PDA

View Full Version : Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

Darkbeer
08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, with the November and December hours of operation now released, it is clear that DCA will not host the Christmas Parade or other traditional Disneyland events with its normal 6 PM closing on weekdays.

So it will be interesting to see how they schedule the parades at DL for the Christmas season.... AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).

pisces
08-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe they are waiting for feedback.

What is the email address to send petitions and demand Christmas?

olegc
08-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I guess that also means that the parade route - and main street especially - could be heavily crowded with folks staking out spots for parades all day. COuld that also mean that main street vehicles might not run as often? I always like to hear the sleigh bells on the Horse Drawn Carriage...

It will be interesting indeed - and I can see Al, JHM, and even our own curmudgeon Alex Stroup commenting :p

Mox
08-24-2005, 11:58 AM
When MSEP was still in Disneyland, it was normal for them to run 4 parades during the summer, so it's not like they've never done it before. It would be cool if they could stagger them so that there was one of each during the day and then one of each at night, but I'm sure there's no way they could fit all the floats from both parades behind the Opera House.

-Mox

Wendi
08-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Wow, that's gonna be a busy park!

truesally
08-24-2005, 08:01 PM
What is the email address to send petitions and demand Christmas?

I love this quote on so many levels - I want to know where I go to demand Christmas also! :D And the implication that Disneyland is in control of Christmas is funny & sad all at once.

"Maybe Christmas...doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...menas a little bit more!" (Thanks, Dr Seuss)

I'm preparing to be delighted, no matter what (But I'd still enjoy being in on the petitions to demand the holiday goods, for kicks) ;)

Disney Village
08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Can you imagine how crazy a December weekend day will be with (possibly) 4 parades, Fantasmic and a fireworks show? Throw in all the other Christmas festivities (and the Candlelight Processional one of the weekends) plus the regular entertainment shows and extras and you have one heck of a busy day...there will hardly be anytime for rides!

MeelaneMouse
08-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Hooray!!! I was so bummed out thinking that the Christmas parade was going to be over in DCA. I was already trying to think where I would sit to be away from the "California Surfin" music while I waited for the parade. Whew, all is well now. I can buy my handmade candy cane and relax!!! :D

TP2000
08-24-2005, 09:00 PM
DCA will be very, um, quiet this Christmas season. Will they try another cornball "California Christmas" thing like the sand castles or the Christmas tree with the fake ice skating that no one was allowed to do again?

If DCA already is having attendance problems during a very busy summer, just wait until this winter when they don't have the Electrical Parade to at least draw some people over.

olegc
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
DCA will be very, um, quiet this Christmas season. Will they try another cornball "California Christmas" thing like the sand castles or the Christmas tree with the fake ice skating that no one was allowed to do again?

If DCA already is having attendance problems during a very busy summer, just wait until this winter when they don't have the Electrical Parade to at least draw some people over.

how about " O' Christmas TOWER OF TERROR Tree, O'"...

CrazyMouse
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
will Fantasmic run when i'm at Disneyland the 23-25 of December? thanks!

sancho
08-24-2005, 11:31 PM
i think that fantasmic is a go for the busy holiday season. we are looking forward to seeing it during our trip.

cstephens
08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Can you imagine how crazy a December weekend day will be with (possibly) 4 parades, Fantasmic and a fireworks show? Throw in all the other Christmas festivities (and the Candlelight Processional one of the weekends) plus the regular entertainment shows and extras and you have one heck of a busy day...there will hardly be anytime for rides!

Yeah, isn't it a shame how Disneyland is just so totally ignoring Christmas this year?