PDA

View Full Version : attraction ratings from Disney at DCA

olegc
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Interesting.. in the attraction list for DCA (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/listing?name=DisneysCaliforniaAdventureAttractions ListingPage) it lists certain attractions as all-time favorites - but soarin is not one of them.

AND - Monster's inc. new ride is listed as "Fun for the little ones". That concerns me only because the track record for DCA has been focused attractions instead of ones that everyone can enjoy. The jury is still out..

DianeM
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Everybody I've ever talked to lovd Soarin. Seriously. The lines always stretch back forever. How can it not be considered a favorite?

Interesting.. in the attraction list for DCA (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/listing?name=DisneysCaliforniaAdventureAttractions ListingPage) it lists certain attractions as all-time favorites - but soarin is not one of them.

AND - Monster's inc. new ride is listed as "Fun for the little ones". That concerns me only because the track record for DCA has been focused attractions instead of ones that everyone can enjoy. The jury is still out..

coronado_g
08-22-2005, 09:30 PM
The attraction must be voted upon my clicking to Add To My Favorites. In that manner, the votes are tallied. Start clicking on Soarin' to maybe bump up it's rating among All-Time Favorites!

sgtsloth
08-22-2005, 10:46 PM
"Games of the Boardwalk" is an all time favorite? :rolleyes:

olegc
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
"Games of the Boardwalk" is an all time favorite? :rolleyes:

they must be demanding that admins in the TDA building go to the site and hit the "add to my favorites" link...

socalkdg
08-23-2005, 06:48 PM

AND - Monster's inc. new ride is listed as "Fun for the little ones". That concerns me only because the track record for DCA has been focused attractions instead of ones that everyone can enjoy. The jury is still out..All the dark rides in Fantasyland are listed as "Fun for the little ones". Which is funny because many little ones find the dark a bit scary. :) If its as good or better as Alice or Peter then it should be fine.

SCUBAbe
08-23-2005, 06:51 PM

the focus on age groups at DL as well...I certainly do NOT enjoy the pooh ride and judgeing by the lack of line not many do, but pre-school age kids love it...:)...soarin' is a cool ride, but it's not a must do everytime..:)

nickbrown2k2
08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
An interesting thing to point out about the new Monster's Inc. ride...it says you get a personal farewell. Isn't that like ET at USH?

SCUBAbe
08-23-2005, 07:27 PM
An interesting thing to point out about the new Monster's Inc. ride...it says you get a personal farewell. Isn't that like ET at USH?

ET is no longer at USH...and I ahted that ride...especially the creepy voice at the end trying to say my name...*eew*

HorizonsA
08-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Space Mountain nor Thunder Mountain are listed as all-time favorites. How can that be?

SCUBAbe
08-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Space Mountain nor Thunder Mountain are listed as all-time favorites. How can that be?

my guess..space was down to long to make the list and after the death on big thunder peoplel shy away from it. I rarely see a wait longer than 25 min for that ride now.

Klutch
08-24-2005, 09:31 AM
my guess..space was down to long to make the list and after the death on big thunder peoplel shy away from it. I rarely see a wait longer than 25 min for that ride now.

It appears to me that the "All Time Favorites" were chosen by the marketing department in an effort to get the guest numbers up and have nothing to do with what guests actually think.

While Tower of Terror is popular, based on what I've read on miceage.com it hasn't pulled in nearly the crowds Disney had hoped for.