PDA

View Full Version : Disney @ Christmas & Santa

DisneyMa
08-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm new at this, hope I do it right. I LOVE this site! You Guys are GREAT. Dh and I have learned so much from all of you in the past two weeks.
We are Staying at the CG Hotel Oct. 22 nd for five days and upgrading our hoppers to AP's and have already booked another stay at CGH Dec. 4 th - Dec. 8 th. This will be our third stay this year. It is a five hour drive from our door to Mickey's. We are really excited about Disney @ Christmas. We have a two year old and was wondering if they have a Santa she can sit and have a pic taken with. I thought I read something about one at the CG Hotel.
Any other Disney Christmas info would be GREAT too, as we have never been over the Holidays.

Thanks in Advance
DisneyMa

Whittibo
08-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I LOVE Christmas at Disneyland. We were there last year from November 26th (my birthday was the 27th, my daughters was the 30th) so we got both our birthdays AND got to see all the decorations for Christmas!

Santa is at the main hub (not sure what the real name of that is, but just prior to entering Main Street.) Also, all the characters are dressed up for Christmas. It's VERY fun!

Keep in mind, it could be pretty cold too. Even though people think So. Cal is always warm, it was in the low 60's the whole time we were there last year. Never really rained (that happened AFTER we left, thankfully), but be sure to pack extra layers!

hdlzx2
08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
2 yrs ago when we stayed at the CGH Santa was there in the Lobby. (Without the line that can happen in DL)

stan4d_steph
08-20-2005, 07:31 PM
You will love staying at GCH at holiday time. There is a fantastic tree there and Santa appears in the lobby at intervals during the day. Santa can also be found in DL near the flagpole, in DCA (surfer Santa), and Goofy Santa appears in ToonTown.

Here's an article from last year (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041201lp.htm) detailing some fun activities during Christmastime at DL. Have a great trip. :)

losaitkens
08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Christmas is a wonderful time to be at the park. The decorations are really spectacular and I love the menu items, lights, and special activities they usually have going on at the park and DtD. The Santa on Mainstreet is great and they will take a picture for you with your camera if you want and they also have a photographer on hand taking pics that you could purchase later. Lots of rumors regarding whether the christmas parade and fireworks will be happening in the usual place but I have faith that Disneyland will still be doing Christmas up right this year. Have a great trip!

Malcon10t
08-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I LOVE Christmas at Disneyland. We were there last year from November 26th (my birthday was the 27th, my daughters was the 30th) so we got both our birthdays AND got to see all the decorations for Christmas!

Santa is at the main hub (not sure what the real name of that is, but just prior to entering Main Street.) Also, all the characters are dressed up for Christmas. It's VERY fun!

Keep in mind, it could be pretty cold too. Even though people think So. Cal is always warm, it was in the low 60's the whole time we were there last year. Never really rained (that happened AFTER we left, thankfully), but be sure to pack extra layers!They moved Santa last year to DCA. He is now just after you enter DCA past the Golden Gate. It was a great setup. We generally go Dec 23-Jan3. We stop on Christmas Eve to talk to Santa.

Osky
08-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I just wanted to add my $0.02. The Santa they had last year in the GCH lobby is the best Santa I have ever seen. Unlike most Santas that wear the bright red outfit that looks cheap, this Santa was wearing a more traditional deep burgundy coat. His outfit looked very old and regal. This Santa spoke with an accent, maybe Dutch. His beard was real, and he just looked like what Santa should look like. He spoke very softly and carried on long conversations with my kids. They were so completely amazed.

My daughter told him that she wanted a Barbie car that she could drive around in. He told her that the elves love to drive those around the north pole because the toy factory is so big. That completely made her day. Also, it is very rarely crowded in the lobby of the GCH. This is now a must do for us every year.

DisneyMa
08-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Thank you for your posts. I'm crazy about DL and crazy about the holidays. I CAN NOT WAIT to see them together. This is our first December trip. Our family has been to DL several times over the past 25 years and we always stay at one of the DLR hotels. It amazes me how much I'm still learning. You Guys are GREAT! Thanks again. :)

DisneyDustin22
08-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Does Disneyland celebrate Festivus?

SammiStitch
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Does Disneyland celebrate Festivus?
And apparently being able to post on a board doesn't necessarily make you a genius either. :D

Osky
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
And apparently being able to post on a board doesn't necessarily make you a genius either. :D

Is this implying that those that celebrate festivus are not smart? ;) You know, the amazing feats of strength require some mental preperation.

SammiStitch
08-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Is this implying that those that celebrate festivus are not smart? ;) You know, the amazing feats of strength require some mental preperation.
no, just saying Dustins randomness wasn't funny, or orginal, My mom is Disneyma, and it had nothing to do with her question.
the amazing feats of stength.... okay?!?!
I would think that by quoting him in my post to him... people would get that, guess it takes too much mental preperation.

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 03:49 PM
no, just saying Dustins randomness wasn't funny, or orginal, My mom is Disneyma, and it had nothing to do with her question.
the amazing feats of stength.... okay.

