PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan my trip please!

LilysMom2003
08-19-2005, 07:48 AM
We'll be arriving on Monday, December 5 and leaving on Tuesday, December 6. We're spending the night at DGC and plan to spend both days in the parks. Hopefully we'll arrive really early on Monday and leave after closing on Tuesday. So, what should we do. I was planning on getting the two-day park hopper passes. How should we split our time between the two parks...I've never been to DCA. Guess I should add that we'll have our 2 year old daughter as well.

Also, I read that they're only doing fireworks on Fridays and Saturdays after Labor Day...is this true? We went on a Sunday last December and they had fireworks....after the Holiday Parade. What should I expect as far as parades and fireworks. I was REALLY looking forward to the new fireworks!

TIA!

tlovesdis
08-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Not to spoil your trip or anything, but those two days will probably be the Cast member parties so Disneyland will only be open both days from 10-6! DCA will have the same hours. We were there last year at that time. We got there at 9:30 each morning and stayed in the parks all day. Downtown Disney will be quite busy since DL closes so early. We ended up ordering room service from our hotel because the wait times were almost 2 hours at most places. I think everyone from DL went to DTD!!!

As for your trip, just arrive a 1/2 hour before opening and try to do as much as you can. There probably won't be fireworks on those days, but you never know!

Have fun!

Hakuna Makarla
08-19-2005, 08:28 AM
relax hon, you will have a great time!! just be there early, go to space mountain first and get fast passes then go on another ride or two then head back over to space mountain. ( I hope you like this ride :) its suposed to be awsome) Any ways do what you can in disneyland before it gets real bad, then head over to DCa and do ther rides there.you can do parent switch and you ride then her ride and each of you have baby while the other one rides. This seems to work great for parents. If not go on the rides with baby in disneyland . Always go to fantasy land first thing in the morning if you want to do just rides that baby can go on with you. this place gets to packed real fast so if you do not want to do the major rides and go alone while you or hubby holds baby then go to fantasy land right away and do all those rides first.
Most of all have fun and relax, you may not be able to do all you want in those 2 days but you will be able to enjoy walking around and making a note of what you want the next time you go.
my first time I went I could not do hardly anything, I was confused and we did not get to do what we thought we could, my son was not cooperating and so we had a misreble time. I went in April and the sweetest people ever took me under there wing and I did everything i set out to do (Mukta, darkbeer,lisa,and coasterchickie) made sure I did and I am so grateful to them to this day!!
I am going back in april to do a few of the things I did not get in, the turkey legs, the honey popcorn, gagets gogo coaster, space mountain and block pary bask etc.
I have found you can not do it all at once, and if you are really into seeing disney at its best, to relax and take it slow and acually enjoy instead of hurrying to do it all. I am excited for you hon, HAve the best time and please take lots of pictures and let us know how it was ok. GOD BLESS **Karla

hookem59
08-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Have you considered using RIDEMAX software to help develop a plan? You can customize it depending on your planned arrival time and any breaks (shows, fireworks, etc.) you want to take, and it could help you make sure you see what you want to see. I know it's a little TOO organized for some people, but it will at least give you a plan to deviate from!

PS-I don't have anything to do with RIDEMAX, but I have used it.

lauramaynot
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Have you considered using RIDEMAX software to help develop a plan? You can customize it depending on your planned arrival time and any breaks (shows, fireworks, etc.) you want to take, and it could help you make sure you see what you want to see. I know it's a little TOO organized for some people, but it will at least give you a plan to deviate from!

PS-I don't have anything to do with RIDEMAX, but I have used it.

I second ridemax it is awesome for first-timers or haven't-been-in-whilers. Even if you don't follow the itenerary exactly it gives you an idea of where to start and what to do. I also agree with Hakuna Makarla get the FP for the ride you want to do the most first. Then we usually start in the farthest corner of the park (critter country) and work our way out and around ending up in tommorowland. last week we didn't use our SM FP until well after 7pm. anyway that's how I do it and I usually can ride just about every ride in the park this way in just one day and a few in DCA on the way out (by getting FP in the morning to soarin and river rapids before going into DL) But since you have two days and want to do both parks I would say do DL the first day the second day start in DL since it opens first and do whatever you didn't do the first day and pick up FP's for whatever you want to do again and Roger Rabbit and then go into DCA when it opens. Whenyou run out of things to do at DCA or when the park closes (which ever comes first) go back to DL and use the FP you got that morning. Darkbeer has some great info on using FP to the fullest. HAVE FUN!! :D

lauramaynot
08-19-2005, 11:25 AM
PS - I forgot if you aren't so set on seeing the nighttime shows (Though if you havent seen fantasmic! or the new fireworks show they are highly recommended) don't underestimate the power of the shows!! usually ride lines are much shorter during those times.

