PDA

View Full Version : Any Ride Is Yours!

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandBoy
02-21-2002, 05:29 AM
If Michael Eisner came to you and said you can have any ride at Disneyland - they will take it out and put it in your backyard, complete with the facade and everything - what you you pick?

I would take Splash Mountain!

DisneylandKid
02-21-2002, 05:42 AM
I was just going to post this exact same thread!!

Anyway, even though Indiana Jones is my favorite ride, I would probably choose (1) Jungle Cruise, and (2) Pirates of the Caribbean, because there would be so much to explore!

skeleton@thewheel
02-21-2002, 06:56 AM
pirates of course!

2nd runner up would be Adventures through Inner Space!

yeo_foxe
02-21-2002, 09:14 AM
(By Disneyland, I'm assuming the whole of DLR)

Animation building of course!

Heck, I'll trade 'em the house (When I own one...)
The lobby would be my living room.

Actually put shelves in beasts library....

Put a bed in Ursula's Grotto....

Kitchen would be the lobby of the theater bit.

Dining room would be the exhibit area....

Change the Mushu show into my TV area....

BELLEH5
02-21-2002, 10:05 AM
I would want to take home It's a Small World, POTC and JC, there all so fun and full of new things each time I'm on them.

Main Street Magic
02-21-2002, 10:11 AM
ok, based on your initial proposal where Mr. Eisner would put any "ride" in your backyard complete with surrounding stuff, well, then I'd have to take the Disneyland train which goes completely around the park because you have to put in all the stuff inside the train tracks! :D

Having said that, and knowing that you really want me to pick just one attraction, I'll settle for Pirates.

Gemini Cricket
02-21-2002, 10:23 AM
If Eisner said I could have POTC, I'd leave it where it is. I'd just make it longer, put in more details and ensure that it never closes.

I'd make one change. This may sound cheesy.
Across the waterway from the two pirates, the dog and the donkey there's an unlit unutilized area. I believe it has a window and balcony. I'd put a heroic, handsome pirate on a ladder who is sincerely serenading a pretty woman on that balcony. (If there isn't a balcony already there, I'd build one.) She'd be enjoying his song as he sings his heart out. So the pirates, dog and donkey would be his back up singers. She'd watch lovingly and, every so often, we see her pull a suitcase up from behind the balcony wall... you know, like she's going with him.
This would demonstrate that not all pirates are bad, not all women are victims and that women can be pirates too at heart. Romeo and Juliet meets POTC.:)

disneynut
02-21-2002, 10:38 AM
The Matterhorn...A big old Swiss Alp plopped right in the middle of Modesto. (If it was mine I'd finally be able to climb it!)

Gemini Cricket
02-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by yeo_foxe

I breezed through the Amination Bldg. I should have spent more time there. It sounds very intricate. When I first went in, it looked like a huge empty warehouse, I didn't think much of going in an investigating it closely.

innerSpaceman
02-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Oh, this is a tough one. I have always wanted Space Mountain for home use. But I think I'm gonna have to go with Adventure thru Inner Space cause, in this great fantasy, it would only be available in my back yard (come on over, everybody!) while Space Mountain will long be available at Disneyland (though in a much changed form if Marty Sklar has his way).

MonorailMan
02-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Let's See I'd Take:

The Monorail-Directly from my house to DL. :D

If The Mono wasn't avaible, I'd take Indy. :)

MammaSilva
02-21-2002, 03:25 PM
this is a seriously tough call... my first knee jerk reaction was....Peter Pan.....but then I though well how many times can you ride over london and off into neverland....so for the backyard I'll have to go with Indy.....cool cars, great effects and Brandy loves to drive the jeep! But I'd want all the jeeps so the ride wasnt the same everytime thru....and since we get the 'surrounding' stuff Tarzans tree house will be great for the shade and no dropping nasty leaves all over the place!

Ace
02-21-2002, 04:10 PM
muhahaha! I would take the DLRR, which would come with everything in the park, since it's enclosed in the circle.

Morrigoon
02-21-2002, 06:00 PM
I'd take the Rivers of America - since that would of course include TSI, Mark Twain, Columbia, Canoes, and the TSI rafts. Though, honestly I'd settle for one canoe and the Mark Twain.

But your puzzle leaves something out here: you're saying take it OUT of DL. Well, I wouldn't want to remove it!

Oooh, I'd take the CBJ though, since that's already out!

ROA would look SO nice in the backyard though!

Dreamstaker
02-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I get the little town and the little waterfalls. Make the doors close right.

Ace
02-21-2002, 06:30 PM
aww someone had already put the DLRR idea... sorry, I didn't read that post.

DisneylandBoy
02-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Some clarifications:

1. The ride wouldn't be taken out of DL - you'd get an exact duplicate.

2. When I say surrounding stuff I mean decoration (i.e. the entire mountain and queue line for Matterhorn) You don;t get another ride that is by it. Sorry :(

Uncle Dick
02-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, complete with restrooms and the Tiki Juice bar. I'd also make sure it came installed with its own hot female cast member to make Dole Whips and wake up José for me. Of course, I'd convert one wing into a dining area, one into a sleeping area, one into a living room (with nice comfy couches) and I'd leave one just the way it is. I really want a Tiki Room.... Oh yeah, and the show would be complete (with the Offenbach number reintroduced).

FEJ
02-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Cosmic Waves and the Observatron

Morrigoon
02-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Complete with nekkid urinating toddlers? Ewwwww!

Mouse
02-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FEJ
Cosmic Waves and the Observatron

Sounds like a band name: "And now please put your hands together for Cosmic Wave and the Observatrons!"

Mouse
02-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Tarzan's Treehouse would be nice to own. No so much becasue it is my favorite by becasue it would make a great playhouse. Imigine the sleep overs!

Believe
02-22-2002, 07:27 PM
In Rides i would take Indy or BTM Railroad

In Shows (if i could have it) FANTASMIC or a Believe show and you get a plus with a believe show cause you would get the castle with it !! :p

lilblckrncloud
02-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Oh, Gemini Cricket, I am in love with your idea for POTC! That sounds so great.

I would definitely want that ride in my yard, but I fear I would never leave it if I did. I would just wander the caverns for days, and stop in at the Blue Bayou whenever I got hungry. *sigh* How divine!

Not Afraid
02-23-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by yeo_foxe
(By Disneyland, I'm assuming the whole of DLR)

Just reading this post made me happy! I'd live there, no problem. I'd change one thing. I'd have entire Disney films playing in the lobby on demand. And I'd put some loungey seating in there.

I'd also get to keep the art - especially the Mary Blair pieces.

I'd never leave!