PDA

View Full Version : VHS Video - A Day At Disneyland

CookieBandit
08-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I just watched this VHS tape that I checked out from the library. It is such a great video! Has Walt Disney Co. produced any more videos like this?

I've also tried searching online to buy a copy (they have some used at eBay)... I'm almost tempted to "lose" the library copy and pay the fees... :p

It was great to see all the different attractions - felt like I was right there on the ride. And seeing the Electrical Parade - I've never seen it in person. And the Fantasmic show - that was especially great because from where we were sitting, we mostly got a side view...

At the end of the video, they had a phone number to call if you were interested in purchasing the video... does anyone know if the number is still valid and if they have any copies to sell?

And does anyone know where I can find the lyrics of the song in Fantasmic? There's one verse that I heard on the video tape...

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM
what was it called...............

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM
What year was this made??? Have you tried Amazon.com or sites like that?

CookieBandit
08-20-2005, 09:07 PM
The official title is "Disneyland - A Day at the Happiest Place on Earth". There wasn't a copyright date on the video case, but I believe it was 1993 - Toontown and Fantasmic were both on the video.

I checked Amazon - they have some used copies for sale.

lauramaynot
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
I like the sing-along-songs Disneyland Fun which is supposed to be coming to DVD soon. Not sure if it is the same version as the VHS or an updated version. I also enjoy the free VHS or DVD that you can get from the disney website, the vacation planning one. I have two one I ordered when I lived in Hawaii and one since we moved to Nevada. I don't know if they keep track of how many you have or not.

Disneyfanatic
08-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I called Disneyland and they were able to send our copy, but that was in 2001. I do think I remember seeing them at Disneyland though when we were there in October 2004. You could call deliverears and see if they still have them?

Disneyfanatic
08-20-2005, 09:14 PM
We are so bad, we also have the Disneyland Fun video and it is different from the Day at Disneyland, but we also enjoy it also. When I was on Disney Direct the other day I did see that the DVD to Disneyland Fun was coming out, but I can't remember when they said

EchoThree76
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Its coming in mid-september

Niwel
08-20-2005, 10:45 PM
The official title is "Disneyland - A Day at the Happiest Place on Earth". There wasn't a copyright date on the video case, but I believe it was 1993 - Toontown and Fantasmic were both on the video.

I owned a couple of "Day at Disneyland" tapes. The best had Mickey walking down Main Street (telling one of the CMs they only had 5 minutes till the park opened) and Daisy telling Donald not to forget his lunch... is that the one you have?

TowerofTerror
08-20-2005, 10:49 PM
well cool me i just own many disney movies.

animagusurreal
08-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I must have watched this a zillion times. I had the pre-Fantasmic version.

BTW, does anyone know why they didn't use the original music for the Electrical Parade (Baroque Hoedown)? At least they didn't on the one I had, it was some other electronic-sounding music.

GOOFY: "Nice relaxin' train ride - wonder why they call it Thunder Mou----! AAAAH-HOO-HOO-HOO-EEY!"

MICKEY: "What a wonderful day this has been at Disneyland! We'll see ya again - real soon!"

Opus1guy
08-21-2005, 08:48 AM
I believe this is what some folks call the "white box" version. There's a pre-Fantasmic version (that animagusurreal mentions they have), and the same tape but with Fantasmic added (it has a gold foil starburst advertising Fantasmic added to the cello box wrapper).

It is one of the best in the Day @ Disneyland series, IMHO. And I'm not just saying that because I know of couple of the talented folks that put it together either (several of which also worked on the very first Disney Vacation Club video presentation that appeared in the Old Key West sales theater at Walt Disney World).

Malcon10t
08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
What year was this made??? Have you tried Amazon.com or sites like that?I believe it was in the mid 80s. It was one of DIsney's "Sing Along" tapes. My kids used to watch it for hours on end. Amazon has used versions of it for $30. Funny cause I know I spent $12 on it new when it came out. Now I need to find my old copy.

mowsluver
08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
The Day at DL with Mickey walking down Main St is great! We have worn out at least 3 by now! I pick one up whenever I can...we never get tired of watching it!!!! :D

mowsluver
08-21-2005, 12:02 PM
If anyone is looking for a copy, keep your eyes out on ebay...I may be putting some of my Disney items up there soon....

geoffa
08-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I just watched this VHS tape that I checked out from the library. It is such a great video! Has Walt Disney Co. produced any more videos like this?

