PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: rope drop

ima_mickeyfan
08-24-2005, 07:30 AM
I have never seen a "rope" drop at disneyland, all I have ever done, is enter the park via monirail and the front gates....where is this rope drop and why do people run to it? but then again I have never been in front of the line at the gates either... :confused:

Hakuna Makarla
08-24-2005, 08:03 AM
I saw my first rope drop the first time I went to disneyland last year. the gates open, and everyone heads down main street. Some get cofee etc, some like us stand in front of the rope and a cm stands there and when its the time to drop the rope she steps back, and when we were there she asked that no one run but walk so no one gets hurt. Also that when the rope drops everyone wait until they gather up the rope so no one trips.Then they drop the rope gather it up and people go like mad to the rides of ther choice. It is just to give people a fair chance to get on early morning rides before the crowds get to bad. when we were there there was already thousands behind me LOL! we got to the gate 1 hour early and sat in the front gate, but when we got into the park people rushed past me. I was confused as I did not know what was going on but then I got up to the place where the rope was and saw all these people standing there. I heard people making plans to run for indy, some for splash, some fantasyland, so they are there early to insure getting a ride before crowds come and you have to stand in line longer.

hlbtimes2
08-24-2005, 08:06 AM
It takes place on mornings with out early entry (Friday, Sunday, Wednesday). Its at the end of main street. People are allowed in the gates prior to the attractions opening. They can shop on main street, but cant get into the rest of the park, until "opening". At opening they drop the rope at the end of main street, "opening" the park to guests.

EvanRude
08-24-2005, 08:27 AM
What do they do on EE days.

ima_mickeyfan
08-24-2005, 08:28 AM
I saw my first rope drop the first time I went to disneyland last year. ic :D

Mark Mywords
08-24-2005, 10:15 AM
It's worth experiencing at least once.

There's also a "Fanfare" that plays over the PA before they drop the rope, welcoming you into the park. It's a grand way to start your day at Disneyland.

Mommy2NicknMax
08-24-2005, 10:27 AM
It's worth experiencing at least once.

There's also a "Fanfare" that plays over the PA before they drop the rope, welcoming you into the park. It's a grand way to start your day at Disneyland.
This is especially cool at Christmas time. Last year they played "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" as we walked in. It was very nice!

Disneyfun
08-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Okay A few replys to above. The rope drop is done on early entry days. There is just a special entrance for the early entry people at the end of main street.

As for the song they are plaing the welcome to our family time . . . Form the parade it is lots of fun!

I went to two rope drops on the same day. Fist Disnay land. THe picked a fimaly to open disney and then there was an announcement and you were let in the front gaste were you could watch the band and Alice and her gang or head down main street to the rope. Like I said people with early entry got to go through by coke corner every one else shopped or waited on the rope. There is announcement and then the music starts and you can start walking. It is a real nice feeling.

From that rope drop I sat on a bench people watched while I enjoyed the song. THen I turned around headed back out and over to DCA. There When they opened the gates No fan fare there. I headed to the Back lot where there was a rope. (Soaring was open for thoses who wanted to go on)
I sat and talked to the security guy at the rope at BAck lot. Then right before opening the Employess form Tower came down and the formed a human rope and after the announcement they slowly walked everyone to Tower. That was very cool.

So rope drops are a great way to start the day with a magical feeling!!!

SilverStyle
08-24-2005, 06:18 PM
We always have the 1st family for the tower opening. Its a magical memory, which the first family is the 1st check in for the day.

Disneyfun
08-24-2005, 09:23 PM
We always have the 1st family for the tower opening. Its a magical memory, which the first family is the 1st check in for the day.
Did not do that the day I was there. I was the first one there and they just walked us back!and I got on!

stan4d_steph
08-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Here's another recent thread on rope drop (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43009&highlight=rope+drop).