PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip - Need some help, please!

erica84
08-22-2005, 06:50 PM
My Mom and I are hoping to go to Disneyland to see the 50th events sometime in the next few months. We've been at Christmas and in the summer months many times and wanted to try to go at a time when there wouldn't be as many people. I was thinking that the week of November 14th would be a good time to go. We did want to see the Parade of Dreams and the Remember...fireworks, too. I know that they are going to start the "off-season" soon and that the fireworks will only be on the weekends but I wasn't sure if by the time mid-November rolls around and we get close to the holiday season that the schedule would be more flexible. Does anyone have any tips for me regarding what would be a good time to go or where I could find the best deals? We went to Disneyland last December so this trip is more low-key and we're going to go the inexpensive route (as much as we can, anyway). I appreciate the help - I'm new to MousePlanet and I am already getting so much useful information! :)

bassett1976
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
If you can wait, try to go the first week in January when the kids get back into school. I have an extra week of for break and went with my wife to DL one year and the longest we waited for a ride was about 20 minutes. It was a very enjoyable day. This would also be value season and you might get better deals on a room. The only bad thing might be that they will have limited/no showings of the fireworks at that time.

DianeM
08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I've read that they schedule the shows and fireworks in the off season based on what kinds of crowds they expect. They seem to always have them on weekends, but other days are unpredictable. My husband and I ususally go wed-fri. during the off season. That way we get two crowd free days, and one moderately crowded day with Phantasm/Fireworks. If you want to see Phantasm and the fireworks, you really need to go friday and saturday. Keep in mind that the park isn't open as long during the quiet days - but in reality, the lines are so much shorter that you can do a lot more during that shorter time. Enjoy.

My Mom and I are hoping to go to Disneyland to see the 50th events sometime in the next few months. We've been at Christmas and in the summer months many times and wanted to try to go at a time when there wouldn't be as many people. I was thinking that the week of November 14th would be a good time to go. We did want to see the Parade of Dreams and the Remember...fireworks, too. I know that they are going to start the "off-season" soon and that the fireworks will only be on the weekends but I wasn't sure if by the time mid-November rolls around and we get close to the holiday season that the schedule would be more flexible. Does anyone have any tips for me regarding what would be a good time to go or where I could find the best deals? We went to Disneyland last December so this trip is more low-key and we're going to go the inexpensive route (as much as we can, anyway). I appreciate the help - I'm new to MousePlanet and I am already getting so much useful information! :)

Whittibo
08-23-2005, 05:30 AM
Also the fireworks can always be canceled on a whim due to weather conditions. I know we all think that So. Cal has perfect weather every day, BUT last year we were there the day after Thanksgiving, and for that next full week, and I don't think we saw the fireworks at all. They kept getting canceled. :(

I absolutly LOVE October. This will be our 6th annual trip, and our second time going at the end of Sept into Oct. The weather is still really nice. Can still get warm, but not HOT, it's cool in the mornings and evenings, but not COLD. Last year, we were FREEZING! It was low 60's, and I am sorry, that's COLD to be standing around with the wind blowing on you. :(

Malcon10t
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
If you can wait, try to go the first week in January when the kids get back into school. I have an extra week of for break and went with my wife to DL one year and the longest we waited for a ride was about 20 minutes. It was a very enjoyable day. This would also be value season and you might get better deals on a room. The only bad thing might be that they will have limited/no showings of the fireworks at that time.
Keep in mind the Rose Bowl won't be played until Jan 4th, so crowds that typically disperse Jan 2 will probably still be around thru the following weekend. This is why they delayed removing the Christmas overlay til Jan 9th.

Rteneyck
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Keep in mind the Rose Bowl won't be played until Jan 4th, so crowds that typically disperse Jan 2 will probably still be around thru the following weekend. This is why they delayed removing the Christmas overlay til Jan 9th.

Good point! I almost forgot about that. I will definatley be changing my plans to go later in January.