PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaack! (soon with pictures!) (long!)

Pages : [1] 2

Vegitabeta
08-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Hey everyone! I just got back on Wednesday nite. We had a great time, however I will not be writing a trip report as I didn't keep a check of what happened on what days etc. As for the '(soon with pictures)' title, I've uploaded all our digital photos-all 898 of them that is-and now I just need a good online photo account thingy, any suggesstions? Also, maybe one of those kind mods could change the title of the thread to ‘(now with pictures)’ when I put them on? You never know…

Anyhoo, back to the trip. We each had a 5 day park hopper and we were on vacation for about 8 full days. We also had a 2 day ticket each for Universal Studios, but we only spent a day there because it cost too much to get a bus there! We also had a tour of Beverley Hills, Hollywood and stuff. I saw Johnny Depp's house! (from a distance :D). We also went to the Beverley Center (note how I'm spelling most things the American way :p ) and I got something I've wanted for a long time...a little brown bag from Bloomingdales. Two little brown bags actually, both different from eachother though. As for Hollywood, we weren't that impressed. It's always built up to be really glamorous and stuff but we didn't find it that way. We were dropped off at Mann's Chinese theater, and I had my photo taken with 'Michael Jackson' lol.

And now, back to Disney. I have a bad memory, but I believe that we went into Disneyland first before hitting California adventure...yeah that sounds about right. One of the first things we went to was the Enchanted Tiki Room. I have never seen this before because last time we were there is was closed for a refurb, and the one in Florida is not the original one anymore (but I do like that one). I must be honest, I was not expecting too much from this, I actually thought it would be, dare I say it on here...boring (ducks rotten fruit that a heard of Mousepadders have just thrown across the Atlantic). Now, stop throwing bad things at me, because I'm gonna tell you all that I enjoyed it. Really, I did. It was better than I originally thought. And on the subject of the Tiki Room, on the last full day we had at Disney (Monday) I got a long awaited...Dole Whip! :D :cool: It was very nice, so nice that my mam and dad went and got themselves one later in the day. I was so pleased that I had got one because last week I had waited in a long line to get one and then they ran out when I got to the front of the line almost :rolleyes: . Me and my dad, on another day, rode Space Mountain. Now before I go on, please don't throw anything. Ok, so my mam wouldn't go on 'cos she doesn't like rollercoasters, so I dragged my dad on (a brave soul). Anyhoo, cutting to the punchline, we didn’t think it was any better than the WDW one, in fact, we liked that one better. All I saw on this one was stars, I didn’t see any planets or anything. The only thing I liked about this was the fact that it was a fairly smooth ride.
Right what else did we do…Oh, the fireworks! One word-amazing! Usually I would just look forward at the Castle and that would be it,but this had me looking allover. I mean, there was fireworks all around the crowd and not just above the castle, that’s what made it so cool. I also loved how some of the fireworks were cubes, hearts and stars (we have a good photo of a cube firework). After the fireworks we went on Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters…oh, the fun! A bit annoyed though because I sent our photos home, I got the code, but the website won’t accept it. It’s a shame, because on one of the photos my mam was really getting into it, she was shooting with great accuracy! I didn’t know where it took your photo so I look a bit lost on mine lol.
We were also lucky enough to eat at the Blue Bayou :D . And yes, I got a mint julep! That was cool (there’s even a photo of that!). We didn’t have a waterside table but you could hear people on POTC screaming as they went down that first drop hehe. On the subject of Pirates, I got a talking Jack Sparrow and I love it! So much cheaper than buying it over here. And while I’m talking about NOS, I have to get a mention of ‘Le Bat En Rouge’ in. I am a very big NBC fan, but basically just a Jack Skellington fan. I got two t-shirts, some flip flops, a long sleeved top, $20 worth of black wrist band, a Jack plush, Sally, plush, a Scary Teddy plush, a beanie hat, a trucker hat, a pen, a bendy toy Jack, and a ring. But the ring snapped before I even wore it so it had to go back. I think that’s all I got in there…not a lot…
I’m going to move onto Universal Studios for a bit because I’ve gone blank on Disney lol. We booked a VIP Tours coach to get there and it took us about 50mins. First of all we went on the Studio Tram Tour. I thought it was great, much better than the Florida one. The War of the Worlds set was great, and we took lots of pictures of it. My mam is a fan of Desperate Housewives, and when we saw the houses from that she quite pleased. I was also impressed with the Grinch set, very Christmassy. We dropped into the Back to the Future Ride. We’ve been on the Florida one when I was ten and I bashed my head…ouch! Unluckily, on this one I hurt my neck somehow because I was straining it to stay upright and it hurt for the rest of the day. We didn’t ride Jurassic Park or the Mummy ride (too scared!). Speaking of being scared, we went into the Van Helsing: Fortress Dracula thing. It said on the map that it was sets from the movie, and I liked the movie so we wandered in. Big Mistake. You couldn’t just look at the sets, you were too busy edging around the room, watching out for things jumping out on you. Whilst in there, this Beetlejuice looking guy jumped out and touched my face, did it again in another room, and I got touched by a Werewolf (no, there was no full moon after that). I came out with a pounding heart, as did my mam. My dad was just like ‘that was good wasn’t it?!’ We obviously didn’t see the warning notices on the way in :rolleyes: We also visited Animal Planet Live. That was so cute! Shrek 4D was good too. Not as good as a Disney attraction but it was ok.
Back to Disney again (sorry for hopping about!). We went to DCA and watched Block Party Bash, expecting it to be a normal parade. It was kinda, but I didn’t think there were many floats, and it stopped for a long time. I was melting in the heat watching it and kinda hoping it would finish soon! Then Flik from a Bug’s Life took my hat off, threw it at my dad and put me in the parade with a load of other people, sooo embarrassing!
On the last nite we were at California Adventure, we saw the Electrical Parade. We’ve seen it so many times but it never gets old. There was this tiny baby watching it next to me, and its eyes were almost out on stalks! It was so cute lol, it didn’t even have hair! We also saw the Parade of dreams at Disneyland during the day. There was a lot of cool stuff there I thought. I liked the Pinocchio float a lot, that was different.
Another thing that I was pleased about concerning Disneyland is…wait for it…I got one of those 6 CD sets with the vinyl and everything. I thought that I wouldn’t find one but I did, and that’s where a large chunk of my money went.

