PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Souvenir From The Parks?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
02-20-2002, 01:07 PM
What Is Your Favorite Souvenir From The Parks? Mine would have to be my ears that my dog wears (in the pic to the left) and a couple of collector pins that i have acquired from CM's from rides that have either shut down or have had grand openings

Gemini Cricket
02-20-2002, 01:19 PM
I would have to say a button of Mickey and Minnie that I got wayyyyy back in 1981.

The next would have to be the Submarine Voyage Attraction Poster I bought and framed for my partner. He's a marine biologist who studies marine invertebrates. So the poster's Disneyland aspect is me, the giant squid is him... :) He's a Disneyland muggle by the way, so slow baby mouse steps to get him into the swing of things. :D

02-20-2002, 01:24 PM
I personally have NOTHING! It's true.

But ... my oldest has mouse ears with her name and my youngest has one of those parasols with her name from NOS.

theg0ldensnitch
02-20-2002, 01:49 PM
I didn't buy any souvenir's until this past time i went (last week). My Boy friend bought me a Haunted Mansion sweater and I bought a necklace from the Indiana Jones Outpost. A nice EYE! My favorite souvenirs would have to be the photos I take. I was able to take a digital photo of the newly painted Mansion with NO people in the photo. Its a 13 by 17 inch photo so I think I'll print it and frame it. Thats a nice one.

mad4mky
02-20-2002, 02:14 PM
A 14kt gold Mickey Mouse Stick Pin that my ex father-in-law gave me. And, a Mickey Mouse music box, that the same man bought for me during the same visit to DLR.

Although he is not my father-in-law any more....I truly love that man, and I miss him. That trip was one of my favorite memories of Disneyland. It was New Years Eve 1979...turning into 1980. Long time ago...but still I have the fondest memories.:)

MouseWife
02-20-2002, 03:39 PM
Well. Hmm. I really love my Mickey metal cookie cutter.

But, what I loved and don't have anymore is a Tinkerbell necklace that I bought when I was, no, back in maybe '72 ;) . It was gold-toned and she sat atop a cage like ball filled with little diamonds. I think she was in her little pose where she is pointing her little wand. Don't know what happened to it.

Another cute thing I wish I had now was my miniature tea set. That would go nicely with the Disney Barbie in my china cabinet.

Oh, least I not mention, the little Pooh beanie pals that my kids gave to me from our trips.

Sorry, more than one but I have been there a lot. :)

Gemini Cricket
02-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 3894
I personally have NOTHING! It's true.
Such restraint! I admire you. Everytime I go to Disneyland I have to buy something. In fact, everytime I leave the house I have to buy something...:D

MouseWife
02-20-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

Such restraint! I admire you. Everytime I go to Disneyland I have to buy something. In fact, everytime I leave the house I have to buy something...:D

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Too funny!

MickeyD
02-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

Oh Disneylad, we have soo much in common. :D

My favorite Disneyland souvenir would have to be one of my Eeyore beanies, I just don't know which one.

triciaandtag
02-20-2002, 04:12 PM
My parents and grandparents were big on buying us books when we were little....One of my favorite souveniers is a complete set of Disney encyclopedias, "Disney's Wonderful World of Knowledge"

disneynut
02-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 3894
my youngest has one of those parasols with her name from NOS.

I still have the parasol my parents bought me from the park 15 or 20 years ago. Everytime we clean the closets out my husband always asks "Why are we saving this again?" But, I'm a packrat and the parasols are so pretty, so we repack it every time.

One of the things, I buy probably 6 or 7 times a year are the ornaments from the ornament shop in NOS. But everytime I've been there recently I haven't been able to hit whatever store hours they are operating on now. :( But with all of the ones I've gotten in the past, we have a very Disney Christmas tree.

cemeinke
02-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, my favorite right now is a limited edition Tinkerbell wristwatch that Not Afraid gave me for Xmas. It's very cool, and one of the few "manly" things that bare a Tinkerbell image.

I'm also rather fond of the Tinkerbell danglers, I've got one in the car and one by my computer at work.

MammaSilva
02-20-2002, 07:19 PM
we bring "something" or a lot of 'somethings' back every trip .. new tshirts, new beanies, new pins and usually a hat or three...so picking a favorite "thing" would be impossible... but a few of them would be...

