PDA

View Full Version : DCA- Super Soaps

Pages : [1] 2

MouseWife
02-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Has anyone here heard about the Soap Opera Weekend that is happening over at DCA?

Anyone have any info on it?

Anyone going?

Nigel2
02-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Is it like what they did on fridays where soap stars would come and give autographs?:confused: :)

disneynut
02-20-2002, 10:12 PM
Or is it like the WDW soap opera trip? Haven't hear anything about it but I would be interested if someone else has....

MouseWife
02-21-2002, 05:34 AM
Well Nigel2, I didn't know that happened before. :(

disneynut~

Yes! It is supposed to be like it!! The 'West Coast' edition.

I didn't find any information on the ABC All My Children website but rather checked {since MousePlanet was down} the 'Pine Valley Bulletin', a site with information on AMC and its people.

If you go there you can check out what little information they have so far- under about town, or what ever the heading says 'where your favorites are appearing' {or something like that}.

Anywho, when I called, they asked me what soap I was interested in. AMC is for the weekend of April 6 & 7, 2002. There will be events both days kicking off with a breakfast at the Bistro Saturday morning hosted by characters {from the soap, not Disney!!!!}. That is an exclusive event that you can only go to if you purchase a package {so they told me} and stay at one of their 3 hotels. After breakfast, the celebs will be all over the 'back lot', I guess.

Let me know if you don't find the website, or if I can post the phone number.

MouseWife
02-21-2002, 05:53 AM
ALL MY CHILDREN - SUPER SOAP WEEKEND - WEST COAST!!!!!

The first ABC Super Soap Weekend held at Disney's California

Adventure in Anaheim, CA will be the weekend of April 6 and 7.

This is an ALL AMC event and will feature: Julia Barr (Brooke),

Rebecca Budig (Greenlee), John Callahan (Edmund), Amelia Heinle

(Mia), Elizabeth Hendrickson (Maggie), Finola Hughes (Anna),

Vincent Irizarry (David), Terri Ivens (Simone), Jill Larson (Opal),

Alicia Minshew (Kendall), J. Eddie Peck (Jake), Eden Riegel

(Bianca), Marcy Walker (Liza), Jack Scalia (Chris) and Walt Willey

(Jack). More information and more names coming soon!

disneynut
02-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Wow~they have some really big names. So, let me get this straight...each ABC soap is coming on their own individual weekend and in order to see them you need to purchase a package? I wonder when they will start advertising it on the dl site or soap opera digest...I haven't seen anything. I would love to find out if GH is coming and when. I've only been catching AMC once a month or so this past year. My husband was working out of the house and it wouldn't have looked good if I had my daytime lineup showing all day. :D He starts working out of the house again next week so I'll have to play catchup.

MouseWife
02-21-2002, 12:55 PM
I haven't seen any advertising except for on this Pine Valley Bulletin. I looked on the ABC site, might be the wrong one but they only mention the one that passed in November '01.

I don't know for sure about the different weekends. When I called to book, the clerk asked me which soap I watched and then she gave me those dates.

I would give them a call if you are really interested, once the breakfast {s} fill up then you can only go to the autograph signings during the days.

Brown Monkey
02-21-2002, 01:31 PM
I was reading an article on MouseInfo regarding this event. It will take place on three different weekends in April, with the casts of 4 different soap operas appearing each weekend. (The last weekend will have 2 casts). I think they include All My Children, General Hospital, Port Charles, and One Life To Live. They will not only appear at the Bistro, but at different areas throughout DCA. The events will include a casting call, with open auditions for anyone visiting the park that day. The winner will receive a walk-on role. Also included is a special "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" with the celebrities actually playing the game, and a live question and answer type of show where fans can ask anything they want. I guess that would be set up as something like a talk show. These events will of course take place on different weekends. I think it sounds like it will be alot of fun! Check out this web article if you want more info:

ABC Super Soap Weekends (http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=21402&page=1)

MouseWife
02-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the site, Brown Monkey!

That was really interesting information, I have not found that before. I will earmark it for future reference.

disneynut~

Good luck on the timing!!!

disneynut
02-21-2002, 08:21 PM
Brown Monkey~ Thanks for all the info.

MouseWife~ I'll let you know what happens. He hasn't flat out said no yet. :D

Nigel2
02-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Well what I was talking about was just a little free thing they had where you could get autographs from ABC soap stars.

disneynut
02-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I don't remember them doing that Nigel2--but then again that's not too surprising (suprising? better go check in on the february thread). Was it a promo thing when DCA first opened.

Nigel2
02-21-2002, 10:05 PM
No it wasn't a promo and I beleive it was towards the end of last year, fall I beleive.

MouseWife
02-22-2002, 05:29 AM
I think I remember reading on the site Brown Monkey
recommended that they did just 'drop by'.

I didn't see anything about it but I also never saw the Mouse Info site either.

disneynut~
So. He hasn't said no. Well, that is something. Maybe the timing would be better for G.H. as I understand that AMC is kicking it off.
Keep me posted!!!

