PDA

View Full Version : Smooshed pennies.

EchoThree76
08-18-2005, 02:47 AM
DO they have these at DLR?

Drince88
08-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Yes. And I believe, for the 50th, that they've changed all the dies (or the whole machines) to new ones.

MsYumiBr
08-18-2005, 05:30 AM
Are you kidding? It seems like they have one in every corner. Ones I can remember are in Main Street next to the hat shop, Splash as you are coming out of the ride (broken last I recall), Adventureland in the shop with shrunken Ned (there is actually a group of them there), Main Street arcade, Little Green Men shop as you exit Astro Blasters, and in the shop next to Pirates of the Carribean exit. DCA also has them. One in the Tower of Terror shop as you exit the ride and one at the stand directly across from Muppet's 3-D. Disneyland Hotel has one in Goofy's Kitchen. There are tons more but I can't recall at the moment. You can get a list from City Hall. Bring two quarters for each penny.

BQ2
08-18-2005, 05:34 AM
We have Fun collecting them. Yes, they are all over the resort :)

RStar
08-18-2005, 05:52 AM
You can smash nickles also. Of course they charge three quarters to do this :eek: !

And they sell a book to keep them in. It's big business for them....

Rivergallery
08-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the information on the book, I have been wondering how to store/display them..... it it at City Hall?
I got them all when I went in 1996.. so I need to get the special ones and new ones, like Buzz ;).
Thanks for the reminder!

stan4d_steph
08-18-2005, 07:05 AM
You can get a list of all the money press machines at City Hall. They have the books for storing them in various shops at both parks and at World of Disney.

disney jones
08-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Yes. And I believe, for the 50th, that they've changed all the dies (or the whole machines) to new ones.most of the pre-50th ones remain as well as the new 50th ones (51 of them in honor of each year from 1955-2005)

brerbear77
08-18-2005, 08:19 AM
I got my pressed penny book in one of the shops. I know the Emporium sells the books for the pennies and I think other shops throughout the park do as well. I can't wait to see the new ones that they have!

spacemountain85
08-18-2005, 08:39 AM
You can also visit www.parkpennies.com to learn more than you ever wanted to know about pressed pennies, including a huge list of every type of penny and where its corresponding machine can be found.

losaitkens
08-18-2005, 09:09 AM
You can also visit www.parkpennies.com to learn more than you ever wanted to know about pressed pennies, including a huge list of every type of penny and where its corresponding machine can be found.

What a great link. I have never seen this before! Thanks Spacemountain85!

The 50th series is called "magical milestones" and the pressed penny collector book for this is everywhere for about $6. We got ours in the Greetings from California shop. There is enough space for all 51 magical milestones as well as a few larger spots for pressed nickels. A lot of the MM machines are in the Penny Arcade but others you have to sek out as there is one at The Disneyland Hotel and at World of Disney in DTD. It is really fun going around the park trying to collect all these and even my 5 year old was into it.

CariBelle
08-18-2005, 10:20 AM
On my last DL trip I decided to start a pressed penny collection for my nephew. He's 3 now, and will be going to DL next year, so I thought I could start his collection now as a gift, and he can continue it next year. I got him 6 pennies (so I spent 3.06) and the book (6 bucks). My boyfriend also pressed a quarter for him. There are 6 quarter slots and 3 nickels slots in the book as well.
I made sure to get a good mixture of the new and old designs, making sure to get his some characters he would recognize. So he has: Buzz Lighyear, Nemo, the 50th with the Castle, Mickey with the 1975 Magical Milestone, Fantasmic, and Tomorrowland.

DianeM
08-18-2005, 11:23 AM
There are 51 pennies made special for the anniversary. I don't have the link handy, but www.pennycollector.com has a page with information about penny machines by state and there is a link to Disney penny information. There is a site with a current machine location list and pictures of all of the pressed pennies.