PDA

View Full Version : Imagination to Celebration Tour ages?

markarkaymat
08-19-2005, 02:47 PM
:confused: We will be going to Disneyland and I was wondering if you don't recommend the Imagination to celebration tour for small children (the "not recommended for small children" is posted on the disney website for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour). Our DD will be 15 months old. I was thinking that my husband and I could go on the tour and have my parents watch DD then have them hand her off to us when we get to the priority seating area for the parade. Do you think fellow tour mates would mind the extra body (she would be seated on our laps, not physiclly taking up an extra chair)?

Malcon10t
08-19-2005, 02:56 PM
:confused: We will be going to Disneyland and I was wondering if you don't recommend the Imagination to celebration tour for small children (the "not recommended for small children" is posted on the disney website for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour). Our DD will be 15 months old. I was thinking that my husband and I could go on the tour and have my parents watch DD then have them hand her off to us when we get to the priority seating area for the parade. Do you think fellow tour mates would mind the extra body (she would be seated on our laps, not physiclly taking up an extra chair)?Its usually not an issue. The main reason they dont recommend it for small children is to a 3-8yo, its very boring. We were on a tour where there was a 7yo, and the poor kid was bored and whiney the whole time. Let the Tour person know ahead of time and they will make sure there is an extra snack at the parade time. If you think your child wouldn't be fussy, take her with you. If it will slow you down, just meet up with them at the parade.

scoobygang7144
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
what exactly is the imagination to celebration tour?

markarkaymat
08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Its usually not an issue. The main reason they dont recommend it for small children is to a 3-8yo, its very boring. We were on a tour where there was a 7yo, and the poor kid was bored and whiney the whole time. Let the Tour person know ahead of time and they will make sure there is an extra snack at the parade time. If you think your child wouldn't be fussy, take her with you. If it will slow you down, just meet up with them at the parade.

:D Thanks for the info!! I wouldn't my DD to cause the tour to be not as enjoyable should she get fussy (which is why I want to leave her with my parents) but I did want her to benefit from the parade seating. I think I will sign up for the tour and have my parents watch her and meet up at the parade seating area (don't worry, I wouldn't try to get my parents in, just my DD). So if you happen to see me (and my DH) trying to bring our toddler into the seating area even though she wasn't on the tour, please gimme a break ;) it could have been worse, I could have brought her to fuss during the 3.5 hour tour :p

As far as I could find, the tour looks at 3 of the 5 decades. If you catch the morning tour you get 5 back door entry to rides, the mid tours you get 3 rides & priority seating to the parade, and the last tour you get 3 rides & priority seating to the fireworks (although I read the seating for the fireworks is a disappointment). Maybe someone who took the tour can fill you in better. If not, try doing a search, it is also referred to as the 50th tour (or something like that).

scoobygang7144
08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
sounds fun. thanks!

Niwel
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
what exactly is the imagination to celebration tour?

Enjoy! http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050512avp.htm

scoobygang7144
08-19-2005, 11:10 PM
thanks, Niwel. That is something i might want to consider doing when i go next year. how far in advance do you have to make reservations?

TowerofTerror
08-19-2005, 11:11 PM
it sounds good to me so just check it out

Niwel
08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
thanks, Niwel. That is something i might want to consider doing when i go next year. how far in advance do you have to make reservations?

Usually the earliest you can make a reservation is 30 days in advance... The tour isn't advertised as much as others, so it might not be as difficult to make reservations as it is for other things at the resort.