PDA

View Full Version : Least busiest times this Fall/Winter! Help please!

disneyland addict13
08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
My family and I really would love to see Disneyland all dressed up for the holidays AND during the 50th. We're thinking of going either sometime in November or early December. What are the least busiest times of those months? Thank you so much to anyone who can help. (I do realize that Disneyland is ALWAYS busy)

Mommy2NicknMax
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
The second week in December is when I go. It's very nice during that time. The only thing to look out for is Cast Member parties. During those nights the park closes early.

SteveK
08-19-2005, 10:03 AM
My family and I really would love to see Disneyland all dressed up for the holidays AND during the 50th. We're thinking of going either sometime in November or early December. What are the least busiest times of those months? Thank you so much to anyone who can help. (I do realize that Disneyland is ALWAYS busy)

The first couple of weeks of November are good but avoid Thanksgiving break. The next couple of weeks after Thanksgiving are pretty light up until the week or so before Christmas. Because of the 50th celebration, things may be busier than previous years even during these "slower" times...only time will tell.
-Steve

Rivergallery
08-19-2005, 10:27 AM
I noticed when planning just recently that airfare from where I live jumps the 17th of November.
Also only DLH was available on-site.
So check those things out too :)
Have fun!

h_lehmann
08-19-2005, 05:56 PM
If you want to see the "Remember..." 50th anniversary fireworks (high recommended, in my opinion), they're being scaled back to only Fridays and Saturdays starting in early September. I don't know if they'll be playing more frequently during the Thanksgiving/Christmas periods.
In general, the first couple of weeks of December are very slow at the Park, but beware of the last two weeks of December, it's a zoo then.

hdlzx2
08-19-2005, 08:22 PM
and how about the days just prior to Thanksgiving?

SammiStitch
08-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm in college and am willing to take some days off to go to Disneyland, but not too many, does anyone know if on Martin Luther King Day DL gets packed.
_Love Disney, Hate Rude People.

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I personally have never been on MLK day, but my friends went last year & said it was not crowded, at all. I was telling them days before that it would be totally crowded & they'd regret going. Well it wasn't. It was really a great day & the most they waited in line was maybe 15 minutes she said. So maybe it is because some schools have it off & some don't? Or maybe people think it will be busy & avoid it? Or maybe people are just getting their credit card statements from Christmas...I don't know. But yes, I had 2 friends that went last year and had a GREAT day!

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 06:02 PM
As for days prior to Thanksgiving...2 years in a row we went the Tuesday & Weds before Turkey Day. It was really great! It was like a week day off season. I enjoye dit & last minute Paradise Pier had $99 rooms (both years). ow we stayed through Thanksgiving and BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Thanksgiving Day was a ZOO! Oh my gosh...night & day! Everyone was checking in Thursday morning it seemed like. So I'd avoid Thanksgiving like the plague! But, days right before were great!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun.........

myeager
08-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the pre-TG information shawnarae. We will be there 11/19-11/26 and when I saw the extended hours for that week I thought we were in for huge crowds.

We don't plan to visit on TG day, but the day after will be our last chance and my boys (4 and 7) will probably want one last day in the park. Is that day busy since everyone is off school/work?

ImTinkerbellsFan
08-28-2005, 07:26 AM

I'm going 12/4 to 12/10 and the crowds are pretty light. I went the same time last year and it was great! :D