PDA

View Full Version : Can we use AP for fastpasses if APers aren't there?

Pages : [1] 2

snoopyfan
08-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I know its ethically questionable, but my friend has APs for her whole family, but just the two of us will be going and we thought we might use their APs to get fastpasses if we need them. Can we do this?

Osky
08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
I know its ethically questionable, but my friend has APs for her whole family, but just the two of us will be going and we thought we might use their APs to get fastpasses if we need them. Can we do this?

Nope. If the AP was not used for admission that day, the FP machines will not give you a FP. I've been told that your AP will be marked and you will have to do some explaining to get the FP machines to work with your AP again. Can't verify this secord part though. Just what I have heard.

disney jones
08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
no you can't. when the APs are scanned for park entry, they know who's there and who isn't.

(i tried once :rolleyes: )

Disneyfun
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
no you can't. when the APs are scanned for park entry, they know who's there and who isn't.

(i tried once :rolleyes: )
How ever ( i cannot believe I am even saying this. I would like to note I have never done this!)
But if some one was return to thier room or go home You could then... NOw if they were to come back later you would have to go meet them back out side the gates to give back thier pass.

News Aleart!. . . Disney is installing finger scan for fast passes. . . . Just kidding but would not be surprised it they did to stop people from "cheating the system.

To be honest I have only used a fast pass I think once.
I that being said If you found me in the park I could always get you an extra fast pass. :p Hmm do I see an opprotunity here. .? ? ?

Darkbeer
08-17-2005, 05:24 PM
If one person wants to go gather FastPasses while the others sit and have breakfast, etc... that is OK, if all the folks entered the park that day. You are allowed to send one person with all the AP's/Passports to other attractions while the rest stay in a different location.

What is NOT allowed is if you try and use AP's that have not be scanned at the turnstyle (aka AP's of folks who did NOT come to the park that day). The system is smart enough to know when that happens, and a "Not Valid" FP is printed instead.

Stupid_American
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Although it won't work, there are no punitive measures for attempting it.

I scanned my pass and it didn't work..
I scanned it again and it didn't work.
I finally looked at the photo and then used mine.
I was scanning my wife's pass!

They haven't mentioned anything since.

snoopyfan
08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks you guys. I figured as much. We're going during the week in mid October so I don't think we'll need to fastpass too much. Thanks again!

mcow1
08-17-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm sure I used my kid's once when they weren't there.

Doug
08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, what if you are going to the park, you have your friends pass, he is not there just yet, but you want to get a FP for SM before it's too late, can you ask them to scan his pass with yours, so you can get a FP while you wait for him? (this scenario may happen Friday, so I ask >:))

sleepyjeff
08-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, what if you are going to the park, you have your friends pass, he is not there just yet, but you want to get a FP for SM before it's too late, can you ask them to scan his pass with yours, so you can get a FP while you wait for him? (this scenario may happen Friday, so I ask >:))

I would think not. The whole idea behind FP is to 'hold" your place in line while you go do other things.............if he wasn't there to "get" in line so to speak, how can he expect it to "hold" his place ?

SCUBAbe
08-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I did a "bad" thing once. When DCA first opened they sent me 4 kids tickets for free entry. We only used them to get mulitple FP's for every visit until they were deactivated....I was bad.....

Malcon10t
08-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm sure I used my kid's once when they weren't there.Until about 2003 you could do this. When you upgraded to a new AP, you could use the old AP for fastpasses too. (We once had 3 years of APs.) They fixed this glitch somewhere around 2003.

Malcon10t
08-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, what if you are going to the park, you have your friends pass, he is not there just yet, but you want to get a FP for SM before it's too late, can you ask them to scan his pass with yours, so you can get a FP while you wait for him? (this scenario may happen Friday, so I ask >:))The fastpass machine will kick out a ticket marked "Media not used for entrance".

TowerofTerror
08-17-2005, 08:15 PM
man this good. i wont say what Ive done to get fast pass.I know lot of people going so much.I have been there and can just go through fast pass or the exit and the customers don't care let me ride the ride.This has happen not attentively but on some occasions. if you wont more send a pm

lauramaynot
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
also slightly unethical but we have done it:
You can get FP for people who are with you that don't meet the height requirement and can't ride it anyway. When I was a teenager my brother and sisters and I would fight over our little brothers ticket...ok, ok, it's sick and I apologize ;)

Pat-n-Eil
08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
There are ways... :~D

Let's say you have 4 parkhopper tickets and two members of your party don't want to go to the park that day - and don't mind giving one day of their eligibility, then you can enter the park with your two tickets. Exit with handstamp, then re-enter the park with the other two tickets.. now all 4 tickets are activated and available for FastPasses.

Or - like I just did - my wife and daughter wanted to go back to the Hotel and do some DTD shopping - so we all entered the park at the monorail station, then immediately exited with handstamps. I got their passports and went back into the park. I was able to obtain all the fastpasses (AAA enhanced) while they finished shopping and packing.. then we all went back later to use them.

In my mind, this technique would work with Annual Passes if:
1. They don't check your I.D. during your initial entry and
2. The annual passholder didn't want to use that ticket that day.. otherwise, they'd have to enter and get handstamped.

Of course, you'll have to exit the park and meet up with the actual ticket holders later if you all want to go in.

Somehow - in my mind - it is a little more unethical to do this with the annual pass than it is with your Parkhopper tickets, but I don't know why.

