PDA

View Full Version : AP Design

DisneylandBoy
02-21-2002, 07:56 PM
Don't they change the design on the front of the APs every year? Is it going to change soon, or our we stuck with the current dsign . . . FOREVER! AH!

MonorailMan
02-21-2002, 08:22 PM
I know, it doesn't look the best, but hey it gets you in, and thats all that counts. :)

MonorailMan
02-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Also, I like how it has the monorail on it ;)

Napsto
02-21-2002, 08:35 PM
yea they need to mix it up alittle.

it would be cool if they could put all of the resorts mountains on a card. that would be tight.

Nigel2
02-21-2002, 09:50 PM
For the last few years it has been off and on yearly change. When it was 40 they had a photo of the indy ride and stuff on the back, then it was tommorowland's change, then 2 years of that one where it was mickey painting, and this one I believe.

DisneylandKid
02-22-2002, 05:55 AM
Though I kinda like the designs of the current AP (resort logo), I do wish they would change it before I buy my next pass... just for a change. Ya--the 5 resort mountains would be cool.

Corndog Barbie
02-22-2002, 01:05 PM
I'm getting an AP in March. I'm tired of sneaking in in the Little Red Wagon, especially when it's in rehab.

CD Barbie

Nigel2
02-22-2002, 09:21 PM
I think they will probably do the new AP design next year (they repeated the previous design when they were waiting for DCA to open) but here are the 4 previous designs...

Indy
A rendering of Walt walking through the enterance to fantasyland
Tomorroland rocket jets(I almost thought it was astro jets) /Astro orbiter
The mickey drawing walt
and this one now.

Anyone else having the problem with the purple foil rubbing off? Must be from overuse.:D
Who knows, they might have a new one in a month.

Also I wonder why they don't do the "free gift" with AP purchase anymore (then again they gave away free tickets...)

Techie7
02-23-2002, 04:17 PM
I had the foil rub off of my AP too. I fixed that though when I got my two park pass. I would like to see a new design though. This one was nice for the launch of the new park. It needs to go to something interesting again though.

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 09:29 PM
I just thought that my started to wear off from overuse and when it got a little wet when we went to WDW. (I didn't realize that I had it in my wallet until we were in Arizona waiting for the next plane.:) )

disneynut
02-23-2002, 10:46 PM
My husband had the stuff rub off on his too. But now we have brand spanking new passes that have never been used. About time to break them in is what I'm thinkin'.

I wish they would have changed the design on them though. They seem sort of bland compared to some of the last ones. But they get us in and I suppose that is all that matters. ;)

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 10:50 PM
Well it was their brand spanking new logo, might as well put it to good use.:) The also probably don't want it to be dominated by one park.

Hmmm have the only attractions that have been photographicaly present on the APs been Indy and RJ/AO. All the rest were drawn or not of an attraction.

bluepearl
02-24-2002, 12:01 AM
Hey, Techie7, you're from Riverside, too? Well, I'm there for most of the year (the academic months). On average, how long does it take for you to get from the IE to DLR?

I got a new card when I upgraded my AP back in November, and the purple stuff wore off just a few days later. I was wondering if it would've made a difference if the letters were engraved somehow. I'm trying to think of an example, but I can't come up with anything. But if they were to change the AP design, I would honestly want something colorful (but not tacky!), or a picture of Walt walking through the castle.

However, I may not renew my AP when May/June rolls around, since I have my CM ID. But if it turns out that I can't get into the park on certain days with my ID, I'm going to re-purchase an AP (I prefer using that anyway).

Nigel2
02-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Oh you mean the 97-98 one, that is a nice one. Odds are if they put the foil on first then put a mircolayer of clear plastic on then it wouldn't have rubbed off. But this is also the first time (and probably the last) they use a foil thing on top, all the other years were part of the picture.

Techie7
02-24-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
Hey, Techie7, you're from Riverside, too? Well, I'm there for most of the year (the academic months). On average, how long does it take for you to get from the IE to DLR?

I am from up north in the central valley but am in Riverside for school. It takes me about 45 min on average as long as I don't try and go during rush hour. Then it can expand to and hour and a half to, two hours. Do you go to school over here as well? I have been thinking about getting a job at the parks but have been worried about lots of driving. (Not that I don't drive there a lot anyways.)

bluepearl
02-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
I am from up north in the central valley but am in Riverside for school. It takes me about 45 min on average as long as I don't try and go during rush hour. Then it can expand to and hour and a half to, two hours. Do you go to school over here as well? I have been thinking about getting a job at the parks but have been worried about lots of driving. (Not that I don't drive there a lot anyways.)

It takes me about the same time to get there. Most of the time, though, I pick up a friend in Ontario on the way there, so we carpool to Disneyland. I'll PM you about the other stuff!