PDA

View Full Version : Club Buzz 80's

Swhite
08-24-2005, 04:56 AM
I was checking the Disneyland Calendar for when we will be at Dland and it shows Club Buzz 80's all stars. What is this? Is it a show, and is it worth planning to see? (I do love the 80's!)

Thank you for any info!

blewellen
08-24-2005, 05:08 AM
They are a band that covers 80's songs. They are fun to watch. I will be there!

Brenda

kinglouie1967
08-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Some fabulous music was composed in the 1880s: Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" (took him a few decades to put together, I guess); Verdi's "Otello"; and Gilbert & Sullivan's "Pirates of Penzance" (on which "Pirates of the Caribbean is based) and "The Mikado" (which was the inspiration for "Mulan.") Must be a great show!

vmjess
08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Probably more like Duran Duran, Rick Springfield and The Go Go's!! I will have to catch this show- If I close my eyes I will feel like I am back at grad night 20 years ago!!

bljfour
08-24-2005, 07:45 AM
I love it when the 80's All Stars are playing. They are great! Nothing beats the sweet, sweet sounds of 80's pop/rock. The band has a website that lists the covers they do, if you are interested in seeing their playlist.

kirstie_29
08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
The 80z All Stars are great. They put on an awesome show. I was disappointed they weren't playing last weekend when I was there.

DisneyDustin22
08-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I have made many a trip just to see the 80's All Starz. Complete in zubaz and all! :cool:

nursemelis374
08-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Anybody know when they are playing next? I adore 80's cover bands.

M-80s RIP.

Saddlesore Swanson
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I just want to acknowledge the great 80s band at DL for reminding me of this great INXS track "Don't Change" ... which i probably haven't heard since Richard Blade and Poorman were on KROQ! Thanks!

Disneyfreak
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
You guys do realize they are packing that area with people when they play? It actually is overflowing outside of the area where club buzz is like it used to in the 80's. If only we can get all of tomorrowland's people dancing again.

DisneyDustin22
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I can remember being at Disneyland as a kid with my family and seeing all these people having such an awesome time dancing and just enjoying the night to a live band right there in Tomorrowland. I can remember thinking to myself I couldn't wait until I was old enough to come back on my own and be a part of that. For a while the atmospere wasnt nearly what it could have been but the past few months, I have noticed the popularity of Tomorrowland in the evenings, especially on Friday's and Saturday's is rockin!

potzbie
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I like 80z All Stars.
The group is a 3-piece group plus singer (total 4).
They wear curious clothes that remind one of the 1980s.
e.g., the bass player wears a DEVO-style (stacked pyramid) hat.
e.g., the guitar player wears a blonde Afro-style wig (big, big, big wig).
They don't just play and smile, like countless cover bands, but they jump and move with the classic (?) rock-star moves.

The DO have a web site, so you might as well visit them and see for yourself.

Of the various bands that play Club Buzz, I give a Big Thumbs UP for 80z All Stars.

Regarding other acts that play Club Buzz, in a class by themselves, no surprise, are the acts:
• SCOTT BRUCE AND A TRIBUTE TO ELVIS
• FAB FOUR

Also, check out VOYAGER, for another cover band that is one of the better bands.
I remember also the bands: THE ANTIX; THE BASIX; BROOKE WILKES; SANDBOX.

I have an Annual Pass.
When I go to DL, I have two purposes:
Check out the BIG BAND swing music at the Plaza Gardens, and check out the rock band at Club Buzz.

At DCA, I check out the bands at the Pacific Wharf area.
That is where I first saw Scott Bruce (a Tribute to Elvis).
They are not having any bands at Pacific Wharf right now.
Why not? I don't know.
Summer, you would think, would be the perfect time for booking a band for the Pacific Wharf.

ksejr1
08-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I love going to see the 80'z all stars, they are so much fun. they dress up all crazy

BigAlH
08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm fine with 80's music and all, but the group I heard back in July did NOT impress me at all.

I guess I'm picky and want the songs (specifically singing) to sound pretty dog gone close to the originals. The band I heard (probably around 7/20 or so) didn't exactly cut it IMO.

kirstie_29
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Anybody know when they are playing next? I adore 80's cover bands.

M-80s RIP.
I think they are at DL over Labor Day weekend, 9/2-9/5