PDA

View Full Version : Unique idea for anniversary?

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 01:09 PM
We will be at DL October 2-8. It will be our 5th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to do something "special" for my husband while we are there. Any unique ideas? Many thanks! :)

Wendi
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Don't know how "unique" it is, but you can get him a massage at the GCH.

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Now that is something that I would LOVE!!! He, however, is not a fan of "the massage". How one could not be is beyond me! :fez: Thanks for the suggestion though. Any other thoughts??

leah
08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary!

I'll be interested in responses too. My husband and I will be there Oct. 23-26 celebrating our 5th anniversary too. :)

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Congrats right back at you! We went to WDW for our honeymoon, so I think it's fun that we will be back there for our 5 year. Wasn't even really planned...we are going to a wedding the weekend before down there, and OF course had to extend to make it a DL trip!

ken001b
08-18-2005, 01:35 PM
What about dinner at Club 33?

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
It isn't possible to get in there, is it?

tod
08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
It isn't possible to get in there, is it?

If you have to ask, that means you don't know anybody who's a member, so no, it isn't possible.

And don't ask around here. It's against the rules...

--t

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 02:08 PM
I know you have to be or know a member...that's why I was surprised it was suggested. Maybe someday. :)

bassett1976
08-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I would recommend lunch/dinner at Blue Boyou, try to get the Fantasmic Dessert Seating (My wife and I did this on our honeymoon) or try a special dinner at Napa Rose (also something we did on our honeymoon).

I would also suggest trying to get a nice room on property, if money permits.

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 02:32 PM
We have not done the Fantasmic dessert seating...that might be fun. Thanks for your thoughts!!

hlbtimes2
08-18-2005, 02:58 PM
How about the new tour that ends with either prefered seating for the parade or fireworks? Or if you are staying on property you could order something special for your room- dessert, gift basket, wine, etc?

Hi-Ho
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks! How do you book the new tour?

infinite
08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
We will be there for our anniversary in September, and we are pretty much doing everything on Basset1976’s list. Well, I am not sure if ewe will have balcony or riverside seating for Fantasmic, as we are on a list waiting ot be put on the list when tickets go on sale for the date we will be there.

We are staying at the Grand California, concierge service…uhm Blue Bayou, Fatasmic. Oh and I am having a gift basket put in our room. I think you can get flowers as well, I am not certain though.

lauramaynot
08-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I couldn't tell if you are staying on property or not but not long ago a lady posted that she would be buying special things for her daughters and having the hotel staff put it in the room for her so it would be there on the beds when they got there in the afternoon. Maybe you could get him something special (a bottle of wine perhaps) or if you want to make something, a poem or love letter you could do that too (great bathroom reading!!) and have it put into the room for him as a surprise. I'm sure other hotels will do this as well.

losaitkens
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
We just spent our Anniversary at Disneyland and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband handled check in and when he mentioned to the woman helping him that it was our anniversary, she offered to send up a dessert tray, complimentary. I am not sure this is policy so we may have just got lucky but it was a nice surprise for me. The tray consisted of Sparkling Cider, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and brown sugar for dipping. If you are staying on property, it doesn't hurt to inquire about this or as a PP said, you could always call Vacation Planning and arrange for some special deliveries. Have a great trip!

minniemom
08-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Have a great time!!! My husband and I did the same thing for our five year aniversary and had the best time!!! Let me tell you that going to disney alone (without kids) was special enough. We got to experience the park in a whole other way. Don't laugh, but there were things we found romantic that we would never think if we were with our kids. I don't know if you are leaving any little ones behind, but the time alone with just "us" was very special!

hlbtimes2
08-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks! How do you book the new tour?

Call vacation planning. They can help you. Sorry I dont have the number and I'm too lazy to look it up. You can find it at the Disneyland.com site.

cwhit45
08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
My wife and I go to Disneyland every year for our anniversary and we'll be there in 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!We love havng dinner at the Blue Bayou along the water's edge. It is almost a different experience than any of the other tables at the Blue Bayou.

stan4d_steph
08-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Dinner at Napa Rose - good service, nice atmosphere, great food

mkcbunny
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Dinner at Napa Rose - good service, nice atmosphere, great food
Ditto. My husband and I went in May for our 15th and I made sure to get us a rezzie there.

He thought the Sun Wheel [not the swinging cars, tho!] at night was romantic. And the fireworks. We also took swim and nap breaks midday, which were cozy.

Hi-Ho
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks all! Definitely appreciate the advice! Does anyone have more specifics about this tour that ends with dessert seating? We have not eaten at Napa Rose, but based on the feedback, it looks like we should! :fez: