PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's footsteps tour

kimc0486
08-19-2005, 10:43 AM
I am looking for info on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. I've search MP for it and only seem to come up with compare/contrast with the 50th tour. I was just wondering what exactly it is that you do, how long, what do you get for lunch, what time its offered and if it is worth it. Thanks!

Tink56
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I am looking for info on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. I've search MP for it and only seem to come up with compare/contrast with the 50th tour. I was just wondering what exactly it is that you do, how long, what do you get for lunch, what time its offered and if it is worth it. Thanks!

Here is the info from the Disneyland website:
A Walk in Walt's Footsteps
Take a guided tour through Disneyland® park to fully understand the vision, challenges, hard work and excitement that went into creating everything we associate with the name, and the man, Walt Disney.
Lots of fun facts and trivia
A ride on the Disneyland Railroad
A unique visit to Disneyland® park's first attraction featuring Audio-Animatronics® Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
A peek at the lobby of the exclusive Club 33, open to members only
A private lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery, originally designed as Roy and Walt Disney's private apartment
An exclusive, collectible "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" pin
Tour Length: Tours are approximately 3.5 hours
Price Info: $49 for all ages
Additional Information
Valid Disneyland® park admission is required.
This tour is not recommended for small children.
For information on this and other tour experiences at the Disneyland® Resort in Southern California, please contact Disneyland® Resort Guest Information at (714) 781-7290†.

There have been several MPers who have reviewed both this tour and the 50th - if you do a search, they should pop up.

Mark Mywords
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
We took it in June. My Mother-In-Law treated myself and my wife to the tour as a birthday gift!

If I remember correctly, It's about 3 1/2 hours long. It basically is a mix of "History" of both Disneyland and Walt Disney. Your first stop is the Main Street Firehouse (below Walt's apartment). Your last stop is the terrace of the Disney Gallery (which was originally designed to be a newer, larger apartment for Walt and Lillian)for lunch.

Highlights include :
Some private time (just your tour group) in the Tiki Room to discuss the history of the attraction

A "Sneak-peak" inside Club 33 (downstairs entrance area)

A ride on one of Walt's beloved steam trains

as well as "Historic" flavored tours of Adventureland, NOS, Frontierland, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

Lunch
- While the surroundings were very memorable, I don't remember what was served. Sandwiches, I think. We had the vegetarian selection. Dessert escapes me also, I think it might have been cheesecake.

We really enjoyed it! If you have any interest in the Historical aspects of Disneyland, I highly recommend it!

cwhit45
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I took the tour in December. It wa really good. But going into the lobby of Club 33 was my favorite.

Malcon10t
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I took the tour in December. It wa really good. But going into the lobby of Club 33 was my favorite.It was our favorite part too. And the sandwiches were turkey (EXCELLENT) and the dessert was a slice of cheesecake.

kohl
08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
We took the tour last April with my parents and my two kids (7 and 9).
My kids even enjoyed the tour. They jult love to hear all about how Walt made Disneyland.
For lunch, I know they did not have any kids options. I can't remember everything, but they had a Hawaiian chicken salad sandwich on a crossiont. Other sandwiches and a Greek salad with feta cheese. They gave everyone a cheesecake just like the size they sell in the Main Street Bakery. The cheesecake was soooooooo good!!!!!
We haven't taken the 50th tour, but we all enjoyed The Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour.

RStar
08-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Do they still have an AP discount?

I took the 50th tour (The very first one!) and liked it, but this one sounds even better. My mom didn't go on most of the rides on the 50th one, but this one has no limitations to it.

kimc0486
08-22-2005, 08:46 AM
I booked my tour yesterday and the guy on the phone said that I need to go to guest services to pick up my tour ticket the day of. Is that outside of the park?? Where if it is? Thanks!

Camthalio
08-22-2005, 09:29 AM
I booked my tour yesterday and the guy on the phone said that I need to go to guest services to pick up my tour ticket the day of. Is that outside of the park?? Where if it is? Thanks!
I booked last week, but I was told that they are going to give me the tickets at the hotel when I check in. I have another question! The tour is on 9.00 am but the park opens at 10.00 am. Meeting point is on Main Street, but how can I get in when Disneyland isn´t open?

oregontraveler
08-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I booked last week, but I was told that they are going to give me the tickets at the hotel when I check in. I have another question! The tour is on 9.00 am but the park opens at 10.00 am. Meeting point is on Main Street, but how can I get in when Disneyland isn´t open?
I believe you have to park in the DTD lot and either show your ticket at the gate or let them know you are on the first tour. The guest service window is on the left hand side of the DL gates, there is a sign-up cart next to city hall.

Leash81
09-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is an AP or AAA discout for Walt's tour?

kohl
09-10-2005, 08:28 AM
When we took the tour last April we got an AP discount. I think it was 20% off, but I can't remember.

febee114
09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
The AAA discount is 20%. And I was wondering if you could take video of the tour?

UncleGDogWord
09-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Also you can get a discount on the 50th Tour by using your Visa card, because I guess they won't give you one if you use American Express. Visa it is everywhere, so deal with it!

My wife and I had a excellent Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. There was only 4 in the tour total and we got have a intimate great tour. Highlight for me was a special Tiki Room visit where we got to listen to a very professional break down of the show by the one and only Maynor. He was great and we also got to see the supped up laptop that controls the whole show.

We are taking the 50th Tour on Sunday with the prime fireworks seats.

Leaving on Wednesday for a 6 day stay at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom with stops in Bakersfield, In and Out by Six Flags, the Park Place Inn and Mickey's Toon Town. ALL ABOARD!

Leash81
09-10-2005, 04:26 PM
The AAA discount is 20%. And I was wondering if you could take video of the tour?

Sorry but I don't have a video camera. :crying: I will take some digital pics though and try to post them when we get back. Thanks for the info though.

Crazy4Mickey
09-12-2005, 09:01 AM

When we took the tour in December we met right outside to the left of the gates. We then went in the gates as a group. It was kind of nice to know you were in Disneyland before anyone else. Which also made for some great shots of Main Street with nobody else there!

Our tour was a little different though, as the tiki room was closed. So instead we got a private ride on the Jungle cruise and learned a little history on that. It was also a little rainy out so we ate lunch in the Golden Horseshoe instead of on the Gallery balcony. Just another chance to watch Billy Hill. :)

We also had quite the experience for the rope drop also. As we were in early our tour guide took us down to the partners statue and we go to take pictures of the castle with nobody in them. Then we turned around and watched them do the rope drop and from the statue. It was really neat to see everyone come "walking not running" towards you to all the different lands. :) I don't know if this was just something our guide did or a regular part of the tour, but definitely a great experience. I would suggest the tour to any Disney enthusiasts!!

cstephens
09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
When we took the tour in December we met right outside to the left of the gates.

Since the opening of the Guided Tour building (next to City Hall), tours meet there now, and you check in with a CM inside the Guided Tour building and then wait in the adjacent Tour Gardens (where the AAA kiosk is).

Crazy4Mickey
09-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Since the opening of the Guided Tour building (next to City Hall), tours meet there now, and you check in with a CM inside the Guided Tour building and then wait in the adjacent Tour Gardens (where the AAA kiosk is).

Thanks I hadn't heard that. I'll have to look for that when I am there in a few weeks. When did that open up? Can you get to that from outside of the gates? If I remember correctly the reason we met where we did is because the Walk in Walt's Footsteps started before the gates opened.

CariBelle
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Leaving on Wednesday for a 6 day stay at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom with stops in Bakersfield, In and Out by Six Flags, the Park Place Inn and Mickey's Toon Town. ALL ABOARD!

We here in Bakersfield are having some nice weather (for once!) s your stop should be enjoyable :)

cstephens
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks I hadn't heard that. I'll have to look for that when I am there in a few weeks. When did that open up? Can you get to that from outside of the gates? If I remember correctly the reason we met where we did is because the Walk in Walt's Footsteps started before the gates opened.

I can't remember when the Guided Tour building opened, but it was earlier this year. I'm thinking late Spring/early Summer? No, you can't get to it from the gates. We had a 9am tour on Sunday when the park opened at 9am. When we got there at 8:45, the gates were already open, so that wasn't a problem. I had asked the previous week about how that all was going to work. Sometimes, the main gate and Main Street are open half an hour before official park opening. In cases where it's not, the CM assured me that they would wait for tour guests to arrive.