I've also tried searching online to buy a copy (they have some used at eBay)... I'm almost tempted to "lose" the library copy and pay the fees... :p

It was great to see all the different attractions - felt like I was right there on the ride. And seeing the Electrical Parade - I've never seen it in person. And the Fantasmic show - that was especially great because from where we were sitting, we mostly got a side view...

At the end of the video, they had a phone number to call if you were interested in purchasing the video... does anyone know if the number is still valid and if they have any copies to sell?

And does anyone know where I can find the lyrics of the song in Fantasmic? There's one verse that I heard on the video tape...

I live London U.K. - I have a copy of the video (Copyright 1993) bought in 1995(when "DCA" was the car park!) It opens with Mickey walking along Main Street before the park opening and chatting and waving to cast members etc. It features several rides and then a "shortened" version of Fantasmic starting with Minnie talking to Mickey by the railings and telling him what an imagination he's got - CUE THE SHOW! I can do you an avi for your computer but it will be a PAL (not NTSC) version so you'd have difficulties converting it to NTSC. The soundtrack of Fantasmic is available on CD but its the longer WDW version. CD available from Amazon, Disney.go etc. (If you want to see the full length Disneyland Ca version go to: VisionsFantastic website.)
The video's Fantasmic is followed by the Main Street Electrical Parade and ends with Mickey standing in front of the castle with his friends whilst fireworks sprout from his hands. :fez:

Also have a look at: /www.disneylandian.com/faqs/fantasmic.html

"See...It in your mind, And you will find, In your imagination: Mysteries and magic,Visions Fantastic, Leading to strange and wondrous dreams.
Dreams, Of make believe, But could they all come true...

CHORUS:
Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh...In your imagination...Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh...In your imagination...Deep in your mind, It's magic you'll find,
When out of the night, Dark forces ignite,
To blind you with frightening schemes;
You use your might, To brighten the light,
Creating a night of wondrous dreams" :fez:

Doug
08-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Yikes, "dark forces"? Sounds ominous ...

When out of the night, Dark forces ignite,
To blind you with frightening schemes;
You use your might, To brighten the light,
Creating a night of wondrous dreams" :fez:

CookieBandit
08-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I owned a couple of "Day at Disneyland" tapes. The best had Mickey walking down Main Street (telling one of the CMs they only had 5 minutes till the park opened) and Daisy telling Donald not to forget his lunch... is that the one you have?

Niwel - yup, Mickey does say something about it being 5 minutes until the park opens. I'm not sure about the Daisy/Donald part though...

Disneyfanatic - just out of curiosity - how much was the tape when you purchased it in 2001?

Disneyfanatic
08-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Cookiebandit, If I remember correctly it was around $24.00 with shipping and Tax. Like I said earlier, I am almost positive that I saw them at Disneyland when we where there because I remember thinking that I wished that Disney would make a new one because that video was so good. I ended up getting the DVD that is like the vaction planning video that they made, and the one that is on the TV in the hotel. It just isn't the same! Hopefully Disney will hurry up and make a new one! How much do you think that the library would charge if you "lost" it?

coronado_g
08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
How much do you think that the library would charge if you "lost" it?
I believe the library would charge as much as it would cost to replace the tape sooooooo it would just be best to simply buy it on eBay or Amazon.
Plus, it would be so uncool to do that to the library.

Disneyfanatic
08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I was just wondering what the library charges, I have never lost anything so I was curious. I wouldn't do that to the library the poor kids that could enjoy it :-)You never know how much abuse the VHS has had also.

disneychelle
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I have it pre-ordered at Walmart.com for $10-12 I don't remember exactly how much!

CookieBandit
08-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I was just kidding when I said I would "lose" the tape.

I read a post somewhere re: this tape - the person had gone to their local video store but the copy had been lost. I can just imagine how how sad that would be if it were me who wanted to see the tape but all the copies had disappeared.

... so seriously, I was just kidding. not to mention any bad karma....