PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dessert Buffet Question

Pages : [1] 2

montana
08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I was wonerding how the view of the new fireworks show is from the balcony?Thanks for your input.

RocketRob
08-16-2005, 08:22 PM
The view is Fantasmic, er, Fantastic! Great thing to do for a special occasion. Dead center view. High above the crowds, if a bit far back from the action. You and 15 or 20 other people. Seated in the order tickets were purchased.

Same price as a one-day admission...currently $56.75, I think.

Book 30 days in advance by calling 714-781-4400. Call first thing in the morning as seats sell out quickly and remember that if you book the first show you will get to stick around for the fireworks.

Food is good. Assorted desserts as well as cheese and crackers. All you can drink including Mint Juleps, if that's your thing. Have fun!

montana
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
The view is Fantasmic, er, Fantastic! Great thing to do for a special occasion. Dead center view. High above the crowds, if a bit far back from the action. You and 15 or 20 other people. Seated in the order tickets were purchased.

Book 30 days in advance by calling 714-781-4400. Call first thing in the morning as seats sell out quickly and remember that if you book the first show you will get to stick around for the fireworks.

Food is good. Assorted desserts as well as cheese and crackers. All you can drink including Mint Juleps, if that's your thing. Have fun!

Thanks for responding so quick. I am new at this and didn't clarify my question. I wondered how the view of "Remeber Dreams Come True" is from the balcony. I read the article on the pros and cons of different locations to watch the fireworks but haven't seen any info on the quality of the view and its effects from the balcony.

CrazyMouse
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for responding so quick. I am new at this and didn't clarify my question. I wondered how the view of "Remeber Dreams Come True" is from the balcony. I read the article on the pros and cons of different locations to watch the fireworks but haven't seen any info on the quality of the view and its effects from the balcony.

I did balcony seating on the 9th, the view for the fireworks was great but you couldn't see other affects that happen around the castle. There are lasers at the tom sawyer island during star wars. but all in all it was great.

RocketRob
08-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Wow I'm tired and apparently illiterate! Ok so I've done this too....we saw Fantasmic from the balcony and then stayed for the fireworks.

The view was ok and there are a few special effects on Tom Sawyers Island but you miss all of the castle effects including most of the pyro launched from the hub.

It's not the same show from anywhere but the hub but you do get to see all of the pyro launched from behind Toontown plus there's no waiting.

If you are only going for a few days, I would see the fireworks from the hub and then book the 10:30 show if you want to do the buffet.

Leslie21
08-17-2005, 12:27 AM

I didn't start this thread but I do have a question: Is payment due when booking the Balcony seats for Fantasmic? I want to book 4 seats for early Nov. for my birthday and am trying to figure a budget. :) Any help would be great

Hakuna Makarla
08-17-2005, 04:42 AM
DERAIL)))))))) Say are you from Montana??? SO far I think I am the only one on here from these here parts:) HOWDY !!!

montana
08-17-2005, 12:55 PM
DERAIL)))))))) Say are you from Montana??? SO far I think I am the only one on here from these here parts:) HOWDY !!!
Yes, Missoula

Osky
08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Yes. For the dessert buffet, payment is due at the time of booking.

stacyjr1015
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm going with my family in December and wanted to know a couple of things. 1) does anyone know if it will be running weekend in December and 2) if so, will they still be doing the dessert party? If they are doing the dessert party, we are going to stay at a Good Neighboor hotel but if they are not, we're going to spend the $$ on staying at a resort hotel.
Thanks

blackjackdelta
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Any tricks for getting to the 925 showing of the fireworks to the 1030 Fantasmic dinner tonight, or where to sit to move quickly out?

hlbtimes2
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm going with my family in December and wanted to know a couple of things. 1) does anyone know if it will be running weekend in December and 2) if so, will they still be doing the dessert party? If they are doing the dessert party, we are going to stay at a Good Neighboor hotel but if they are not, we're going to spend the $$ on staying at a resort hotel.
Thanks

