PDA

View Full Version : Planning first trip to Disneyland!

Buffytheweedslayer
08-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi Everyone!

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland in June 2006 and I have a couple questions.

The Disneyland site is now showing rates for 2006 but it seems to be the same rate no matter what date you put in. Does Disneyland have different seasons ( Value, Reg and Peak) like WDW? If so when can I expect the seasonal rates to be released? Can you get a discount with AAA?

Thanks so much! I look forward to planning our trip and reading all the great advice on this board :)

yellowrosedtxn
08-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Welcome to the boards.

To answer your question, yes, they have value, regular and peak seasons. I am not sure what the rate is at the moment. You should call the Walt Disney Travel Company: 877-700-3476 to get the rates. If the value season next year is like the value season this year, then it will go through the month of June. (I am going back next summer myself.)

Yes, you can go through AAA to get better rates - when I talked to the WDTC they said I could call them with my dates and rooms that you want, get the rates/information, then call AAA and see what they can do for you. If you go through AAA you can get unlimited Fastpasses for anyone that gets park hopper tickets.

I hope this helps.

Buffytheweedslayer
08-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Thank you Yellowrosedtxn! Great to know that June is considered value season :)

Thanks for the help!

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 08:27 AM
If you go to the disneyland.com website, click on hotels in the upper left corner, from there go to rates. You get a standard rack rate chart. Below that is the breakdown of the 2005 seasons. The 2006 season should be really simular- maybe shifted a day or two here and there so the changes fall on a certain day of the week. But for the most part you can use it as a guide.

There will probably be some promotions between now and then though. I would suspect some better rates. Such as a free night, kids fly free (not always the bargain it sounds), etc.

Susan L
08-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Your answers have been answered so I will just say Welcome to the boards. I always book our trips to DL through AAA. I will be doing this next month and post all the details when I get them finalized . Have fun planning your trip.

Buffytheweedslayer
08-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Thank you hlbtimes2 and Sue! I am really exicted to be planning our first trip to DL - I am sure I will be bouncing off the walls by the time next June gets here - LOL :D