PDA

View Full Version : need reviews for the Character dining / reviews are old

Hakuna Makarla
08-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I was looking for reviews at story tellers and the last review was 2004. does any one have any updated news on the Character dining (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Character%20dining) expreiences?
we want to go to a few of these since our vouchers will have a breakfast and I think a lunch or dinner. I saw arials ( or princess dining, but want to know what the others are like. also isn;t there one in the disneyland to?

Wendi
08-18-2005, 07:53 PM
If you want the absolute best food for breakfast, go to Storyteller's Cafe - and do not skip the French Toast!!! The character interaction is less than you will get elsewhere, but the food... oh the food... sooooo. good.

In the past year the only other character meal I did was Ariel's and that was when Ariel was still there with her flipper. I totally missed Mickey's brief stint. I would definitely go again with the princesses, sounds nice. There aren't many options on the menu, but it's a nice meal nonetheless. But, if you have a voucher you might get more bang for your buck at a buffet like Goofy's for lunch or dinner.

truesally
08-18-2005, 08:30 PM
We chose Goofy's Kitchen for our character breakfast last year and thought it was fantastic. The food, especially, was great in selection & quality - lots of standard cereals, pastries, fruits, breakfast foods but also more lunch-ish things like roast, steamed vegetables, casseroles, plus yummy desserts (carrot cake!) and ice cream.

The character interaction was really fun - at our table we met with Baloo (danced with us a bit), Aladdin (2x, very chatty, cool guy), Turk, Alice (also talked a bit, very cute), & Goofy (in Chef gear). They all signed autographs on the butcher paper covering our table and posed for pictures. Donald Duck & Pluto walked by & waved (on their way to photo sessions). All the characters did a group macarena twice while we were there.

It was quite a good time (took about an hour & half), worth our vouchersfor sure.

penguin66
08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll put in my review for Storytellers along with my trip report in a few hours. I will say that Storytellers was great!

Hakuna Makarla
08-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll put in my review for Storytellers along with my trip report in a few hours. I will say that Storytellers was great!

great I look forward to it!!
we did goofys the first time and also the one in the paradise peir, but this time we want to do one closer to the parks. I hated walking all they way down for breakfast then back up again, and since the tram will be not in use when we go in april we do not want to walk that far again. Story tellers, thats in the grand isn';t it? I am sure we will try this one, I am anxious to hear whats on the menue and who the carectors are :)

08-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Story tellers, thats in the grand isn';t it? I am sure we will try this one, I am anxious to hear whats on the menue and who the carectors are

Storytellers is in the Grand Californian, that's right. The first thing that strikes you is the atmosphere of the restaurant. The lighting is subdued, the décor simple but with fun touches of murals and iron work depicting moments from great children's books.

You can have the buffet or not. The signature breakfast item is the French toast. It really is divine. And then you're steps from the parks. What's not to love?

Matt Hamand
08-22-2005, 05:51 AM
do not skip the French Toast!!!

The signature breakfast item is the French toast. It really is divine.

Heathens.

Dont listen to them Karla. It's all about the waffles.

Get the buffet, don't load up on the buffet items, and just have your server keep bringing plates of waffles.

French toast. *snorts*

stan4d_steph
08-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks penguin66! Might I suggest that everyone who has had a character breakfast recently please post a review to the MousePlanet Review Page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Character%20dining) So that we can keep it up-to-date? Thank you! :)

oregontraveler
08-22-2005, 06:36 AM
I made reservations for this Friday noon at Ariel's Grotto. I 'll have a different perspective, character dining for the solo traveler. I will post my review on the MP page, Steph.