PDA

View Full Version : Picking out your clothes

Pages : [1] 2

Werner
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
OK this sounds lame but ever since I can remember, I've always had this weird thing about picking out my clothes that I'm gonna wear to go to Disneyland. It's part of the whole "countdown" for me. In other words, I don't just get up on the day and slap on whatever -- I have to have it "pre-ordained" LOL All right so anyone else do this?

Susan L
08-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Since we go for a week at a time, picking out what to wear for 7 days is very much on the mind :D

SeansMom
08-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, sort of. Since we live in a usually cold and wet climate, I always shop for a few lightweight fun stuff for DL. Then, I wear all my old stuff that I'm comfortable in much more than the new stuff. :rolleyes:

Barbossa
08-20-2005, 07:16 PM
I have MSWord documents for DLR trips of various durations. (Nerd alert! :geek: ). Same number of shorts, pants, and shirts. I do try to take as many Disney shirts as possible.

Captain Josh
08-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Seeing as I live a life with a mind that hasn't expanded past 1968, I think guests should wear suits and dresses, but then again, maybe not.

Here's to crew cuts and red meat!

Whittibo
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I home school my kids, so we don't have the wardrobe that most families do. I only buy things "as needed" and our vacation warrants a few new outfits.

I do have to shop early as seasons change so quickly. If you don't act fast, you won't FIND lightweight clothes. I was at Mervyn's the other day and bought 4 complete outfits for my youngest daughter, 2 pair of shorts for my middle daughter, and a pair of capri's and a pair of pants for my oldest daughter, all for $28.. so NOW'S the time to shop the sales!

I also am pretty anal about not letting them wear their new clothes too much before we leave, wouldn't want them to look "worn" or anything :p

Me, HA, it's what ever fits at the time of our departure, which usually isn't much.

We also always get a new pair of tennis shoes for our trip. It's a good time of year to buy a nice pair of leather sneakers, and then we are comfy and have nice shoes all winter long.

So I guess you're not alone in the "planning ahead" stuff. We don't leave until September 28th! And we only just started planning the trip a few nights ago. Our house is for sale, so I wasn't sure we could plan any further ahead, I think even this is too far ahead, but oh well.

TowerofTerror
08-20-2005, 08:41 PM
well wear something that you can be comfortable in. At night have a sweater since it usually cool after the sun goes down

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I am lame, I buy all new duds but this next time I go I am wearing all my most comfortable things!( I pray AI do any way as I am preety anal abotu this to) But I told my friend shortie, I am going to wear comforatable stuff and not to take any pictures of me as I will not look great !!

ima_mickeyfan
08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I always plan on 2 outfits a day per person. this allows for getting soaked on rides and evening wear when it's a bit chilly out.. We always buy new clothes for vacation, how strange is that? funny how people buy clothes just to go on vacation....lol

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I have MSWord documents for DLR trips of various durations. (Nerd alert! :geek: ). Same number of shorts, pants, and shirts. I do try to take as many Disney shirts as possible.

First of all Barbossa....your avatar is a RIOT!!!!

Last time we went to DL, I went to the Ebay Disney auctions, and bought a few DL shirts to wear so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy them at DL and pay a whole lot more moolah for them!

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM

Last time we went to DL, I went to the Ebay Disney auctions, and bought a few DL shirts to wear so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy them at DL and pay a whole lot more moolah for them!

I heart, when you going back to disneyland ? I hear the end of the year? will you be coming in April :)

CariBelle
08-20-2005, 09:10 PM
My usual DL outfit is flip flops (unless I know it's going to rain or be super chilly, well, what we SoCali residents consider chilly lol) jeans, a polo shirt and a light track jacket shoved in my messanger bag. And don't forget the sunglasses!

lauramaynot
08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
My usual DL outfit is flip flops (unless I know it's going to rain or be super chilly, well, what we SoCali residents consider chilly lol) jeans, a polo shirt and a light track jacket shoved in my messanger bag. And don't forget the sunglasses!

Shoes are the most important decision you make wardrobe wise (I suppose if your prone to chaffing pants would top them ;) ) NEVER wear a pair of new shoes. I wear slippers (flipflops, thongs, etc.) too because I have a pair that are almost two years old and very comfy. Avoid the rubber kind because they tend to rub the top of your feet raw. DD did this once and she had to ride in a stroller all afternoon. LOL!

CariBelle
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I wear slippers (flipflops, thongs, etc.) too because I have a pair that are almost two years old and very comfy. Avoid the rubber kind because they tend to rub the top of your feet raw. DD did this once and she had to ride in a stroller all afternoon. LOL!