I would guess they will be doing, at a minimum, F! on Friday, Sat and Sun nights. Fireworks on Fri and Sat as well. That is the fall schedule, and should carry in to Dec. They could even add to that during the busiest part of December. Both balcony and riverside seating should be avaible. Be sure you start calling first thing in the morning, 30 days before your trip to get reserved seating.

sand20go
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Some random thoughts on the buffet (we saw the 10:30 show on August 2nd)

A) If you go for the second showing have a "plan" on how to get to NOS. I am increasingly believing that the best strategy is to take the train or, second option, cut through fantasy land and the trail by big thunder ranch. The entrances off the hub are a mass of humanity after the fireworks.

B) The deserts are, to be frank, just OK. I guess I was hoping for more. Not that they are bad but basically buffet quality (I know, what did I miss in the fantasmic buffet name). The one exception is the fritters that are really very good. Coffee pretty good as well.

C) The View is AMAZING. It is like watching an entirely different show. I can't say enough about how nice it is to have unobstructed site lines.

D) I hate to say it but I also enjoy the "exclusivity" of it all. I can't imagine droping that kind of money for a family but for just my wife and I it made for a nice end to a very special day to be above the crowds.

E) If your only reference to Fantasmic is the one at WDW you are in for a real treat when the Columbia comes around the bend in the river.;-)

Malcon10t
08-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Any tricks for getting to the 925 showing of the fireworks to the 1030 Fantasmic dinner tonight, or where to sit to move quickly out?Its actually not too bad (we have done it numerous times, even on the 17th.) As soon as its over, head thru the Frontierland entrance and stay as right as you can. They usually hold up everyone for 5 mins or so just before you get to the steamship. Once some of the people clear out, they reopen and get people moving pretty fast. We usually make it well before the 10pm seating time.

If you watch from the train station, just hop the train.

Disney Village
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
My family is also planning on doing this the second weekend in Dec. Some quick questions that, to my knowledge, have not been asked in this thread):

1. What time does the phone lines open up in the morning?
2. Should I be speed dialing once they do open?
3. Is there a maximum number of reservations (we'll prob have a party of 4 to 5 adults and 3 kids under 3)?
4. Is there a child's price?
5. Since payment is due at time of booking, if I have to cancel someone later on, is the price refundable?
6. If so, what is the cut-off for the refund (one-day, one week, same day, etc)?

Thanks everyone!

geoffa
08-18-2005, 03:29 AM
I didn't start this thread but I do have a question: Is payment due when booking the Balcony seats for Fantasmic? I want to book 4 seats for early Nov. for my birthday and am trying to figure a budget. :) Any help would be great

Book 30 days in advance by calling 714-781-4400. They take all major cards.

hlbtimes2
08-18-2005, 05:48 AM
1. What time does the phone lines open up in the morning? I think 8 am
2. Should I be speed dialing once they do open? YES
3. Is there a maximum number of reservations (we'll prob have a party of 4 to 5 adults and 3 kids under 3)? If they have enough seats you can reserve them
4. Is there a child's price? for the balcony no, river side they are $10 less
5. Since payment is due at time of booking, if I have to cancel someone later on, is the price refundable? non refundable.
6. If so, what is the cut-off for the refund (one-day, one week, same day, etc)?

leah
08-18-2005, 08:33 AM
I have a few questions too -
I will be seeing Fantasmic on a Sunay in October. It will start at 9:00pm.

How early before the Fantasmic start time do you go to the buffet?

How long is Fantasmic?

Does anyone know when DL will close that night?

thanks!

jon80flt
08-18-2005, 09:16 AM

How long is Fantasmic?

thanks!

They will seat you about 30mins before the show.

F! is about 20mins long... plus about 17mins for the fireworks (if you stay there to watch)

Too early to know closing times... but should be no earlier than 11:00pm... remember, Main St usually stays open for an extra hour.