LilysMom2003
08-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I just typed a huge response and it got deleted...hate that!

Anyway, I should be a bit more specific. We live in SD and have been to Disneyland numerous times. My daughter (who isn't 2 yet) had been to DL twice. Her third visit (this December) is for her second birthday. Here are more specific questions.

1. She's really into characters (like Mickey, Minnie..not the princesses). Is there a character breakfast/lunch that she's really enjoy? We've never done one. Also, I read about something you can do...with a cake maybe...for their birthday. Is this worth it?

2. Is there any way to find out when the cast parties are? We NEVER spend the night when we go to DL because we live fairly close. I just don't want to feel rushed and I want both full days to do both parks. If they're going to close early, I'd rather save my money and go on another day!

3. What about parades and fireworks? Any way to know what they'll have? My daughter LOVED the holiday parade last year so I know she'll want to see some sort of parade. I'm dying to see the 50th fireworks but it looks like that's out?

We decided to go on a Monday-Tuesday in hopes that the crowds will be less but it seems like it's almost not worth it those days. What do you all think?

tlovesdis
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
The dates of the CM parties won't be released for a while. They haven't even posted October hours yet (which I am patiently waiting for!!!)! Once the hours for December are posted you will know if those are the dates! I'm almost 100% confident those will be the dates. The CM parties and the early closures have always been the first Monday & Tuesday of December. Normally DL only stays open until 8pm during the week at that time so you are only missing out on 2 hours. I think you will be fine going those days. We were there and did everything we wanted to do. They did have the Christmas Parade during the day both of those days and there were fireworks.

Susan L
08-19-2005, 01:22 PM

Anyway, I should be a bit more specific. We live in SD and have been to Disneyland numerous times. My daughter (who isn't 2 yet) had been to DL twice. Her third visit (this December) is for her second birthday. Here are more specific questions.

1. She's really into characters (like Mickey, Minnie..not the princesses). Is there a character breakfast/lunch that she's really enjoy? We've never done one. Also, I read about something you can do...with a cake maybe...for their birthday. Is this worth it?

2. Is there any way to find out when the cast parties are? We NEVER spend the night when we go to DL because we live fairly close. I just don't want to feel rushed and I want both full days to do both parks. If they're going to close early, I'd rather save my money and go on another day!

3. What about parades and fireworks? Any way to know what they'll have? My daughter LOVED the holiday parade last year so I know she'll want to see some sort of parade. I'm dying to see the 50th fireworks but it looks like that's out?

We decided to go on a Monday-Tuesday in hopes that the crowds will be less but it seems like it's almost not worth it those days. What do you all think?

Here are some suggestions:

1. Toontown is the best place to see Mickey and Minnie. Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH is a good place for a Character meal. If you want a birthday cake with your meal call 714-300-PLAN, they can help with planning for your daughter's birthday celebration, cake and party favors.

2. I haven't got a clue.

3. Mouse padder Darkbeer is a good source for this kind of info. Keep checking the boards.

I think if you really want to see the shows you might want to consider the weekend. Is there anyway possible you can squeeze in another day for your trip?

Malcon10t
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM

We decided to go on a Monday-Tuesday in hopes that the crowds will be less but it seems like it's almost not worth it those days. What do you all think?I am about 95% certain they will not have fireworks during that timeframe. We have friends that go during that time frame each year, and there are no fireworks, Fantasmic, or lines. They do have all of the preceding on the Friday (they will also have the Candlelight Processional sometime in that frame - Its a Fri and Sat thing.) They will usually have the parade just before closing. Last year, the week of Dec 2, the park closed at 6p Mon-Thur. and at 10 on Friday.

Hakuna Makarla
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM

whererdo you live? south dakota? SD?
if so you said you do not spend the night as you live close? ok, I am a bit slow here LOL!

Mukta
08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
whererdo you live? south dakota? SD?
if so you said you do not spend the night as you live close? ok, I am a bit slow here LOL!

I think she means San Diego, Karla ;)

Hakuna Makarla
08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I think she means San Diego, Karla ;)

ha ha ha I am such a old fart LOL! ok, my schooling isn;t great either. Sorry lillys mom :D

thank you Mukta LOL! I am a ditz but lovable :)

LilysMom2003
08-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Yes, I live in San Diego...South Dakota would be a bit of a drive from Disneyland! :)

Anyway, I'm still playing with dates here. Thanks again for all of your responses!