PDA

View Full Version : Drawn to Animation Change out?

kimc0486
08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
I will be in DL/DCA Sept 12th-19th, and I noticed today on the calendar that it says under refurbishment closures that Drawn to animation change out is listed. What does this mean exactly? Will the entire building be closed, I somehow have always missed this on my trips and was looking forward to it. Or am I mistaken and this is a different thing?? Thanks.

Wendi
08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought that was where Turtle Talk with Crush was going... I dunno. It's not the entire Animation Building, just one of the sections.

HorizonsA
08-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I think the Drawn to Animation Theatre is being changed. No more getting to see how Disney creates characters. The Screening Room now houses Turtle Talk, which previously housed the One Man's Dream presentation. The last time I visited the Disney Animation Pavilion, The Art of Animation Gallery was closed. I don't know if it is still closed.

mykidsrctmh
08-24-2005, 08:22 PM
A few weeks ago my kids were told by a CM who does something with ride development at DCA that Drawn to Animation is being replaced with an Animation Academy (not sure if that is the real name of it or not). It will be an audience participation thing where you will get a chance to learn how to draw characters. I didn't even think to ask about a timeline for when it is coming.

Pretty smart though, when we took the Learn to Draw Mickey class at the Grand Californian, the next thing my kids had to do was buy all the How To Draw ... books! If this is done similar to that Learn to Draw Mickey class, it will be very fun.

Turtle Talk actually took the space that used to show the movie about Walt DIsney.

Disneyfun
08-24-2005, 09:20 PM
The princessess and there big back drop book took the place of the hall area of the Walt show for a while. It then was moved over to were the Cells are I guess that is the Art of Animation. I like the idea of the how to draw thing. They have had the kits in the gift shop for like two years. I would love to see it be that I hope you are right! I will have to find out this weekend. Ask around and see what I can find out.

tom522
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
its going to be animation academy.