PDA

View Full Version : Storybookland Strategy

Werner
08-24-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm going to Disneyland on Friday! I feel like it's been forever. Looking forward to seeing the Park in all it's new, Ouitmetized glory! Anyway, I'm wondering about something -- I love Storybookland, especially at twilight. But I remember that before, I've been unable to go at that time because of a parade closing down the attraction temporarily. Well on Friday, the Parade of Dreams starts at 7pm from Main St. And since the sun sets at 7:25pm, I want to be on SL sometime between then and say 8:00pm. I'm wondering how that would work -- first of all would POD be past SL by then, and would SL reopen immediately thereafter? Thanks!

Niwel
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
They close SBL about 30 minutes before the parade in order to clear the line. As soon as the parade passes that point you should be OK.... If you really want to see it (and your timing is off) you can always hop on Casey (which is very cool at night, too).

DisneyDustin22
08-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I would make sure you hang around the area to the entrance since they will start forming a line to enter the attraction before they actually open the que line. This past sunday we watched the parade from Small World and after the last float passed, there was already a line in the street for Storybook.

Susan L
08-24-2005, 01:00 PM
This has nothing to do with the parade time frame but, it is a story about the SBL canal boats.

Back in 2001 Christmas time, my daughter and I boarded the SBL canal boats. Well we waited for a few minutes and then asked the CM why we were not moving. He told us the fireworks were going to start soon. What a awsome veiw of the fireworks show we had, it was great. As we sat there on the boats the line for the canal boats grew more and more towards the end of the fireworks show there was a very long line.

Werner
08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! Hmm fireworks from the boats sounds very cool also!

cosmicjive
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! Hmm fireworks from the boats sounds very cool also!

It would probably not be as effective with the current fireworks show -- most of the fireworks show happens around the central plaza, with only a little happening above It's a Small World. It isn't like it used to be. Very little is visible from Fantasyland.

-Jeff "etumor"