PDA

View Full Version : Okay - What's the "Goat Trick"?

Pages : [1] 2

Monte Cristo
08-22-2005, 02:19 PM
So? What is it? I've seen it referenced a few times and I'm clueless.

adriennek
08-22-2005, 02:29 PM
ah, the Goat Trick...

Adrienne
(I'll type a real reply in a minute, I just have to be the first to post it...)

adriennek
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok, real reply:

When you're on Big Thunder, there's a goat chewing dynamite on a boulder. If you're on the ride and you just keep your eye on the goat the entire time you go around that bend on the ride, you'll get a sensation. Now I don't know if I'm supposed to let you go on it to find out what happens and turn it into a cruel trick on you or if I'm allowed to tell you that you're going to feel like vomiting. I don't know if people actually have vomitted while doing it or if they just enjoy the sensation. When I've done it (in the past,) I didn't actually throw up, just felt like it.

And that is... the Goat Trick. Some say it's better from certain rows - I think the last row is supposed to be the best to experience it from.

Adrienne

cosmicjive
08-22-2005, 02:37 PM
I have tried this several times without any noticable effect.

-Jeff "etumor"

Whittibo
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
EWWWW.. that's gross. I personally don't even WANT to know what rides make people sick. I would never ride them again, fearing that I would be thrown up on. That just grosses me out!

PapiBear
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Vomiting on Park Guests is FUN! Wheee! It's the Vomit Ride! Walt wanted us to share the magic of vomit.

"Howdy folks! Please keep yer hands and arms inside the train! Oh, and if ya get throwed up on, jest wipe it off to the side and laugh it off! That's Disney magic fer ya!"

08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Do not cling to the Goat Trick. Do not reject the Goat Trick. If you depend on the goat, you will grasp the nature of the Goat Trick.

DisneyDustin22
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
In order to truly appreciate the goat, one must fully become the goat.

Chadsgal
08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
The goat trick worked for me this last trip and it made me laugh sooo hard!!! :D Definatly worth it if you can get it to work for ya. Out of 11 only 3 of us noticed anything. Don't hold on to anything and try to just follow the goat with you head not your body....this is how the three of us got it to work for us. I don't think it makes you want to throw up but it does make you tummy do quite the flip. :)

JosieGirl71
08-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Vomiting on Park Guests is FUN! Wheee! It's the Vomit Ride! Walt wanted us to share the magic of vomit.

"Howdy folks! Please keep yer hands and arms inside the train! Oh, and if ya get throwed up on, jest wipe it off to the side and laugh it off! That's Disney magic fer ya!"

Is anyone else picturing the scene from The Sandlot? :p

ToursbabeC3po
08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Are you all serious? I think the goat does something to my daughter because she always screams at it when she is looking at it that is so weird. The things you learn on mouse planet are things you can take with you through life :~D
Toursbabe

DisneyDustin22
08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Do you all know of the Plywood Face Trick on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Right after you go through the TNT room and the explosions start, if you hang your head out of the side of the car, you will smack your face on some plywood! ;) Please don't attempt this trick people.

ToursbabeC3po
08-22-2005, 04:44 PM
OMG Dustin you kill me ROTFL!!!!

coronado_g
08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
What a hoot! I can't imagine deliberately trying to induce nausea. No siree, not me.

SCUBAbe
08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
from what i understand, while sitting near the back of the train just stare at the goat until you can't see it anymore....I don't know what happens though. It doesn't work for me.:(

ToursbabeC3po
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I like your avator Scubabe!!!! I love Sea World!!!!
Toursbabe

charpaul
08-23-2005, 12:31 AM
the Goat Trick works for me when I am in the last car of the train sitting on the right hand side (closest to the goat). When you get to the top of the lift hill keep your body and head facing forward and look at the goat with the corner of your eye. Tilt your head a little if need to maintain eye contact with the goat, but do NOT turn your head.
This creates a feeling of vertigo as you spiral down the other side of the hill past the goat and around the curve. I have never felt sick, just a dizziness that is intense and fun. It does not work for everyone - and I think the farther back in the train you sit the more success you will have.

stan4d_steph
08-23-2005, 04:56 AM
So? What is it? I've seen it referenced a few times and I'm clueless.If you see something mentioned a lot and don't know what it is the search feature also works well. Just click on Search at the top of page in the yellow bar.

disneyperson
08-23-2005, 10:10 AM
we will be doing the goat trick tomorrow, hopefully during the fireworks! baaa-aaaa.

ToursbabeC3po
08-23-2005, 10:54 AM
If you see something mentioned a lot and don't know what it is the search feature also works well. Just click on Search at the top of page in the yellow bar.
But then we would not be having this inspiring conversation. ;)

DisneyDustin22
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
But then we would not be having this inspiring conversation. ;)

I agree. If people made it that easy, all of us would have no way of measuring our Disney ego amongst each other. I like to compare all of us on this board to pigeons fighting over bread crumbs. Someone throws a topic out there, suddenly you have 50 people fighting over it. Then theres always that lone pigeon that only comes out once in a while, and gives his two cents about the topic a month after we stopped talking about it. Which resurrects the topic, and we're right back at square one again. :)

BigAlH
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I have tried this several times without any noticable effect.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I kept at it and figured out the trick to the goat trick. You have to keep your head turned looking at the goat until the train starts it's dive and right turn.

So, turn your head sideways and look at the goat, and keep it turned completely sideways (chin over shoulder) until you pass the goat and start diving. The key is when try to turn your head back facing forwards while you are diving and turning to the right. Gravity does not want your head to turn in that direction and when you force it, you'll get the vertigo feeling.

This may not work for everyone, but my whole family failed to feel the effect until I explain this to them. Once we did this we all went, "WOOOAH!" :D

Note - in my advanced years I can get queasy without too much trouble (the Sun Wheel at DCA gets me), but the goat trick didn't make me feel sick - just a good dose of dizziness for a short time. It's a blast!

truesally
08-23-2005, 03:14 PM
What a hoot! I can't imagine deliberately trying to induce nausea. No siree, not me.

This whole thing is along the lines of "This tastes rotten! You try it..." and "This stinks like dirty feet! Here, smell it!" It's one of those weirdly irresistable needs to be in on the action, no matter how horrific :eek:

Now watch me attempt the Goat Trick when we go in November (and I betcha my friends & family will want to do it, too...!)

(Will post any barfing reports) :D

THpoohbear
08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Is anyone else picturing the scene from The Sandlot? :p

That was my thought exactly. lol :p

canadasunflower
08-23-2005, 04:57 PM
we will be doing the goat trick tomorrow, hopefully during the fireworks! baaa-aaaa.

Although the goat trick didn't work for me or my husband, going on BTMRR during the fireworks is a great idea! On Saturday (August 6th) we rode it 4 times in less than 35 minutes! That was a lot of fun!