PDA

View Full Version : Help plan honeymoon, please!

Raven
08-24-2005, 08:57 AM
My fiance and I will be there in December. We arrive on Wed. Dec. 7th and leave Sun. Dec. 11. We are staying at the GC and are trying to fit a whole bunch of things in on this trip. We have EE and would like to find out the best day to go in addition to us wanting to watch Fantasmik, go on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour, go on the 50th tour and get priority seating to see the fireworks, lunch at BB and that is pretty much it. Thank you guys so much for all of your help! This site is great, I have learned so much!

hlbtimes2
08-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I would do EE on Thrusday. Its always good to get it out of the way early in the trip, while you still have the engery to get up that early. And your option would be Saturday, which is usually earlier and I would guess busier.

50th Tour and fireworks on Friday. That way if they are canceled because of weather, you can try again on Saturday. You wouldnt have the reserved seating, but it would still give you a second chance.

Walk in Walts and F! on Saturday

Lunch at BB on Sunday (11:30 for a waterside table) as a nice final day in the park. If you are leaving before lunch on Sunday I would do the BB on Thursday. After doing EE and lunch at BB you could go back to the hotel for a rest. Then hit the park again in the evening.

kisroo
08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
If you want to make sure to see Fantasmic~~I would definately make ressies for the balcony seating for Fantasmic dessert buffet. It's a bit spendy, but worth it, in my opinion. And, it's very romantic.

I would also recommend doing lunch at BB the same day you do EE. You will have done more rides and will be ready for a relaxing sit-down lunch. If you don't do it on the EE day, I would do it any other day than your Fantasmic dessert buffet day~~you'll want to "eat light" so you can enjoy the desserts! ;)

Can't give advice on the tours as I've never done one, but might I suggest setting Sat aside for your DCA day? DL tends to be busier on Sats and I think the crowds are easier to deal with at DCA. If you are staying at the GCH, you can get in earlier and ride Soarin' I think.

Congrats and have a romantic trip!!

~kisroo:)

08-24-2005, 10:52 AM
I would also recommend doing lunch at BB the same day you do EE. You will have done more rides and will be ready for a relaxing sit-down lunch.

I agree.

While there's no guarantee of a waterside table, if you make reservations for 11:30 and arrive no later than 11:15 to check in, your chances are good.

What a wonderful place for a honeymoon!

kirstie_29
08-24-2005, 11:27 AM
When you make your reservations, let them know it's your honeymoon and they will probably accommodate you with a table by the water.

Raven
08-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks everybody for the wonderful ideas! I'm starting to get really excited now...:)