PDA

View Full Version : Homewood Suites Garden Grove

msgmg68
08-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I'm looking for recent info and the review is from 2003.

I have a reservation to stay there Thanksgiving week and am hoping for positive reviews! If not, it is early enough to change my reservations! :)

I appreciate it! Thanks!

Rteneyck
08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
have you tried tripadvisor.com? They have pretty good information and reviews. They are also usually up to date.

ILovePoker
08-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I'm looking for recent info and the review is from 2003.

I have a reservation to stay there Thanksgiving week and am hoping for positive reviews! If not, it is early enough to change my reservations! :)

I appreciate it! Thanks!

I stayed there in February. It is a very nice, clean and large hotel. The rooms include a large refrigerator, microwave, stove, large bathroom, large bedroom, nice modern kitchenette, a futon, 2 cable TV's. It felt almost like a miniature apartment. Plus, there was a free hot continental breakfast, including scrambled eggs and sausages, with unlimited juice. Plus from Monday to Thursday there is a free dinner featuring different items per day, with unlimited pop. The lobby is very nice and open with many tables and a large TV. I would definitely stay there again. The distance from the rooms to the lobby isn't far and there are alternate entrances as well. You also get more bang for your buck in this hotel because it's much larger than the rooms at the Disneyland resort hotels and cheaper. We got our room for $93.00 a night. One small thing is that it would be a very long hike to Disneyland if you walk. The drive to the resort is no more than 5-7 minutes.

Another plus is the large refrigerator because there is a Target right across the street where you can get bottled water and store it until you go to Disneyland or anywhere else. I would definitely stay there again, it's one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at.

Definitely a great hotel.

JosieGirl71
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I think I Heart Disneyland has stayed there and she loves it!

Drince88
08-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I haven't stayed at this one, but every Homewood Suites I've stayed at for work in other places have been FANTASTIC. Most (if not all of them) also have beer and wine during the 'light dinner'.

Mermaid
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
I stayed there in February. It is a very nice, clean and large hotel...Definitely a great hotel. I have stayed there and second this review. I really liked it and would reccomend it. It is not anywhere close to walking distance so plan to drive or take a shuttle to the park!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes, I love this hotel too! We've stayed there 3 times, and going to stay there again in October. The room is really large, and the price we got for Oct. is only $119 a night. There's a full size fridge, a stovetop, dishes, silverware, etc. It's a great deal, and they have a bus that drops you right at the entrance to DL. (A short walk to the gates.)

msgmg68
08-25-2005, 05:45 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I really appreciate your input. I feel very good about booking that hotel!

We figured that we would have to take ART (they no longer offer a shuttle, I'm told) to DL, but that is OK. My kids will appreciate the ride back!

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my post. :D

msgmg68
08-25-2005, 05:47 AM
I am so happy to hear about the Target across the street! That will come in handy, like you said, for water and snacks too!
Another plus is the large refrigerator because there is a Target right across the street where you can get bottled water and store it until you go to Disneyland or anywhere else. I would definitely stay there again, it's one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at.

stan4d_steph
08-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Those who have stayed here recently and posted above, please consider submitting a review to the MousePlanet Review system (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrhomewoodsuitesbyhilton) so that we can have more recent reviews. Thank you! :)