PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head

EchoThree76
08-17-2005, 09:45 PM
My inlaws went to WDW and said that there they have it where you get this bucket and fill it with as much potato head...things as possible and you pay for it all. Do they have this at DL? PErhaps at DTD?

jetkitten
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
My inlaws went to WDW and said that there they have it where you get this bucket and fill it with as much potato head...things as possible and you pay for it all. Do they have this at DL? PErhaps at DTD?
DCA actually

jon80flt
08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
You can do this in DCA... it's in the toy store located in the "train car" next to Sunshine Plaza.

I think it's about $18, and you can fill your box with any of the different parts...but the box needs to be closable... the box is not much bigger than the actual potato body, but you are not required to buy a body.

Some of the parts are disney exclusives, so you won't find them elseware.

Have fun!
Jon

truesally
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
This was so fun! I think the store is called Engine Ears (one of those crazy DCA puns), it's right near the entrance.

Last year I filled a box with 4 of everything exclusive to Disney - for my 2 kids & my friend's 2 kids. We have a couple of potato bodies each so I practiced my spacial abilities & just stuffed in all the cool stuff. There was a movie camera, "action" board (I know there's a technical name but can't think of it), Mickey balloon, Mickey-shaped ice cream bar (with bite taken out, very cute), mouse ears, tea cup 'bottom' (that was the trickiest, getting 4 of those babies in the box!)...Maybe star glasses? There might be something special for the 50th this year...

It took me about 15 minutes to gather everything and make it fit :D And it was about $18+ tax.

enjoy!

MyBeast
08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Just remember that if you get the body... you can fill his butt up with stuff too. the cast members there are good at cramming stuff into the box so be sure and ask for help... they may even have darth tater there too...

TikiGeek
08-18-2005, 07:44 AM
They also sell "bagged" themed costumes and parts for Mr. Potatohead that are not part of the potato bar - They are hanging on the wall next to the potato bar. The costumes are for dressing-up Mr. or Mrs. Potatohead for the holidays or the season. I bought the "Surf'in Tater" outfit last visit - I want to get the "Dracula" outfit for Halloween. :D

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Just remember that if you get the body... you can fill his butt up with stuff too. the cast members there are good at cramming stuff into the box so be sure and ask for help... they may even have darth tater there too...

lol..is it his butt? I thought the trapdoor was on the back. That is too funny.
I need..no my son would like to get Darth Tater :fez:

truesally
08-18-2005, 04:01 PM
lol..is it his butt? I thought the trapdoor was on the back. That is too funny.
I need..no my son would like to get Darth Tater :fez:

Yes, the trapdoor is his butt but you're actually filling his entire body cavity. Whoa, never really thought of the strangeness of the whole venture :eek:

I didn't even see the special outfits hanging - how fun! I think I was so trained on getting 4 of everything exclusive, I didn't look away from the "potato bar" (that name is hysterical).

Well one more thing to put in my planner!

SCUBAbe
08-18-2005, 05:32 PM
I bought the darth tator and when I go back I will egt more parts for him....it may be a desk toy for when to guide people through our website 9"yes, if it says submit...then click submit...*yawn*)...or if I ahve to explain escrow/impound accounts...OMG that takes forever ...so i need somethign to keep me busy while I'm being cursed at...LOL....oh, I only LOL if they are on mute...;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-18-2005, 08:26 PM
VERY COOL! I bought my kids each Mr. Potato Head yesterday, so now we can get some accessories for them when we go this fall!