I always wear flip flops because I never wear real shoes, if I try to wear shoes all day my feet are killing me lol

lauramaynot
08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I always wear flip flops because I never wear real shoes, if I try to wear shoes all day my feet are killing me lol

Me too. My mom was always gathering my shoes and socks from garbage cans when I was a toddler. As soon as I learned to take them off she couldn't keep them on me. When I rained a ton this spring I was in my flip flops and I was glad because I never had wet socks the whole time!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I heart, when you going back to disneyland ? I hear the end of the year? will you be coming in April :)

I am going again in October! WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Whittibo
08-21-2005, 05:07 AM

Do you know about the Character Warehouse Store? You get GREAT deals there on Disneyland merchandise. I always take my family there to shop BEFORE we hit DL stores. That way, they find things cheap, and they are happy, and so am I.

Go to this site http://www.ams-liquidation.com/ and go to STORES, there's one in Fullerton, it's just down Harbor a few miles (maybe 10 if I had to guess?) and it's on the right hand side. But it's a straight shot, you just stay on Harbor! I have bought nice big sweatshirt pull-overs for as little as $8 when they sell for $39! You can't beat the prices.

munchkinsmom0003
08-21-2005, 02:32 PM
OK this sounds lame but ever since I can remember, I've always had this weird thing about picking out my clothes that I'm gonna wear to go to Disneyland. It's part of the whole "countdown" for me. In other words, I don't just get up on the day and slap on whatever -- I have to have it "pre-ordained" LOL All right so anyone else do this?

I do this for my children. To make it easy for myself, I put each of their outfits (shirt, pants/shorts, socks, underwear) into a gallon size ziploc bag so that in the AM when we're quickly scrambling to get ready, all I have to do is pull out a ziploc bag for my DD and DS and have them put it on. Quick and easy! :)

tlovesdis
08-21-2005, 02:37 PM
You are not alone! We leave in 55 days and I already have a few items of clothing in my suitcase so that I do not wear them before the trip! My DH thinks I am psycho!!!!

vangrizz
08-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Go to this site http://www.ams-liquidation.com/ and go to STORES

Whittibo thank you so much for that link. I knew about the Fullerton store but I never realized that there was one in Las Vegas. I've been to that Mall with my wife countless times but we've never wandered over to the Annex.

Thanks again!!!

ToursbabeC3po
08-21-2005, 03:33 PM
No I can't say I do this at Disneyland because we go so much that we don't care what we wear but we do have outfits picked out for this Sunday but that is a special day ;)
When I go to WDW I make sure I pack warm clothes because we normally go in January and it is cooled!!!! But the parks are dead so it is great!!!
Toursbabe

BWthespian
08-21-2005, 04:32 PM
you guys....im abstaining once again from disneyland and yall are really tempting me to go lol

tlovesdis
08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
When I go to WDW I make sure I pack warm clothes because we normally go in January and it is cooled!!!! But the parks are dead so it is great!!!
Toursbabe

I am so glad to hear this! My two cousins I are planning a Jan 2007 trip to WDW and we hate the heat and crowds so I think we picked a good time to go!!!

SuefromRI
08-21-2005, 07:08 PM
When we plan a trip the first clothing I ask the kids about is if they have enough underwear and socks that fit for all the days, cuz I don't want to take the time for laundry. Our 2 trips to CA were for 10 and 11 days. I'd rather go to Walmart and stock up on cheap (Hanes or FOL) underwear and socks than worry about new clothing for me, I just want to be comfortable. New shoes sould be worn in first before going to the parks. I don't know how you guys walk around all day in flip flops. I know DL doesn't involve as much walking as WDW, but my then 19 yr old daughter wore her slide sandles one day to MK and then to AK and pulled a muscle or something in her calf and she couldn't get around EPCOT at all, and we had to rent a wheel chair for her at US & IOA cuz the strain was so bad. Since then, only sneakers allowed, plus you don't have to worry about them falling off on the roller coasters. The day we went to Knott's she forgot to change shoes after rushing to get breakfast before it closed, so in the parking lot I gave her my sneakers and socks and returned to the Candy Cane to get hers, rather than take a chance with sandals all day.

Disney4Me
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
You are not alone! We leave in 55 days and I already have a few items of clothing in my suitcase so that I do not wear them before the trip! My DH thinks I am psycho!!!!

my sons SIL is going in 40 days and has hers packed too. And yes her DH thinks she is a little wacky. :D