PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been to DL in 2 years, What's New?

Tony P
08-20-2005, 08:40 PM
My family & I haven't been to DL for 2 years & we're wondering what if any are the new must see/must do's?

Thanks,
Tony

TowerofTerror
08-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Buzz Light Year Astro Blasters in Tommorowland, Snow Whites Musical, Parade of Dreams Remember Dream come true fireworks show. The snow white show goes down after labor day.Over at California Adventures it Tower of Terror and Bugs land and Jo Jo`s Play house

neffyh
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
There is all sorts of new things 2 do and see at Disneyland Now. There is Soarin' over Cali. at Disney's Califonia Adventure which i give a thumbs up 2. U get 2 fly over california and at the end U will see a aerial view of Disneyland at night. Its wonderful. U can also see the Block party Bash which includes all the Pixar Characters. At Disneyland, In the Opera House, U can see Disneyland - The First 50 Magical Years, an exhibit. U get 2 see map of DL and models and stuff that created DL. At Tommorow land, the Improved Space Mountain opened up. I hear its very good. There is also Astro blasters which is very fun!!!! U can also see the Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams which is an ideal parade for kids and adults. At night u can top it all off with a Spectactular Fireworks show called "Remember...Dreams Do Come True" Its a magical momement :crying: It only shows on certain days though. Check at disneyland.com too see the calendar. There is all sort of thing 2 do with ur family. Come to the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth"

Tony P
08-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Nm

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM
OH! And they are celbrating their 50th anniversary! ;)

See the fireworks, they are outstanding! Same for the Parade of Dreams!

I recommend Soarin' Over California too, (in DCA), as well as the rapid ride...which the name of always escapes me.

08-22-2005, 01:57 AM
It's all bright and spankin' freshly-painted, at long last. You will love how gorgeous Disneyland looks.

Write a trip report when you get back? We'd love to hear your impressions.

Gone2Disneyland
08-22-2005, 07:01 AM
It's all bright and spankin' freshly-painted, at long last. You will love how gorgeous Disneyland looks.

That was going to be my first point. After two years, I believe you'll be grateful to see the park looking so fresh and beautiful. And I found the gold accents along Main Street, U.S.A. to not be so gaudy or distracting as I feared they would be. You'll also be intrigued with the photomosiacs on display throughout the park as well.

Otherwise, "what's new" and will still be available in November will be the new fireworks show, the Disneyland film and exhibit in the Opera House, the enhanced versions of Space Mountain and the Jungle Cruise, the cleaned-up and freshly dressed Enchanted Tiki Room, and the Parade of Dreams that you ought to all catch on your visit. And Haunted Mansion Holiday and probably it's a small world holiday will be up then too. (Be sure to roam thru these threads to read about the best viewing spots for the fireworks show.)

On a side note, while not new, I just read on the MousePlanet update that Pirates will be closed during your visit. :crying: However, November's also the time when holiday lights and decorations start appearing throughout the park. :)

Hope this helps.

cosmicjive
08-22-2005, 10:18 AM
The actual date of the Pirates closure is still up in the air. It may be closed when you get here, but it may not close until early next year.

-Jeff "etumor"

ToursbabeC3po
08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I think the new firework show alone is worth the admission price to the park. If you are in front of the castle!!!!
Toursbabe