PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions... Nov Trip

losaitkens
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Alright- I am, starting to realize that my trip on Nov 6-8th may not have as much holiday magic as I had hoped. Usually the IASW overlay is completed by this time but the schedule indicates this is not the case this year and I am thinking that because of all the momentum surrounding the 50th, some of the holiday decor around the park will also be delayed. My question is this: For those of you regular holiday visitors, will moving my trip up to Nov 13-15th really make a difference (ie is it worth changing hotel reservations/ time off requests)? What are the chances of them doing fireworks on that Sunday, November 13th, as it is veteran's day weekend? Also we are staying at the GCH for the 1st time. Does anyone know how soon their holiday decor goes up? I know rushing christmas is an unpopular topic for some but my dh is in retail and getting time off after Thanksgiving/ black Friday is unthinkable so it is eary Nov or nothing for us! Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer!

Nicole

HydroGuy
08-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know when the IASW overlay is in fact completed? And do they take IASW down while they work on it?

cirquelover
08-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I know that when we went last year the first week in Nov all the holiday decorations were up and the ride overlays were complete.

We will be going the same time as you this year and I know the Haunted Mansion will be done by then according to the schedule.

I love the holiday treats that are onlly around for the holidays but I hate the crowds. That is why we go the first of Nov.

DisneyMa
08-24-2005, 04:51 PM
I believe IASW overlay is from Oct. 24 - Nov. 11 th (sorry, your going to miss that by a couple of days) My two year old daughter loves this ride. We will be there Oct. 22 to the 26. We will have to be sure to ride it a few times the first two days before it's closed. Then we are going back Dec. 4 th - Dec. 8 th. We have never been during holidays so we are looking forward to riding it several times with the "Holiday Dress Up" I can't wait to see her face light up. LOVE IT :) We always stay at GCH, It's a beautiful hotel. However, I'm not sure when the "magic" goes up at the hotel. You'll love it though, Have a Great Time!

losaitkens
08-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I know that when we went last year the first week in Nov all the holiday decorations were up and the ride overlays were complete.

We will be going the same time as you this year and I know the Haunted Mansion will be done by then according to the schedule.

I love the holiday treats that are onlly around for the holidays but I hate the crowds. That is why we go the first of Nov.

I am with you. I love the holiday stuff but was there once on Thanksgiving weekend and the crowds were tough. I prefer The Haunted Mansion overlay to IASW but do like it when IASW is all lit up at night. Thanks for your help. Everyone seems to indicate that holiday decor is mostly up by the first weekend in Nov but I am still considering moving my trip forward one week as the Nov hours that were released indicated that Disneyland will stay open an hour longer (11 PM) on Sundays starting 11/13 and I am holding on to hope that it might mean a fireworks show on Sunday night for the holiday season.

losaitkens
08-25-2005, 06:04 AM
We always stay at GCH, It's a beautiful hotel. However, I'm not sure when the "magic" goes up at the hotel. You'll love it though, Have a Great Time!

Thanks! I am really looking forward to our stay here. I have a baby and we have done Disneyland three times with her so far and each time I always wish we were at GCH so I could easily slip away and give her a break from the crowds/ activity. Enjoy your future trips!

cwhit45
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know when the IASW overlay is in fact completed? And do they take IASW down while they work on it?

According to the Disneyland website it IASW closes for the holiday install on the 24th of October and opens back up on the 11th of November.

HydroGuy
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
According to the Disneyland website it IASW closes for the holiday install on the 24th of October and opens back up on the 11th of November.I couldn't find this on their website. Where is it?

cwhit45
08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
I couldn't find this on their website. Where is it?
I checked the Disneyland Calendar page and just looked day by day.

HydroGuy
08-26-2005, 02:02 PM
I checked the Disneyland Calendar page and just looked day by day.Tricky, tricky. Good tip.

hippiemama
08-27-2005, 09:28 PM
ugh. that means it'll be closed when we're there :(
ah poop

TowerofTerror
08-27-2005, 10:14 PM
well keep checking maybe it will be open before you leave