PDA

View Full Version : Splash delay is confirmed

zerodahero
02-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Someone who works on Splash told me today that the opening has been delayed to may 26. let's see what they come up with.

DisneylandKid
02-21-2002, 05:22 AM
I can't believe this! Splash Mountain is super busy in winter... I can't imagine what it will be like in the beginning of the warmer season! May 26--- I would've guessed the end of April at the latest!

Deep breath... I don't even like Splash Mtn...

ionfreeway
02-21-2002, 05:56 AM
wonderful, we actually rescheduled our trip around the schedule so that Splash would be open for at least a couple of the days we were there. now, it won't be open at all and we're going to be there during a busier time than we had planned.

Brown Monkey
02-21-2002, 07:50 AM
Ok, Disneyland is delaying the re-opening of Splash Mountain. They also delayed the opening of Haunted Mansion. And the Carousel is out till who knows when. Not even just rides, but alot of areas of Disneyland are going through rehab. Nowadays, I get scared to see an attraction go down for rehab cause you never know when you'll see it open again! If ever! Remember Rocket Rods? Hopefully Superstar Limo isn't in the same situation. And why are they doing the rehabs all at once??

These delays are all due to the fact that massive work needs to be done to save these rides after the years of neglect that they have gone through. Just look at Tom Sawyer Island? (And are they going to refurbish this place, or what?) It's sad.

Anyway, it's not like I don't appreciate them finally addressing these issues and fixing problems, but it makes me wonder; what took Disney so long to realize that these attractions were in need of such desperate repair? One answer: simple ignorance! And I blame the people who's job it is to make sure that these things don't happen because it means that they aren't doing their job! And I just hope that this wake up call will help Disney to do better in the future to make sure that their rides are constantly maintained and kept fresh, instead of having to keep them CLOSED months at a time.

Ace
02-21-2002, 04:28 PM
sorry.... but I seriously hope you are mistaken. I might be going the 27th... and I NEED my splash mountain...

ishthroat
02-21-2002, 08:50 PM
May 26th? Yepeee! Thats my birthday!

Mouse
02-21-2002, 09:02 PM
:( March 23 is my birthday (old reopen time would have been perfect...)

Today was really hot (in Irvine at least) I bet a lot of people were missing splash today at Disneyland. Instead they probably had to get their hands wet from the water fall on Big Thunder, play in the wave thing (oh wait...isn't that closed), get overly aggressive with paddling the canoes or have water fights while on the Pirates, Small World or Storybook.

TP2000
02-23-2002, 10:49 PM
They can't have water fights on Pirates right now, it's closed for refurbishment until March 22nd.

I'm not kidding.

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Ok... so she wasn't there today anyway. But I bet it was boiling in Anehiem, oddly it got a bit chilly tonight so we had a fire.:)

disneynut
02-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TP2000
They can't have water fights on Pirates right now, it's closed for refurbishment until March 22nd.

I'm not kidding.

:D :D LOL

What isn't closed for refurbishment? :(

blusilva
02-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Brown Monkey
what took Disney so long to realize that these attractions were in need of such desperate repair? One answer: simple ignorance!

I repectfully disagree. I don't think it's "ignorance" at all. I think the powers that be are well aware that these attractions have been in need of regular maintanance all along. They've simply decided that it isn't conducive to turning a profit.

And I blame the people who's job it is to make sure that these things don't happen because it means that they aren't doing their job! And I just hope that this wake up call will help Disney to do better in the future to make sure that their rides are constantly maintained and kept fresh, instead of having to keep them CLOSED months at a time.

Unless the closures are radically affecting the number of non-APs coming in the front gates, I have real doubts that they care all that much. Cutting the costs of operating the park is their job lately, and they've been doing it with glee. I just have to wonder if in the long-run, by cutting down on the regular maintanance, they've just added whopping losses they didn't expect to see in this year's reports, in terms of materials, extra shifts, etc. And this rumored redesign of the ride vehicles can't be making the accountaneers happy at all.

Perhaps it's all a grand scheme to force the locals and APs into DCA....hmmmmmmmm?