PDA

View Full Version : Need bus help from So. Californians!

kimc0486
08-19-2005, 09:32 AM
I will be in DL sept 12th-19th and have a few questions about the buses. I have been on mta.net and octa.net using their trip planner to get routes from out hotel Parkside Inn and Suites (1830 s. west street, anaheim) to Huntington Beach pier (which I have been able to find) What I have not been able to find is ANY bus on ANY day to Bolsa Chica State Beach Tower 18. I know a few weeks back I could, but for the life of me I cannot now. Does anyone know of any bus (or something i'm doing wrong on Trip Planner?) B.C. is only 2.5 miles south of HB, I'd think there was a bus, but maybe I'm wrong? We are taking surfing lessons at Bolsa Chica on a Saturday and need to be there by 11 am. If it comes to it i'll take a bus to HB and cab to Bolsa Chica. But would rather not.

Also, we are going to an Angels game leaving from either DL or are hotel. I cant find a bus there, or I'm using the wrong address. How much would a cab ride cost to the stadium from DL? Better then a bus? THANKS!!!! I have spent over TWO HOURS on the bus site! I cant do it anymore!! Thanks again. :D

tod
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Also, we are going to an Angels game leaving from either DL or are hotel. I cant find a bus there, or I'm using the wrong address. How much would a cab ride cost to the stadium from DL? Better then a bus? THANKS!!!! I have spent over TWO HOURS on the bus site! I cant do it anymore!! Thanks again. :D

Mapquest says that Angels Stadium is 2.6 miles from Disneyland, so a cab ride shouldn't cost much.

--t

Mrs. Newseditor44
08-19-2005, 09:49 AM
The trip planner on both the MTA and OCTA site are linked. You could call 1-800-commute and they could give you better information if you are having problems with the site. These people give out bus/transit info every hour of every day so I am sure they are quite familiar with the location/time/etc of every bus, train, etc.

Have you also checked witht he city of Anaheim. They have shuttles that run near the resort. I am not sure but maybe they might have a shuttle that goes near the stadium. That time table would not be under trip planner.

Wishful
08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
This page has a phone number to the beach:
http://www.wherela.com/OC/oc_ATlist_beaches.html

This one has more info also, but no transportation info that I could find, but there may be a link that I overlooked.
http://www.stockteam.com/bolsa.html

SCUBAbe
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
hmmm...I I have never been on a bus in california...well, once in elementry school we went on a school bus to DL. While we were in the park having fun the driver was at the hotel bar having fun....it was a scary trip back....I think they have schedules online.

ToursbabeC3po
08-19-2005, 09:35 PM
(714) 636-RIDE (OCTA)

Toursbabe

Stupid_American
08-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Last year, from the cab drivers waiting outside the Anaheim Stadium Amtrak station, I was quoted $10 to Disneyland.