PDA

View Full Version : Do the Doodlebops appear at Disney?

Pages : [1] 2

Poptart
08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Anyone know if the Doodlebops are anywhere in Disney - for pictures or performing? If so, when and where?

TIA!

ima_mickeyfan
08-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Anyone know if the Doodlebops are anywhere in Disney - for pictures or performing? If so, when and where?

TIA!
i sure hope not, it took me a long time to actually enjoy the wiggles....I just can't stomach the doodlebops and I have several young chilren who don't seem intrested at all.

hippiemama
08-17-2005, 12:07 PM
my daughter is a fan. They bug me, so I try to be sure the tv is off when they are on. But if she catches them on its all over.
I don't think they're at disney - but following this thread in case someone knows better then me

DaddyB
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
They are not currently at Disneyland.

thank god.

miss bianca
08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
As the mother of a 1 year old who LOVES the Wiggles - I cannot stand the doodlebops!!! Bad Disney, Bad, Bad!!

Great and now the theme song is stuck in my head :eek: "we're the doodlebops, oh yeah..."

Can't wait for that to be off the air :D

Rteneyck
08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Doodlebops = doodie. I can't stand them even though my daugher does like them.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-17-2005, 02:20 PM
thank goodness they aren't at DL!!!

AcuraTL
08-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Wiggles=yes Doddlebobs or whatever their name is=no thanks.

My2kidsrule
08-17-2005, 02:59 PM
It's not an American show, and unlike the Wiggles, they dub. They dub really well, but they dub. Unlike LazyTown (yuck), which brought an American girl to Iceland to play the lead.

TowerofTerror
08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
well not in the united states maybe in the parks in japan or Paris

Disney4Me
08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
They are not currently at Disneyland.

thank god.

As a parent who had to sit through Barney, Teletubbies and countless other childrens entertainment I agree! Mine was too old for the Wiggles or Doodlethings.

I think all the repetition from the programs and songs stuck in my brain..I still remember all the words to those songs. :rolleyes: On a good note my son enjoyed the programming and it was educational for his age.

itig
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM

TIA!

I loathe...hate...the Doodlebops...err bugs...or whatever they are. Not allowed in our house...scary neon sugar-coated glam rockers....blech!

munchkinsmom0003
08-17-2005, 04:39 PM
My kids are not fans of this show, I'm thrilled to say. I wonder if TPTB at the Disney Channel are getting the hint of how many of us feel, because lately I've noticed that the show isn't on as high of a rotation like it was when it first started. Or is it because I've made a subconscious effort to avoid them? :p

Edited to answer the OPs question: I've not seen them at Disneyland or DCA the last few times I've been there.

itig
08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
My kids are not fans of this show, I'm thrilled to say. I wonder if TPTB at the Disney Channel are getting the hint of how many of us feel, because lately I've noticed that the show isn't on as high of a rotation like it was when it first started. Or is it because I've made a subconscious effort to avoid them? :p

Where does one write in to complain about a show on the Disney Channel? I would love to let them know how I feel about this waste of programming.

stan4d_steph
08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I thought they added the Doodlebops to the DCA Playhouse Disney show. I haven't seen it since before that though. Anyone know?

AcuraTL
08-17-2005, 08:39 PM
I thought they added the Doodlebops to the DCA Playhouse Disney show. I haven't seen it since before that though. Anyone know?

They added Jojo Circus and took out Rolie Polie Olie.

WITron
08-17-2005, 09:05 PM
We enjoyed the older Wiggles episodes. Then they changed the format and no longer care for it. My DD can't stand the doodlebops.

truesally
08-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I am completely unfamiliar with this show (thank goodness, I guess!) but because we are perhaps the last basic-cable family in the US, we don't really know the other Disney Channel stuff either. We've seen Rolie Polie Olie on video & really liked it (love William Joyce all around), but just saw the post that it's no longer part of the Disney Playhouse show.

We didn't go to the Playhouse last year but have heard it's quite fun to watch. What will be showing this fall? We have, amazingly & mercifully, been able to sneak around the ubiquitous Barney, Teletubbies, Wiggles & Raffi weirdness and hook our kids with The Beatles, They Might Be Giants, West Side Story, & Elvis among other parent-friendly musical entertainments (Aerosmith singing "I Love Trash," wow, what a gift :D ). Would we enjoy the Playhouse or is it pretty sugary? (The DKs are 5 & almost 7).

heidiwhr
08-18-2005, 04:51 AM
My 3 y/o son loves the Doodlepops. I have to leave the room whenever they are on! While I enjoy the Wiggles (even went to the concert when they were in town), there's something about the Doodlepops that just isn't right!

stan4d_steph
08-18-2005, 05:11 AM
They added Jojo Circus and took out Rolie Polie Olie.I knew they'd changed something. Thanks AcuraTL! :)

BigAlH
08-18-2005, 11:20 AM
It always amazes me how some parents can have such hatred or disgust for certain kid shows. I've been through my share of shoes, including VERY early Barney, which was nowhere near as polished as today.

Personally none of it really bothers me. I can tolerate just about everything, except violence - but you don't see that in a lot of kid shows.

As far as the Doddlebops - they don't seem that bad to me. My computer is out in the living room where I worked a few times while my daughter watched it. I don't see much of an annoyance factor with it.

Of course you could always turn on Boohbah (http://www.boohbah.com/zone.html)! My kids cracked up at the silliness of that, but I got through Teletubbies so I'm prepared for anything...

My2kidsrule
08-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Would we enjoy the Playhouse or is it pretty sugary? (The DKs are 5 & almost 7).

The answer is both. But the fun as an adult is watching the kids get up and dance and have a good time. Not that they don't do that other places at DL or DCA, but it's a harmless (and COOL) 25 minute chance to sit and let the kids go nuts.

As for the Disney Channel lineup mentioned earlier, both Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. are on their summer schedules. They will bring in new shows in the next few weeks and get to a standard school-year schedule. And in case you're wondering, Rolie Polie Olie is being phased off the schedule. So is Stanley. And Bear's show is out of production (he hosts "Breakfast with Bear" now), and "Book of Pooh" is out of production.

That show won't have any new-ish characters in it besides JoJo (who I like a lot).

Lastly, the person who mentioned how polished shows are now, I totally agree, but some of them get it and some don't. Blue's Clues was excellent because it didn't pander. It treated kids like they were smart (until Joe came along, anyway). That's why the Wiggle work and Doodlebops don't. Well, that and the fact that Doodlebops look like a BAD HR Pufnstuf rip-off.

OK, time to go watch some adult TV....

avalosn
08-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Okay, guys I wish the Doodlebops would fall into a black hole somewhere and never come out. I have a 2 year old son who loves Playhouse Disney and before the Doodlebops, I never had to worry about censoring the TV when he watched PD. Now whenever they show a commercial for the Doodlebops I immediately change the channel because I DO NOT want my son watching them. They look like some of the weirdos you see on Hollywood Blvd!!!! And what the heck is up with those talking heads on sticks, okay that is gross!!!! If I was a little one and saw those talking heads on the Doodlebops, I would have nightmares for days. I sure as heck don't want my little boy to see that nonsense!!!! We now watch PBS Kids more than Playhouse Disney. Disney Channel, GET A CLUE AND GO BACK TO WHAT WORKS!!!!!!!......And dump the Doodlebops, please!.....

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Stanley gone!!!?? That's a bummer my kids love Stanley.

I haven't seen Playhouse Disney since Jo JO was added, how is it?

AcuraTL
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Yeah, they can't take Stanley and Olie away, they are both my son's favorite.