TikiGeek
08-19-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm not trying to be judgmental or point a finger nor am I trying to take the high road but good lord! Doesn't anyone have scruples anymore? It's cheating folks. I guess in our society if you can get away with it - it's O.K. :rolleyes:

(Alright I'm off my soapbox now. Sheesh!!!)

Pat-n-Eil
08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
SOME of what we're talking about is clearly unethical and against the rules..

On the other hand, I think my original plan is acceptable since it was clarified to me by the Castmember at the gate. He told me it was perfectly acceptable for all of us to enter, then exit with handstamps and two of us re-enter the park with all four parkhoppers in order to obtain fastpasses for the members who weren't immediately going into the park.

Using Disney's own definition of the advantage of the FastPass, it holds your place in line while you continue to shop, dine or whatever. Since that is what my wife and daughter were doing in DTD, I really have no compunction at all about it and since Disney was still the beneficiary of their spending activity, I'll bet they don't care either.

I would only have slightly more compunction about it if two of us went back to the hotel for the night and the other two continued to use their parkhoppers to double up on our FastPasses - so the two of us could ride twice as much.

The AP thing, I think, crosses into other more sinister territory..

Pat-n-Eil
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM

You can't do this without him there because you'd have to activate his parkhopper by having it scanned at the gate.. and if he wasn't there to get a handstamp, he wouldn't be allowed back in.

However... on my recent trip, I saw no less than two castmembers give FastPasses for someone wanting to do this at Space Mountain .. but it was like a one-time shot. They explained that the parkhopper had to be scanned for entry before the FastPass machines would take it.

SassyNYLady
08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Using Disney's own definition of the advantage of the FastPass, it holds your place in line while you continue to shop, dine or whatever. Since that is what my wife and daughter were doing in DTD, I really have no compunction at all about it and since Disney was still the beneficiary of their spending activity, I'll bet they don't care either.

I fully agree. Who says that you have to wait in the park or at the DLR at all if you get FP's for, say, splash, for 8 hours out during the summer season?

IMO, it's no "worse" than sending a runner over to DCA to get FP's for Soarin' while the rest of the party does other things in DL, or DTD, or off property for that matter.

And, I actually don't see anything wrong with using the ticket of another who doesn't want to or cannot ride the particular ride. As far as I am concerned, each ticket is entitled to one FP in a certain time period (absent the "enhanced" feature), and it doesn't matter *who* uses it, so long as that person is actually *in* the park that day.

mkcbunny
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I don't see any problem with using tix to get FPs for people in your party who've entered and intend to return later. It doesn't matter whether they are wandering around in or outside of the park; if you are using their tix to get them FPs, fine. Likewise, if you have two under-height kids in your family, and you are all in the park, I don't think there's anything wrong with using their tix to get FPs for older family members. The system allows each ticket holder a FP, and if the little kids aren't tall enough to ride, and someone else gets their FP, it doesn't over-burden the system. Plus, your family paid for that privelidge; someone may as well use it.

Trying to bring in an old AP or someone else's AP, tho ...

Sheepishly, I admit that before they tracked whether a ticket was used for park entry on a specific day, I had a 3-day hopper from a friend who had one unused day left on her pass. And I used that to get an extra FP. At the time, I didn't have a big ethical problem with it since she had paid for the third day but not used it. I figured, she could have been there standing on many lines and using up FPs all day, but she wasn't, so I used it once or twice.

I think the ethical/"cheating" problem comes in where you're getting FPs without someone paying for a corresponding admission that day, e.g. an AP that isn't yours or an old ticket [which no longer seems possible].

lauramaynot
08-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I think the ethical/"cheating" problem comes in where you're getting FPs without someone paying for a corresponding admission that day, e.g. an AP that isn't yours or an old ticket [which no longer seems possible].

I agree with you...but it sure sucks when FPs are gone before noon. People must be burdening the system somehow for them to be gone so quickly. Also it is really awesome when someone randomly gives you FP they won't be using we had gotten FPs for Indy and since 2 of the 3 kids with us fell asleep during the fireworks -and they were heavy! we gave 8 away to two different groups of people that were heading in as we were heading out. You can't usually get FP past about 8 pm and it was awesome to see the looks on peoples faces. If you aren't gonna use them give them to someone who will.

The Mouse Is Back
08-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmmm...not saying that *everyone* on this thread is crossing ethical lines, but...nobody should wonder why DL keeps tightening up on FP.

Wouldn't be surprised if they finally do away with it for APs (and I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if they do - speaking as an AP).

-Allegra-

nickbrown2k2
08-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Hmmm...not saying that *everyone* on this thread is crossing ethical lines, but...nobody should wonder why DL keeps tightening up on FP.

Wouldn't be surprised if they finally do away with it for APs (and I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if they do - speaking as an AP).

-Allegra-

I'd be a little disappointed as an AP to have FP done away with for them. I've been both a regular paying Guest and an AP guest, and I recognize the need for regular Guest's to be able to enjoy the Park, including the FP perk. However, I've already paid a substantial portion to return to the Park and give even more money to the Mouse through food, bringing family with me, and etc.

sleepyjeff
08-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm not trying to be judgmental or point a finger nor am I trying to take the high road but good lord! Doesn't anyone have scruples anymore? It's cheating folks. I guess in our society if you can get away with it - it's O.K. :rolleyes:

(Alright I'm off my soapbox now. Sheesh!!!)

Better to be on a soapbox standing tall then on all fours sniffing the dirt for a new scheme to cut in front of others ;)