Oh, and I got a tan :cool: .

Anyway, this is already too long, so if I think of anything else I’ll post it later. Thanks to anybody who actually bothers to read this! :)

Bernice xxx

Colin
08-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Hiya,

Glad you had a great time! I wanna go back, I am thinking maybe after I finish Uni in May next year I should fly back out before my AP expires and have another week there! Paris is great n all, but my last trip was such an Anti-Climax after my trip to California in June!!!

As for where to do your uploads, DLP.info has a new photo site you can upload photos too, I think the limits 50mb, but its easy to use, and if you shrink the photos you can get a fair few on there at a decent resolution. The URL is http://pp.mousekingdom.com If you've ever posted on the dlp.info forums (I think I have seen you on there possibly?) then you will already have an account, just click I forgot my password on the login screen, they had to give different passwords to the message board so it will email you a new password that you can then change :)

Hope this helps :)

C°o°lin

Drince88
08-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Glad you had a great time!

A few years back (ok, quite a few), my sister and I went to USH on a vacation to Southern California and somehow managed to see the previous incarnation of the Van Helsing: Fortress Dracula, which we thought was sets from the Mummy movie -- we didn't see any signs/etc either on what it REALLY was. I was NOT a happy camper when we finally got out of that.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

(And Colin, I think you SHOULD visit again while it's 'free' (well, except for the plane and hotel and food and 'stuff') :fez:

Colin
08-19-2005, 04:09 AM
(And Colin, I think you SHOULD visit again while it's 'free' (well, except for the plane and hotel and food and 'stuff') :fez:

Well, its the latter that cause the problems, the flight alone will be probably £400 lol Hotels are dead cheap in the USA, i'll stay in the Holiday Inn again at $60 a night, Bargain!!! I really do hope to be able to go again before my AP expires :)

C°o°lin

disney jones
08-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Weclome back!! Thanks for the report and i can't wait to see the pictures! :)

Hakuna Makarla
08-19-2005, 07:25 AM
yay!! your back!! sounds like an awsome time hon, I can not wait for the pictures!!!

Wendi
08-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Sounds like you had a fabulous time, I'm so glad you came and posted for us. I can't wait to see your pix. Oh, and I'm jealous of all your shopping at Le Bat En Rouge... my favorite!!!

Vegitabeta
08-19-2005, 09:07 AM
thanks Colin for giving me that site, but my pictures are too big. I really need something else, suggesstions anyone please?

disney jones
08-19-2005, 09:11 AM
i went with smugmug.com. it's not free, but you aren't restricted to picture size or web space.

Vegitabeta
08-19-2005, 09:13 AM
i went with smugmug.com. it's not free, but you aren't restricted to picture size or web space.

Sorry, I'm not willing to pay, my parents would go mad!

Osky
08-19-2005, 09:13 AM
I second smugmug. Great bandwidth and unlimited storage.

DisneyMomof2
08-19-2005, 10:24 AM
YaY Vegi's back... sounds like you had a great trip :D Hope to see some pics, sorry I have no advice about how to post them. I have my own issues with size, resizing and all that jibberish!

Welcome Back to MP!

ima_mickeyfan
08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
why don't you try www.snapfish.com

Vegitabeta
08-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if you have to pay for kodakgallery.com?

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2005, 08:37 AM
no, but snap fish is just as easy and also free :)

Vegitabeta
08-20-2005, 08:44 AM
no, but snap fish is just as easy and also free :)

Ok, I'll have a go!

Vegitabeta
08-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Ok I'm uploading some of them, but it's taking aaaages!

Some of them are blurry etc, you'll have to excuse them ;)

Vegitabeta
08-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, tell me if this doesn't work please (http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=27414850/t_=31080331)

potterphreak
08-20-2005, 11:22 AM
The link works, but it is asking for your email address and password. :-)

Vegitabeta
08-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Oh dear, how do I do it then?

Earkid
08-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh dear, how do I do it then?Another person posted her picks to Snapfish and posted her username and password as well so we could view them. I only recommend doing that if you want people to have full access to all your pics on that site.

I use photobucket, which is free and it is really easy to make an album on their site. You do have a limited amount of memory, I'm not sure how much. If your pics are large then that will take more of the bandwidth. Not sure if you will be able to upload 800+ pics. Maybe you could just select some of the best and upload those, that way it won't take so long. Good luck!

Vegitabeta
08-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Well I'll just give you them then, my e-mail is already on here. I'm not bothered about the password 'cos I just picked a random word :D . My email address is vegitabeta@hotmail.com and p/word is

passthepixiedust
08-21-2005, 10:03 AM
vegitabeta, I don't know if your aware, but now any of us could just go to hotmail and read all your email...... just letting you know..... you might want to delete your post......

Vegitabeta
08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
that isn't my password for hotmail tho!

passthepixiedust
08-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I dunno.... I didn't read all the previous posts, so I thought that you had saved your pics in your email or something and I logged into hotmail with your posted info and it took me to a hotmail account with 31 emails (as soon as I realized it wasn't just a hotmail account to see pics I exited) seriously, try to log in with that password and it works !

I guess if you haven't posted anything personal in there, it doesn't really matter, but I thought I should tell you.