I apologize. I tend not to know ahead of time who was and who wasn't born with a sense of humor. Obviously you haven't been around this board long enuogh to realize that 90% of the posts started on here, everyone will reply to. And usually, we like to throw in some humor to mix it up amongst those of us who have Disney spirit. Give yourself some time, you'll come around. :) In the meantime, I don't suggest watching any kind of sitcom, stand up comedian, comedy movie, funnies cartoon in the paper, comedy central, the phil hendry show, the daily show with jon stewart.....oh and NEVER watch an episode of Seinfeld. I wouldn't want you to get hurt.

I think Murphy Brown is okay though. "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Condeleeza Rice. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Hilary Clinton. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla The Kennedy's"

Osky
08-26-2005, 04:13 PM
the amazing feats of stength.... okay?!?!

Apparently you do not know that of which he is referring, or you would know about the amazing feats of strength and the airing of grievences...

Let this post be grievence number 1! :fez:

SammiStitch
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
jesus all i said is ive heard the post before... most of your things you post are from comedy central... you copied them, i know because that is what watch, and strenght had nothing to do with me making a JOKE about him... poeple who can diss it and not take it dont have a sense of humor... cause that was pretty funny and not quoted from Dane Cook, or any other comedian on Comedy Central.
And the strength thing just made my head hurt... I was comenting on his quote... hahaha funny right... now get off my back, your the rude people at disneyland that cut, and push little people like me around.
And disneyma isnt my mom she disowned me.

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
jesus all i said is ive heard the post before... most of your things you post are from comedy central... you copied them, i know because that is what watch, and strenght had nothing to do with me making a JOKE about him... poeple who can diss it and not take it dont have a sense of humor... cause that was pretty funny and not quoted from Dane Cook, or any other comedian on Comedy Central.
And the strength thing just made my head hurt... I was comenting on his quote... hahaha funny right... now get off my back, your the rude people at disneyland that cut, and push little people like me around.
And disneyma isnt my mom she disowned me.

Yes, I enjoy going to Disneyland and cutting and pushing little people around. Ya know because my AP only allows me to go once a year so I have to get as much in as possible before the day is over. Oh an going back and editing your posts doesn't count as changing what was said before people responded to you. Just an FYI. Hey have a nice day! :)

Osky
08-26-2005, 04:27 PM
now get off my back, your the rude people at disneyland that cut, and push little people like me around.

Um, that is completely unacceptable. Nobody attacked you or got on your case. If you thought DisneyDustin's post was unoriginal and unfunny, ignore it. I was just having fun after adding value to the original question back in post #7. Attacking the poster is unwelcome and against the rules. Lighten up a little. We are all here to have fun and learn.

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Um, that is completely unacceptable. Nobody attacked you or got on your case. If you thought DisneyDustin's post was unoriginal and unfunny, ignore it. I was just having fun after adding value to the original question back in post #7. Attacking the poster is unwelcome and against the rules. Lighten up a little. We are all here to have fun and learn.

Thanks grundler. I do appreciate that. Hey, next time you're at the park give me a shout so we can go cut in some lines eh? :p

Osky
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks grundler. I do appreciate that. Hey, next time you're at the park give me a shout so we can go cut in some lines eh? :p

Or better yet, maybe we can start planning our own Festivus! Do you think we can have a large aluminum pole delivered to one of the GCH conference rooms or a suite? ;)

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Or better yet, maybe we can start planning our own Festivus! Do you think we can have a large aluminum pole delivered to one of the GCH conference rooms or a suite? ;)

I have no doubt. When I was in college I actually brought an aluminum pole to classes during Festivus. Turned out I started a whole thing cuz I came back as an alum and found they started the feats of strength.

Osky
09-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Since some people were asking about the GCH Santa, I just came across a pic from last year, so I thought I would post it.

http://grundler.smugmug.com/photos/35915348-M.jpg

pisces
09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
That is sooo touching. That photo nearly brings me to tears. Look at how red Santa's face is! Or is that just your camera? And look how big that chair is.

And this is a first, we've never seen pictures of the actual Santas at Disney.

Do you have any other pictures? Like one of your $150.00 tree?

Osky
09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
The lighting in that picture is low, but his face was red, and the mustache part of the beard is his real hair. Like I mentioned in a previous post, this Santa was the most perfect Santa that I have ever seen. He was kind, soft spoken, and really knew how to interact with my kids, who were a little shy.

I'll try to find a picture of the tree. Or I could just go home and bust it out of the box for a new picture!

pisces
09-16-2005, 12:45 PM
The lighting in that picture is low, but his face was red, and the mustache part of the beard is his real hair. Like I mentioned in a previous post, this Santa was the most perfect Santa that I have ever seen. He was kind, soft spoken, and really knew how to interact with my kids, who were a little shy.

I'll try to find a picture of the tree. Or I could just go home and bust it out of the box for a new picture!

Actually, that might be interesting, to see how it's packaged. Although, I want to see it as it was in the room.

Oh, that was you talking about the good Santa. I know what you mean. I really feel sorry for some of the kids herded in and out like an assembly line, and they don't get enough time.

DisneyMa
09-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks so much for posting your picture Grundler. This kids are adorable and Santa is Fantastic. That tree is HUGH I CAN'T WAIT......... :) I'm also going to order one of those personal trees for our room at the GCH to surprise the DH and DD.