Have Fun!
Jon

Malcon10t
08-18-2005, 10:13 AM

How long is Fantasmic?

thanks!
The park will most likely close at 10pm. Seating for the 9pm show generally starts at 830pm. As soon as you are seated, you can start the buffet. Fantasmic is 23 mins long.

Disney4Me
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Yes, Missoula

I have a yummy bottle of mayo/mustard in my fridge from Missoula :D

Minnie66
08-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Sometimes the ticket price has been refunded. We had tickets in June and when we arrived for the show, much to our dismay, our seats had been given away. When I asked how that could be I was told that someone had said there was a party of four that had cancelled and since we were the last one's to check in, they assumed it was us. Obviously it wasn't. And we checked in right at 8:30. I also had the first table of 4 seats as I was the first to get through the day I ordered. I had purchased them as Mother/Father Day presents for mine and my Husbands parents. I questioned how that could be because the tickets were sold as "non-refundable" and had already been paid for. I just received a shoulder shrug. I was later told that they do sometime refund tickets depending on the circumstances. You might want to ask which situations would qualify for a refund.

srfantasmic
08-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Sometimes the ticket price has been refunded. We had tickets in June and when we arrived for the show, much to our dismay, our seats had been given away. When I asked how that could be I was told that someone had said there was a party of four that had cancelled and since we were the last one's to check in, they assumed it was us. Obviously it wasn't. And we checked in right at 8:30. I also had the first table of 4 seats as I was the first to get through the day I ordered. I had purchased them as Mother/Father Day presents for mine and my Husbands parents. I questioned how that could be because the tickets were sold as "non-refundable" and had already been paid for. I just received a shoulder shrug. I was later told that they do sometime refund tickets depending on the circumstances. You might want to ask which situations would qualify for a refund.

Did you get to see the show?? Did they refund your money or give you something for your troubles?

Minnie66
08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Did you get to see the show?? Did they refund your money or give you something for your troubles?

They did refund my money......but what a dissapointment. Honestly, I think someone's friend just wanted a seat and we were sacrificed. Our parent are quite up there in age, and all needed ECV to even get to the park so it was impossible for them to just pull up a "ground" seat. It was about the ony thing at Disneyland that I knew they could actually enjoy since the rides were out and quite frankly was the only reason the bought park tickets. My entire office started dialing the phone at 2 minute to 8 in order for me to get these tickets, so needless to say it was a MAJOR disappointment. They tried to get us seats for one day during the rest of our stay but they didn't have any available (dah.....)......needless to say, I will never spend that kind of money on 1/2 hour of entertainment again!!!!

hookem59
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
They did refund my money......but what a dissapointment. Honestly, I think someone's friend just wanted a seat and we were sacrificed. Our parent are quite up there in age, and all needed ECV to even get to the park so it was impossible for them to just pull up a "ground" seat. It was about the ony thing at Disneyland that I knew they could actually enjoy since the rides were out and quite frankly was the only reason the bought park tickets. My entire office started dialing the phone at 2 minute to 8 in order for me to get these tickets, so needless to say it was a MAJOR disappointment. They tried to get us seats for one day during the rest of our stay but they didn't have any available (dah.....)......needless to say, I will never spend that kind of money on 1/2 hour of entertainment again!!!!

Wow, that is AWFUL! When we went last year for my wife's birthday, I had this arranged as a surprise for her, and I had managed to keep her away from the area every night when Fantasmic was going on, so she didn't have any idea what it was. We were in Tomorrowland before going over to the gallery, and I figured we had time to ride Star Tours one last time before heading over for the 9:30 show. We were just about to board when I looked at the Fantasmic tickets one last time, and noticed the show was at 9:00, NOT 9:30. We bolted out and ran over to the gallery, and were seated about 5 minutes before the show, in the far back corner, but at least we were seated. It NEVER occurred to me that they might give our seats away. When we go again in a couple of weeks, I've already planned to be in the gallery an hour before the show.