Brandys first 'good' pic with mickey
our first Splash mt pic with her smile so huge
her autograph book from the first time she went and wasn't terrified of the characters....
my set of the country bear beanies :)

stinkyface
02-21-2002, 07:36 AM
the eeyore i bought at the japan pavilion in epcot. it was made in japan all the writing on the tags was japanese, and i always thought it was the best likeness of eeyore i ever found in a stuffed animal.

Lani
02-21-2002, 09:08 AM
Disneyland paper napkins. Yeah yeah I know, it's stupid. But I take a handful home with me after each trip, and I use it when I eat dinner at home. This way I can have a touch of Disneyland magic every night! :)

hbquikcomjamesl
02-21-2002, 09:20 AM
Probably the one I value the most would have to be a half-filled backstage tour passport, simply because that whole program got cut short.

Second to that would have to be the approximately 150-180 feet of 8mm film I have of the Main Street Electrical Parade, including many units that are long gone. It's really quite remarkable how well The Parade shows up on good-old Kodachrome 40!

yeo_foxe
02-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by lani
Disneyland paper napkins. I take a handful home with me after each trip, and I use it when I eat dinner at home. This way I can have a touch of Disneyland magic every night! :)

Cool!

Sentimental, yet thrifty!

I like it!:D

Main Street Magic
02-21-2002, 09:53 AM
Well, let's see...I have a Mickey Mouse watch that I purchased back when I was a CM which doesn't work an more, but I would have to say that my all time favorite would have to be the two fold up maps (which were purchased for 50 cents each) that I purchased back in the days of E coupons....I used to have one of them hanging in my cubicle at work so that when I needed a break I could look at the map and think of Disney.

BELLEH5
02-21-2002, 10:01 AM
All the things I buy at DL are my favorite. My Disneyland watch, my 7 attraction kid t-shirts, my wrap around kaa snake and last my Disneyland CD. oh yes I have much more but it would take me forever to list them all. Lets just say that in Nov 2001 I was there for ONLY 3 days and I spent $1000:{

MonorailMan
02-21-2002, 10:39 AM
Disneyland paper napkins. Yeah yeah I know, it's stupid. But I take a handful home with me after each trip, and I use it when I eat dinner at home. This way I can have a touch of Disneyland magic every night! :)

Also, thoes napkins really hold in the heat, if used as a microwave food coverer. :)

disneynut
02-21-2002, 10:41 AM

Good idea~You truly are a supah genius!!

cyberRoo
02-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Two favorites:

My big map from my first visit to DL in 1986.

-and-

My charm bracelet, which, technically is from WDW, but since I have 2 charms from WDW and more than I can count from DL, I think it's a DL souvenir. Eventually I had to make a list of my charms so I could remember which ones were from which trip! I try to make them connect in some way [Flounder is from a particularly rainy trip, Sorcerer Mickey from the time we saw Fantasmic from the balcony].

Gemini Cricket
02-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Well, my favorite right now is a limited edition Tinkerbell wristwatch that Not Afraid gave me for Xmas. It's very cool, and one of the few "manly" things that bare a Tinkerbell image.

Speaking of wristwatches, does anyone own one of those Goofy backwards watches? Those are cool. They're hard to read, but they're neat.
:)

hefferdude
02-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Call me sentimental but I have a few that come to mind.

A Disneyland Railroad poster that my son got when he was
two. He's 16 now. Its in my office. A great "think break"
picture to stare at. ( I can hear the telegraph now.)

A Mickey and Kids on a Bench porcelin I had friends get it
for me at the park. It was a surprise Xmas present for my wife.

The Blue Fairy pin we received when my youngest got us signed up for the Parade or Stars unbeknownst to me at the time.
(Waiver? What waiver?). Yeah, corny, low dig - but it was fun.

A letter written for second grade on 'What I like about dad.'
"He makes models, cooks hotdogs, and takes me to Disneyland"

:)

Corndog Barbie
02-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Disneyland paper napkins.

Yeah, but mine all seem to have mustard stains. :)

I do have quite a collection of sticks.

And I want a Mickey antenna ball next time I go!

Chow (Pardon the pun),

CD Barbie