last Sunday from 8 days and I agree with you HydroGuy.

Also I wanted to tell you that I was really glad I had read your great report - and Darkbeer's. It helped in the process of when to get fastpasses.

I still think I should have hired you as our runner/tour guide! :DGlad my info helped and that you had a good time. :D I will let you know when I start my personalized DLR tour service! ;)

NVMulan
08-25-2005, 03:25 PM
What is the enhanced fastpass?

Darkbeer
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
What is the enhanced fastpass?

Let me quote myself, from my FASTPASS guide...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43193

So, how do you get the "Enhanced FASTPASS" option?

Well, currently there is only ONE way to get this special benefit...

You must buy an AAA Travel Hotel/Admission package. They have the "Exclusive" on the Enhanced FASTPASS feature. Thats right, you cannot get this feature if you buy directly from the Walt Disney Travel Company (even though the AAA packages are basically an WDTC package with an "AAA" label.)

First, you must buy Hotel and Admission from AAA Travel. Of course, they would love to sell you Air or other transportation, rental car, meal packages, etc... but those are extras and not required.

Second, you MUST stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels; Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier.

These packages can be much more expensive than a Good Neighbor Hotel (aka non-Disney), so the question is, is it worth the extra money, especially if you know how the "regular" system works.... Only you can answer that....

Some folks get a split package, in which they stay at the Disney owned hotel for a couple of days, and the rest of the trip at a Good Neighbor Hotel, but get one ParkHopper good for the entire trip. These ParkHoppers have the Enhanced feature that is good for the entire trip

So, you become an "Enhanced" user by buying a special vacation package from AAA.

montana
08-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Let me quote myself, from my FASTPASS guide...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43193
Thanks for all of the info.

montana
08-25-2005, 07:40 PM
We went to DLR for four days in early August. We stayed at a good neighbor. We have never used Enhanced FastPass (EFP). I am not going to argue against EFP here so much as present some information on why one might not want to get EFP.

If money is no object for you, then go ahead and get EFP. In general, DLR hotels cost more, so for a fixed amount of money you can spend more days at DLR with a good neighbor hotel than you can at a DLR hotel (with EFP). So the comparison is between more days without EFP, or less days with it. I think having a whole extra day at DLR is worth more than EFP and one less day.

In addition, I am not sure EFP offers as much as most people think as compared to regular FP. As described in my FP treatise (see http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=705449#post705449 ), you can get a lot out of regular FPs if you try. We always had FPs we did not use, and I could have collected a lot more than I did if I tried harder. I mean, how many times in one day can you ride an Indy, Splash or SM? If you want to ride only these three all day long, then EFP will make that possible. But if you want to ride each one once or twice each day, you can do that with regular FP.

Thanks for the help.

MsYumiBr
08-25-2005, 10:50 PM
I would like to add this bit of information. My family tends to be incapable of getting to the park before opening. Therefore, by the time we get there and get a fastpass, it will give us at least a 10:00 time. If we didn't have the AAA fastpass, we would not be able to get another one until after 10:00. That being said, we have to choose wisely at that point because fastpasses run out around 1 or 2 and definitely by 3 on a busy day. So, we get one in the morning without the AAA advantage, 1 after we ride that one which puts us to about 3 and hope they have any left at that point, which is usually big thunder. So, because I hate standing in lines for hours (my feet won't take it anymore), we get to go on 2 big rides, maybe 3 if we are lucky. The rest of the time is spent waiting in lines for pirates, haunted mansion and whatever non-fastpass ride we are willing to wait an hour for. I still think the AAA fastpass is worth it on a busy summer day or holiday. Otherwise, I would not do it and go off season when the park closes early, no fireworks, has half the rides closed and get soaked in the rain. We could get on any ride that is not being refurbished with little or no wait. Every ride is a walk on. Just remember to bring your rain boots because Indy floods as you try to exit next to Jungle Cruise. It's still a good time, just not the same.

HydroGuy
08-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I would like to add this bit of information. My family tends to be incapable of getting to the park before opening. Therefore, by the time we get there and get a fastpass, it will give us at least a 10:00 time. If we didn't have the AAA fastpass, we would not be able to get another one until after 10:00. That being said, we have to choose wisely at that point because fastpasses run out around 1 or 2 and definitely by 3 on a busy day. So, we get one in the morning without the AAA advantage, 1 after we ride that one which puts us to about 3 and hope they have any left at that point, which is usually big thunder. So, because I hate standing in lines for hours (my feet won't take it anymore), we get to go on 2 big rides, maybe 3 if we are lucky. The rest of the time is spent waiting in lines for pirates, haunted mansion and whatever non-fastpass ride we are willing to wait an hour for. I still think the AAA fastpass is worth it on a busy summer day or holiday. Otherwise, I would not do it and go off season when the park closes early, no fireworks, has half the rides closed and get soaked in the rain. We could get on any ride that is not being refurbished with little or no wait. Every ride is a walk on. Just remember to bring your rain boots because Indy floods as you try to exit next to Jungle Cruise. It's still a good time, just not the same.I would agree that one concrete benefit of EFP is that you can get to DLR late (even at noon) and still get FPs for all the rides. If you get to DLR closer to opening, the EFP benefit is much less.