PDA

View Full Version : Food budget

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I am trying to figure out my DLR budget for my trip this fall. I have to renew my Deluxe AP, thankfully DS has his, other DS is only 2 and DH is only going to be there for 3 days of our trip, so he will just be getting a parkhopper. We usually just snack in the room for breakfast, cereal, fruit etc. Lunch, I would like to take PBJ to the park, so dinner is really our only meal with an expense. The first 3 days will just be the kids and I. I bring snacks for them to much on throughout the day. Do you think budgeting $40 a day for food is enough? Then I was going to up it to $60 a day when DH gets there. In that budget I am not including the cost of our breakfast in the room and stuff to make PBJ, I wil bring all that stuff from home.
We like to eat at Pizza Port, Club Buzz, Whitewater Snacks and Taste Pilot etc. Nothing fancy with the kids. One day we plan to do Goofy's so that will be the expensive day.
Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

DangerMouse
08-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I think that $40 for the three of you is more than enough for only one meal in the park per day + a snack (unless of course, you each eat 4 churros!). I usually can split a kids' meal between my kids. And sometimes I even get myself a kids' meal. Being creative about splitting meals can really save you some money. Will your husband really eat $20 of food at one meal at one of those places? Unless you are thinking one $10 meal and then two $5 snacks?? Then, that sounds about right.