Nigel2
02-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Well there was a "semi" promo they did. It was a sign that had a schedule of all the dates on it (fridays) and which stars would show up. It had the entire schedule on it (another cost cutting but effective method) and they did it in front of the Soap Opera Bistro.

MouseWife
02-24-2002, 03:43 PM
I am still so excited.

I keep telling my daughter 'We're going to do this, we're going to do that.'

I have my 25th anniversary book ready, just might bring it with me to have it autographed.

Does anyone know if they charge for pictures? I thought that I read that they were handing them out. I know most of the time they charge for them {8X10 glossy}.

mikala
03-03-2002, 11:19 AM
OK, yes we are big fans of AMC, so I had to find out the info. Here it is...each weekend is a selected soap opera. The first weekend being All My Children. The way this works is you have to reserve a package through Disneyland Resort Reservations..it goes something like this..

1 night accom at a Disney Resort Hotel
2 adult passes to CA Adventure
2 admission for breakfast at the Soap Opera Bistro

for close to 300.00

I know what you might ask...What if you have an annual pass, and live local....well the cm said that the only way to have the breakfast meet and greet is to buy the package. If you choose not to, then they will be signing autographs, pics etc. after the breakfast in the Hollywood Backlot. Obviously it will not be personal and will probably be moving people through and through like a herd. The only benefit I could think of for AP holders is if they need to renew they will get the credit from the tickets to apply toward the pass if it is bought that day.

Caio,
Mikala

MouseWife
03-04-2002, 05:25 PM
That $308. was for the Paradise Pier hotel accomadations.

I decided to upgrade to the Grand California.

Can anyone tell me about their 'bare bones' rooms?
I am sure the pictures are of their nicer rooms.
I reserved a room with two queen sized beds, if
that helps in describing it to me.

I have never stayed there and that is almost as exciting as going to this deal. I already know I will be torn to go back and explore the hotel and forget the park!

I would appreciate any help.

MouseWife

Oh, and if anyone comes across a schedule, I would love that, too!

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Can anyone tell me about their 'bare bones' rooms?

Oh... you get a matress and a lamp without a shade, and the bathroom is at the end of the hall.:D

Hopefully that was a joke.:eek: But generally a bare bones room (at other hotels) is the beds and bath and normal accomodations. Just no mini bar or consierege stuff. Probably a normal bathroom as well.

mikala
03-05-2002, 01:42 AM
Hello Mouse,

Joke or not, I have stayed in the rooms, and I love it. They are nice. You said Grand Californian, right? Exploring this property is great because it has some great decor. I know when we have went, (my husband and I) it is great to get something to drink, and walk around. The lobby is so nice, the pool area, and the surroundings of story teller cafe, along with the arcade area. Have a great time, I will.

Mikala

MouseWife
03-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Nigel2-

Haha! Well, you have made me laugh and reminded me that I could get that, but, not on this trip!!! Maybe a road trip, but not this one. {I have to say, I do freak out about what I will be stuck with on trips, I tend to go back to the same hotel/place. I tell the kids it is like having a vacation home but not.}

mikala-

Thanks for your info. I do think I will be wanting to explore this hotel alot. I am even going to check on the dining. I usually don't as it can get pricey with a family of five. I am toying with the idea {as this started out as a weekend out for my daughter and I} of just going with my chickie and my niecie.

Thanks for the information!

Nigel2
03-06-2002, 08:43 PM
You will have to tell us about your trip and if a bare bones room is worth it compared to the next price level.:)

MouseWife
03-06-2002, 08:55 PM
For sure.

And, I know it is a whole month away, but, that's me. I plan
ahead.

I planned my summer trip last summer.

I even have another trip planned for when my son gets old enough to ride on the train compartment with the glass roof into the Grand Canyon. I can't remember how old he has to be but I know he isn't old enough yet.

By then my other two will be old enough to be out of the house and on their own. I want to take them. By then I think they will appreciate a paid vacation.

Now they complain, Ew, my Mom and Dad are always planning trips and making me go.

Then they will brag, Wow, my Mom and Dad are taking us on vacation, all expenses paid!!

Well, I can dream, can't I? :)

disneynut
03-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Well, MouseWife you are going to have to give us a full report of your trip...from the hotel to the soap stars. I'm looking forward to hearing about it. My husband vetoed our trip since we are going south 3 times in a two month period and wasn't about to add another trip down. So...I will have to live vicariously through you. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

MouseWife
03-07-2002, 05:44 AM
I will fill you in.

Sorry about the veto, I am just going by the pure fact that I won't take no for an answer!!! Plus, the fact that the 'guys' just finished up the season of Moto-cross and Monster Trucks while the chica and I did nothing .

We were owed and we are claiming!!!!

I told him, though, that he can't go to Glen Helen as he had planned. So, to make up for that, the guys can come up with us. Someone will have to sleep in a sleeping blanket {they told me on the phone they don't have roll-aways but the room does accommadate 5}. Plus, I told hubby that I don't want to have to worry about what they are doing, I just plan to meet them for dinner.

I am the one who plans all of our trips. I am making sure this one happens.

I have actually been cooking!!! {That is a lot for me!!}