PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian

Susan L
08-22-2005, 04:05 PM
We decided on staying at the GC on our next visit. I have a question for those of you who have stayed there. I know they have a mini bar in the rooms, I have even heard they have sensors on them. No no for us, way to expensive. We would like to have an empty refrigerator so we can stock our own drinks and snacks. Is it possible to request an empty refrigerator at the GC?

disneyland addict13
08-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Good question! I would also like to know this since the only hotel we stay at is the GCH and we always end up trying to squeeze our own snacks and drinks around the minibar items. During our last trip we accidentally moved a soda that was in there over a few inches and it was put on our bill. During check out we straightened it out of course but we would really have appreciated an empty fridge.

Drince88
08-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure you can request an empty refrigerator.

The Genii
08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Don't be so sure--you can't request a rollaway bed! Some baloney about fire regulations, but I think they just forgot to build room to store them.

penguin66
08-22-2005, 05:25 PM
We just returned from a stay at the Grand Californian and were able to request a refrigerator. When it was delivered, the cast member delivering them had 3 on a cart, so it must be something fairly common. The put the fridge next to the sinks.

The Genii
08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Refrigerators but no rollaway beds? Crazy.

10-97
08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
When they deliver the extra refrigerator, you can also ask them to lock the mini-bar.

kohl
08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I think they are $10 per night.

Wendi
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, you can get a fridge. No it's not $10, there is no charge. They don't offer rollaway beds, instead they have a nice thick foam mat and sleeping bag. The maximum number of guests allowed per room at GCH is 5, so you shouldn't have much need for a rollaway anyhow, either you've got a room with two double beds and use the sleeping bag, or get a room with a king and bunk beds (which has a trundle - so there are essentially 5 beds anyway.)

dasrock
08-23-2005, 02:46 AM
yes on the fridge!! we always get one.
yes on the sensors in the mini snack/bar...you move it you bought it...
yes on the sleeping bags...kids love them...
Grand Californian is the best..we love the Downtown Disney view, great for people watching... HAVE FUN!!!!!

Susan L
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info you have all been a big help :D

yeartolate
08-24-2005, 04:36 AM
They delivered a fridge to our room - no fee.

EvanRude
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Every room has an ice chest. Maybe three if your bold.
Just bring a large ice bucket and start filling.
It helps wake you up durring morning showers. :)

Mark Mywords
08-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah, you got to be carefull with those sensors in the mini bar.

During our last trip, I nearly had a conniption when I walked back into our room to find my Mother-In-Law (who was watching the kids for a few minutes) in the process of lifting every bottle in the bar out of it's slot to examine it more closely! :eek:

Luckily she was able to call down and get the charges cleared. The
CM at the desk said, "It happens all the time".

tlovesdis
08-24-2005, 10:29 AM
They should lock all of the mini bars and only unlock yours if you request it! That way you wouldn't even risk the chance of moving anything, ya know what I mean!

Susan L
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
They should lock all of the mini bars and only unlock yours if you request it! That way you wouldn't even risk the chance of moving anything, ya know what I mean!

I hear you on that one, why this is not a standard procedure in the first place is beyond me.