PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday timing

jschein
08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is any chance the HMH will open early, in case they complete the install early? Or do they just open it on the 30th regardless of whether they finish the install early?

Thanks...

olegc
08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't have access to a refurb schedule - but in the 4 years previous they have always opened on the announce day. There have not been any "soft openings" like new attractions.

DisneyDustin22
08-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Since they have nothing to test out, there is no reason for a soft open. Operations are virtually the exact same thing between the two versions.

DISNEYfied
08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Sounds good... although I have a question myself. On this site it says the overlay will begin on Sept 6th but on the Disneyland site, it doesn't say that Haunted Mansion will be closed until Sept 12. Does anyone know when it'll be closed because I plan on going on Sept 10 with my friends before college starts. Any help is appreciated! Thanks. :D

olegc
08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
HM will be CLOSED starting Spt 6th to install the overlay. It will reopen on Sept 30th.

Sorry about that....

cwhit45
08-23-2005, 02:50 PM
If you go to the Disneyland site and check the calendar, it lists the first day that the HM is closed for the holiday install as September 12.

Disneyland Calendar Page for September 11 & 12 (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20050911&span=2&parkDCA=false&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=false)

DISNEYfied
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
If you go to the Disneyland site and check the calendar, it lists the first day that the HM is closed for the holiday install as September 12.

Disneyland Calendar Page for September 11 & 12 (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20050911&span=2&parkDCA=false&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=false)

YEAHHH!! Thats what I meant. Since we're planning for Sept 10.. I wanted to know which was more accurate. I'm tempted just to call Disneyland and ask.

Mark Mywords
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm going to be very happy if HM is open during our upcoming trip! I've been planning on it being down.

disney_leonard
08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
In years past they opened HHM with the special event night. They decided not to have the event this year so there could be a possibility of opening early; however, they have plenty of experience now and know how long the changeover takes. My guess is that they don't build in too much extra time for the changeover. Plus, scheduling a week in advance pretty much rules out any last minute CM schedule changes in the event they do finish early.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-04-2005, 09:14 PM
HM will be CLOSED starting Spt 6th to install the overlay. It will reopen on Sept 30th.

Sorry about that....

Open the 30th? GREAT!!!! We will be there 2 weeks after that. Perfect timing!!! :D