PDA

View Full Version : Best tower/floor at DLH?

richas
08-23-2005, 01:19 PM
I tried a search for the best tower or floor to stay in at Disney Hotel and nothing came up. We would like a quiet location with a view, if possible. No kiddies this time, just my fellow Mommie and myself! Anyone have any ideas?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Marina if you want a view of the Peter Pan Pool, Bonita facing the courtyard if you want the waterfalls, the Sierra with a view of DTD is my fav

I would say 6th floor or higher.

Mark Mywords
08-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I second the Sierra tower on the DTD side. We like quiet, but prefer lower floors. The rooms are very well insulated and keep out even the loudest band playing over by ESPN :)

SpaceMTJunkie
08-23-2005, 03:48 PM
The Sierra tower has bigger bathrooms, the best at the DLH. The room also has a sofa that can be used as an extra bed that is very comfy. As far as view? We prefer the pool view. DTD view is cool also cuz you can see the fireworks and watch the parks.

Minnie66
08-23-2005, 04:17 PM
We have stayed in Sierra and Bonita. Both are wonderful rooms but it depends on what you are looking for. Sierra tower is the shortest walk and I would assume that any room would have a nice view of either DTD or the pool. When we stayed in the Bonita tower we had a two room suite on the top floor. The view was wonderful!!! It was facing the pool but because it was on the corner you had both views......the only downside was the walk at the end of the day.......the extra steps were really bad on old feet. Sierra tower would be my favorite but I actually like the high levels because the view is nicer. Have never really found the noise to be a problem.....have a wonderful trip!!!

losaitkens
08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
There really are advantages to all three so it just depends on what you are looking for.

I have stayed at the Sierra tower and the Bonita tower. Seeing as you are sans kiddos, you might like the bonita tower as it is a little bit removed from everything and from has more of the bigger rooms available. Our room there was quite spacious with two beds, a small couch/ pullout sleeper and an actually balcony with table/ chairs that at the time offered a view of the fantasy waters show (don't do that anymore-I believe) Just don't get stuck with a parking lot view. I hate those and they can really make you seem disconnected from the resort. This IS the farthest walk however and makes it unpopular with many.

We just got back from a stay in the sierra tower and our room was small (2 doubles, no daybed) but had a great view of the pool from the 3rd floor. Pretty much all rooms in the sierra tower have a view of something cool. The only drag was they were renovating this tower while we were here and the central elevators were not running- only the elevators at the far end of the property (near the bonita tower) were operating. This made for a longer walk AND a long wait for elevators. You might want to check and see if it is still undergoing this renovation before requesting a room here.

Have not stayed in the Marina Tower but this is where all the action is (Check in desk, gift shops, etc) so if you like feeling connected to hotel services- this is your tower. Request a poolside view however otherwise it is the lovely parking lot "city" view for you.

Hope this helps!

richas
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Might give Bonita a try since we wont' have the kids and can handle the extra distance.