PDA

View Full Version : What time to arrive?

Werner
08-18-2005, 08:44 PM
It's been a while since I've been to Disneyland, so I'm hoping you guys can help me with this. I have my tickets already, but am not sure how early to arrive at the parking structure. The Park will open at 8am. Also do they still do the rope drop? Thanks for your help!

Niwel
08-18-2005, 08:58 PM
During the week, Main Street opens a half hour earlier (for rope drop). The parking structure opens 30 minutes-1 hour before the park does. On the weekends, there is no rope drop, the structure opens 30 minutes before the park does.

Werner
08-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks Niwel!

08-19-2005, 05:00 AM
It's been a while since I've been to Disneyland

Post a trip report with your impressions when you come back?

Mommy2NicknMax
08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
During the week, Main Street opens a half hour earlier (for rope drop). The parking structure opens 30 minutes-1 hour before the park does. On the weekends, there is no rope drop, the structure opens 30 minutes before the park does.
I think this depends on what time of year you go. We were just there last week (during the week) and the park didn't open until 8:00AM and Main Street didn't open early (there was no rope drop). Now when I went in May and December it followed what Niwel posted exactly but I believe the park opened at 9:00AM during that time.

Niwel
08-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Now when I went in May and December it followed what Niwel posted exactly but I believe the park opened at 9:00AM during that time.

Thanks for confirming that Mommy2.... the last time I went during the week was May 5 (when they did open 30 minutes early, but it took most of us 20-minutes+ just to get in, so we couldn't tell). I usually go on the weekends.

Best advice: call ahead if you can the day before and double check -- you might get several different answers, but at least it is something to go on....
If you do get to the structure early, they line you up in front of the booths, or in front of the structure itself based on what time it is.